In your Gift Registry, make a list of the items you are willing to give and a separate list of items you want. That way members can easily match up your needs to theirs. Make sure to give openly by accepting or declining offers IN YOUR THREAD, not through PM's. Update your "Haves" and "Wants" regularly so that you don't continue getting offers for items you no longer have or need. Step 4
Always post feedback once you've completed a gift exchange. Again, 50 positive feedbacks, 100 forum posts and a member for a month based off of first trade, will gain you GG status. At that point, you may trade privately with other GG's. You must still trade openly with non-GG's.
Please follow the rules and let's ALL enjoy the Exchange. Fair Gift Exchanges
To begin to make a fair exchange, it's important to know what category items fall into. We will soon begin building a listing of all WKW items and their value. Until then, we have the following. Review this information to familiarize yourself with item categories and terms. Item Categories 1. W Shop items
- anything that can be purchased in the W Shop 2. Exclusives
- Items that are given as adoption gifts but are not specific to any one pet. Note: Bonus adoption gifts can be regular Exclusive or Rare items. Receiving a rare item as a bonus adoption gift does not make it an exclusive or vice versa. A picture and info on all Exclusives can be found in the W Shop. 3. Super Exclusives
- Super Beds that come with your 10th adoption and every 5th adoption thereafter. 4. Pet Specific Items (PSI's)
- Items that only come with a specific pet upon adoption. Such as the Saint Bernard Fireplace, Poodle Vanity, Retriever Treadmill, etc. 5. Curio Shop Only Items (CSO's)
- Common items that can only be bought from the Curio Shop. These include a number of things such as items from the retired Country Theme, Loader Lounger, Chef's Hat & Shirt, Silver Sofa, etc. 6. Rare Items
- Items only occasionally available in the Curio Shop, or that can be received as bonus adoption gifts. Rare items include the Egyptian, Medieval, and Scientist theme, as well as individual items like the Golf Cart, Hot Air Balloon, and Humvee. 7. Retired Items
- Items that are no longer available through WKW. There are Webkinz Fans who still have these items, and if you're lucky, maybe you can exchange a gift for one. Retired Items include the Blue & White Webkinz Dragster, the Mauna Loa Lamp (Red Lava Lamp), the Witch's Hat, and many other items. What is a fair gift exchange?
This is a question everyone asks and something we're going to try and answer. 1.
A fair exchange is when two people exchange items of equal or similar value. Example:
I will give you my Poodle Vanity, will you give me your Hippo Tub? = Fair trade
Nope, I want your Egyptian Bed for the Tub. = Unfair! 2.
A fair exchange is when someone offers a higher value item and asks for a lower valued item that they really, really want. Example:
I really want a Bubble Blower. I'll give you a Posing Plant and a Jelly Cactus. = Fair
Really? If you want it you'll have to give me your Humvee. = Unfair! 3.
A fair exchange is when a someone offers I high valued item for an ordinarily lower valued item whose value has increased due its popularity, or scarcity. Example:
I'll give you my Medieval Bed, can I have your Clydesdale Fireplace? = Fair
I'll give my Toy Purse and Loader Lounger for your 1st Day Print = Unfair!
Only offer fair exchanges. We don't want members taking advantage of those who may not know the value of their items. If you see an unfair trade in someone's Gift Registry, grab a mod quick so we can help. Unfair gifting practices will NOT be tolerated. This forum is a community for people to come and enjoy - not to get ripped off by shady members. Is WI An Auction House? No.
Due to recent gifting practices that the staff deems as "unfair" or "unethical", new offering practices will take effect immediately. When a member updates their trade list, new offers are bound to come in for a variety of items.
While it was not a stated rule in the past, we are making it explicit, all offers must be entertained on a first come, first-served basis (in the order they are received).
In order to even the playing field and provide "fairer" trades, the following offering practices must be followed. Once a user has made an offer for an item
(whether they say "I want your Poodle Vanity, check my thread to see if I have anything you want" or they offer a specific item with "I want your Poodle Vanity, I'll give you my Hippo Tub"), all users MUST consider that item as taken.
You can still express your interest in the item, and say that you would love their "Poodle Vanity" if the trade doesn't work out, but you are NOT allowed to "outbid" the original offer.
If someone makes an offer on your thread and then logs off, you must allow them 6 hours to log back on and accept the transaction.
If you really, really want an item and know that you have to log off for a period of time that may be longer than 6 hours, let the person know when you make your offer.
It will be their choice whether or not they decide to wait for you to come back (we encourage it, but do not require it!). Again, until the offer is formally declined, you can only express your interest in an item and cannot offer better items or a "faster trade". Finally, if you see something not following the rules or going the wrong way, click the "red flag" below the person's name on the post that is breaking the rules. It's the best and quickest way to get one of the staff's attention and set things straight!
This is a Gift Exchange, and the staff sees the Exchange developing into an auction house, which does not follow the direction nor the vision that we had for the Gift Exchange.
We are taking this very seriously. If a user breaks this rule, they will be formally warned. If they break the rule again, their Gift Exchange privileges will be removed for one week. ##Post your agreement below to unlock the Gift Exchange## DO NOT AGREE UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE 50 POSTS AND HAVE BEEN A FORUM MEMBER FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS. IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 50 POSTS OR HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AND POST YOUR AGREEMENT, IT WILL BE REMOVED. PLEASE RESPOND ONLY ONCE, IF YOU RESPOND MULTIPLE TIMES, THEY WILL ALL BE DELETED!