Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #471
ill you be my
Webkinz :)

PorcelainNinja is a jewel in the roughPorcelainNinja is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Math Puzzle Contest!

No....the zombie was close...
Next hint: (puzzle is still worth two foods, cuz this one's tricky) It is Halloween-themed...
PorcelainNinja is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #472

goodmorning2u is on a distinguished road

There are two people who are in a room alone. One looks around the room and then realizes he's going to die. What's going on?

The other one, who is not going to die, is a vampire and the one who is going to die saw his/her fangs?
(I read Twilight recently. Can you tell?)
Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #473
ill you be my

Good job goodmorning! You were the closest, and this was getting to be a fairly old puzzle, so you win! The actual answer was: The first man was a human, the second a vampire. The first looked around, saw a mirror, and himself in it, but not the other man. He realized that the second man was a vampire and therefore he, the first man, was a bout to die.
Nice job!
And, go Twilight!

Next puzzle: As a man jumps out of a window, he hears the telephone ring and regrets having jumped. Why? (three foods)
Old 11-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #474

goodmorning2u is on a distinguished road

Someone was going to call him, let's say his girlfriend, when thier plane landed, or when their ship docked, or something. If they didn't call, it meant their plane had crashed, or thier ship sunk, or something. When she didn't call, he jumped out the window, not wanting to leive while she didn't. As he jumped out, the telephone rang, and he regretted jumping because it could be the girlfriend.
(I got the idea for the first part from this greek myth, I forget which one. I think it was the Minotuar and whoever that was. if the hero-the kings son or grandson- was dead, they would put up black sails, and if he was alive, white ones. They had a fight with a monster and forgot to change the sails, so when the king saw the blavk sails, he jumped off a cliff into the sea.)
And go twilight! That was a long post, wasn't it?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #475
ill you be my

Yes, that was a long post, and it was a very, very plausible answer, in fact it is the answer to another very similar puzzle on the same site, so I'll give you credit! But the puzzle is still up, I'll repost it in a sec, for the provided answer for that actual puzzle online! Still three foods, the puzzle is: As a man jumps out of a window, he hears the telephone ring and regrets having jumped. Why?

Goodmorning, are you going to see the movie on 12-12??
Old 11-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #476
chester24 is on a distinguished road

what movie twilight ?
chester24 is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #477
I dance with my

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

he regrets falling out because:
He forgot someone important was gonna call him??? OH WAIT! I think I know it!
Cause' someone could figure out that he was not home, then they would think "he said he was gonna be home..." and then they go see him at his house PERSONALLY and they see him died on the ground. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me if I get the question right!
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #478
h2osu
Gifted

iamsarahsue will become famous soon enough

This is a post-holocaust scenario of some kind; for whatever reason, the man believes himself to be the last human on Earth. He doesn't want to live by himself, so he jumps -- but when he hears the telephone ring, he realizes he's not the last human on Earth after all?
iamsarahsue is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #479
ill you be my

nice guesses all around, but iamsarahsue got it! nice job, everyone! thanks for participating!
hey, general question, would y'all like a menu? like, to choose from if you win? Just wanted to know. OK, three foods for iamsarahsue, will PM you shortly! Yes, I was talking about the Twilight movie, I think it comes out on 12-12-08, not sure, but that seems right.
Next puzzle: A married couple goes to a movie, during which the husband strangles the wife, but he is able to get her body home without attracting attention. How? (three foods)
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #480

pigman626 is an unknown quantity at this point

They r at a drive in movie
pigman626 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
challenging, lateral puzzles, math, puzzles