Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
lululillypadstar is on a distinguished road

Default Holiday Writing Contest!

Hey and heres how it works! Here you can enter in a holiday writing contest...
there are 7 topic choices you can enter
1. Christmas
2. Christmas History
3. Hanuka
4. Hanuka History
5. Kwanza
6. Kwanza History
7. Other celebration!

You can have it be a memoir of a tradition (plz no last names!) or just something you made up! you can use your webkinz or something you just make up! for history you can do something according to the history of the subject~ EXAMPLE! Christmas history, manger sceene... see? history of christmas...
for the "other" catagory you can do anything from another holiday you celebrate to anything you make up... frosty the snowman, not exactly christmas but that would count under "other"

heres an example of how i need the format of your story to look...

Christmas: A Christmas Tradition By: lululillypadstar

once apon a time............... etc.................. yatayata.................. the end

and thats all to it!

now for the prizes!~ you can pick any one psf out of :gr::goo::lion::rdr::wt: !grand prize first place gets three psfs!

good luck guys!!!! contest ends On December 27, and i will have first place prizes in every category sent out by January 1st

Last edited by lululillypadstar; 12-16-2007 at 09:35 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
LindaBear is a jewel in the roughLindaBear is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Holiday Writing Contest!

Christmas Family Traditions by Linda Bear.

Well since I am Polish and Russian we have a traditional Eastern European Feast.

Before the Soup is passed out to everyone. My mom takes holy water and Blesses the family a cross on each of our Foreheads she then gives Garlic and Opletki to everyone with wine and the Blessing of CHristmas meals which my Dad says.

On Christmas Eve we have Holy Supper with meatless meals.
Then for the First dish we have the Soup that consists of Borsch , Minestrone soup or Veggie Soup.
I remember when we used to have Mushroom soup and it certainly made our stomaches upset since I thought the whole Church smelled us from the Mushroom smell. lol

NExt after soup is done we have Salutka which is herring with Cream sauce or another type of Sauce. We used to have Smelts but that took forever to clean so we have Salutka, Tuna Fish, and Fish Sticks instead. We then have the oplotkei which I said before and Garlic and Honey. Garlic is to keep the family healthy and to not get sick. The honey well makes the Garlic taste better.

In the main mean we have Tuna Fish, Fish Sticks, Pierogies : Kapusta and Potato and Chese. YUMMY. Kapusta : is Sourkraut but in Polish .
We have the Traditional Christmas BRead which is Nutbread, Almost Bread and a darker seed Bread also.

Also the Dish is filled with Veggies and afterwards Dessert which is some Christmas cookies of Polish Ethnic background from : Cruschchikis, Santa cookies etc.

After Holy Supper we clean up, get Ready and Go to Chruch.

Later after we come home from Church we put out the Christmas presents talk a little and then go to bed.

Christmas Day : Open up Christmas Presents, have the Pierogies, and Nutbread and if Possible my Favorite Smoked Bacon.

Two Days before Christmas we usually Go to the Polish Meat Market here in town where Everyone speaks in Polish except us though But we get the Traditional Polish Sausage which is Kielbasa, and a very Yummy Ham.

The Kielbasa is good some with Garlic, Old Stytle that our Ancestors used to make in Poland and of course the Christmas Kielbasa and the Wedding Style Kielbasa. I am glad to listen to them Speak Polisha in Which my Grandma always said to me I know your Happy to be an American but Always remember your Polish. So I do remember I am of Polish Background and Proud.

Well we have Kielbasa, Two Hams the Honey Baked ham, Polish Ham, yummy Cranberry Sauce , Nutbreads , some sort of Fruit Salad that my Eldest Neice makes, and other Dishes of Relish trays, Green Bean Casserole, Rolls and Butter and maybe Stuffing.

Some places have a CHristmas Goose but we have the Ham.

After the Christmas meal is done we have a Dessert in which I don't know what we are having this year. But sometimes we would have a Yule Log , the other times we would have a Deer Shaped Cake which was yummy. Sometimes we would have Fruit Cake.

Today when we picked up the Kielbasa , Crushchikis, I tasted a very Yummy Fruit cake with Cinnamon and spice it was yummy.

Dessert consists of Cakes, Polish coffee, Milk and whatever else we have. And yes we have Egg nog too.

I remember this always and it began when I was a little girl and It will be carried on for many years to come and Passed down throughout Generations.

I am proud of my Traditional Christmas Foods and also I am proud to share it with you all Here.

May Each of you have a Happy, Blessed, Safe, Joyful and a Wonderful Merry Christmas !
Old 12-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #3

thanks Lindabear that was great

so far you are the only contestent, and the only one for christmas ... thanks!

---------- lululillypadstar added 9 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

got to go for the night bye guys!

Last edited by lululillypadstar; 12-16-2007 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #4

that was really great! keep it comming guys!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #5

Ok since the contest ends today, and we had only to contestents~ those two are the winneres! ill pm you also and check on what you want

---------- lululillypadstar added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

where'd the other person go???

---------- lululillypadstar added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

okay the person that had that really great rouldouph story deleted it, (note post #5 is missing) so LINDABEAR is our only winner and ill let her pick three psf

Last edited by lululillypadstar; 12-27-2007 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost