Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
DeniseArrow

Question Best Advice Contest. Give me the best advice and win 1st place. All participants win something.

Best Advice Contest
Give me the best advice and win 1st place.
All participants win something.

I have a few ideas for contests but I have never done one before untill now so I’m hoping ya’ll can give me some good advice about how to host a great contest.

Here is how it works:
1) Basically all you have to do is tell me how to host a great contest.
2) Whoever gives me the most helpful advice wins.
3) There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners plus every participant who contributes something helpful wins something.
4) The contest will end Thursday, February 28th at 11pm KinzTime.
5) You can post as often as you like.
6) If I don’t understand your advice, I will post a request for clarification and alert you by sending you a PM. Please come back to the thread and answer my questions.
7) Please feel free to critique and criticize how I am hosting this contest in order to make my next contest better.
8} 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be notified with a PM. All other participants are responsible for PM-ing me with their WW username and prize preference or they won’t get their prize.
9) I have listed some concerns below. Please address as many of them as possible but do not limit your advice to only these concerns. There may be something I didn’t think of. That's what I have all of you for.

The Prizes:
1st place: Your choice of any 3 of these foods.
2nd place: Your choice of any 2 of these foods.
3rd place: Your choice of any 1 of these foods.

Winners' food choices:
:cs: Cocker Spaniel’s Beef Flavored Gum Drops
:gr: Golden Retriever’s Marzipan Bone
:goo: Googles’ Googles Noodles
:luvfrog: Love Frog’s Candied Rose Petals
:wt: White Terrier’s Crispy Bone Scones
Any recipe from the WI cookbook (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/cookbook.html)
Any W-shop food item

Participants’ food choices:
Any W-shop food item that costs 20 KC or less
Any recipe from the WI cookbook (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/cookbook.html) for which the three ingredients all together do not cost more than 20 KC.

My Concerns:
1) Do the prizes matter very much or is just winning the fun of it?
2) Do people like quick easy ones where often times one of the first 5 people to guess wins?
3) Or do people prefer harder contests where it takes a while for anyone to get the answer?
4a) Or are the favorite contests the kind where everyone enters a room/story/avatar or some such by a deadline and then the host judges and picks his/her favorites to win?
4b) If there is a contest like the one described in 4a, then do people like it to be very open ended like "Best Room" (any size, indoor or out, no theme, no guidelines) or would they rather have some guidelines like "Best Room that reflects your personality" (which would also require you to describe your personality)?
5) How many times should a person be allowed to enter or guess?
6) How strict should the contest host be in enforcing the rules s/he has stated?
7) Do people like it when the host just says, I'll pick my favorite? Or do they prefer an explanation as to what criteria will be used to judge the contest?

And now for my long winded concern:
8}When is the best time for a contest?
--If it's quick and short, I assume that evenings are best. But you tell me.
--If it's going to take a few days or maybe a whole week, then when should the contest begin? For example, it could start at the beginning of the weekend and then end on Friday. Right at the beginning you would have the whole weekend to work on it but then if you didn't get the right answer yet you'd still be working on it during the week. Or if it starts on Sunday evening and ends the next Sunday evening, you might not get to work on it till the next weekend and by then someone else may have solved it. Maybe something in between would be better. Start in the middle of the weekend and end in the middle of the next weekend, or start in the middle of the week and end in the middle of the next week. You tell me. What do you think people would like if they were doing a contest that was going to run for a whole week?

Good Luck, May the Best WebkinzInsider Win
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
MissAnimalLover
Webkinz :)

MissAnimalGirl is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Best Advice Contest. Give me the best advice and win 1st place. All participants win something.

well i think your doing good know!
when you hold a contest you need to be clear and have rules so there is not so many questions. i like the harder contests but with those come more rules. hope this helps!
MissAnimalGirl is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
PrincessJulieLynn
Gifted

JulieLynn is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Best Advice Contest. Give me the best advice and win 1st place. All participants win something.

1) Do the prizes matter very much or is just winning the fun of it? Well for me, both. I am trying to collect all the PSF's so it's a nice way to get some more of them.
2) Do people like quick easy ones where often times one of the first 5 people to guess wins? The quick easy ones aren't as fun as the room contests, the stories ect because you don't look at other peoples entries... but again the guessing contests are a good way for people to get more PSF's for their collection.
3) Or do people prefer harder contests where it takes a while for anyone to get the answer? I don't like "hard" contests... riddles or long stories or poems or anything that takes too much thinking takes the fun out of Webkinz for me. The room contests or fashion contests where it is more their opinion is easier and more fun to enter.
4a) Or are the favorite contests the kind where everyone enters a room/story/avatar or some such by a deadline and then the host judges and picks his/her favorites to win? Yes Those are my favorite. The room and outfit or top model contests are my favorite.
4b) If there is a contest like the one described in 4a, then do people like it to be very open ended like "Best Room" (any size, indoor or out, no theme, no guidelines) or would they rather have some guidelines like "Best Room that reflects your personality" (which would also require you to describe your personality)? I think the themed ones are better. If it is open ended you'll either get a bunch of random rooms or everyone will be overwhelmed and not enter at all lol. I saw someone doing spring yards, that's a nice idea. Just bedrooms is a good one too. If you need inspiration for a new room in your house go with that. (Kitchen, bathroom, spa, ect.)
5) How many times should a person be allowed to enter or guess? I don't care so much about the guessing but for room contests, fashion contests ect where other people actually look at other member's entries I think the more entries the better Maybe 3 would be good so nobody goes overboard. I love to see what everyone else is doing.
6) How strict should the contest host be in enforcing the rules s/he has stated? Stick to the rules!!
7) Do people like it when the host just says, I'll pick my favorite? Or do they prefer an explanation as to what criteria will be used to judge the contest? Yes, I like to hear other peoples opinions!! I'm not sure what criteria people would be judging by if it wasn't just their opinion..

Here's an extra piece of advice. Don't make your post too long or people won't read it all.

Lastly, if you say you're going to send a prize, add the winners and send it right after the contest ends so you don't have people asking where it is.

Last edited by JulieLynn; 02-25-2008 at 12:54 PM..
Old 02-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
xoxotoria509xoxo

wierdox373 is an unknown quantity at this point

fist i liek to say that people enoy contest that have good prizes and are quick and short so they can win faster. some fav contest in my opinion are the best room contest and the modeling webkinz . each person she only allowed to enter once or twice depending on the contest. you should always stae your rules so if that way something goes wrong the person agreed to follow them . make the rules cover almost anything that u think is important. in my contest i always give sort of a rubric on what theyneed in it to win and send your prize when the contest is over and U have decudd a winner
Old 02-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
Gifted

pinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud ofpinkjumpingbean135 has much to be proud of

DeniseArrow is having Computer Problems
She has not abandoned this Contest but can't read it or post to it at this time.
She will make good on the Prizes once she can get back on to WI.
Please PM her your WW ID so that when she can get on, she can send out the prizes.
pinkjumpingbean135 is offline Female
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Pinksunset62 is on a distinguished road

Denise is still having some problems with her account here so she has asked me to post the results.

These are the winners. Congratulations!

1st Place: JulieLynn
2nd Place: Wierdox373
3rd Place: MissAnimalGirl

She knows the WW usernames for the first two but she needs MissAnimalGirl's username.
She says that the easiest thing to do is just post your WW usernames but if you are private then just PM me and I'll pass it on to her.
She would like you to add her as a friend. Her WW ID is IvyCinco.

Here is what else she told me.
Quote:
I need to know what prizes they want. The prize choices are listed in the first post of the contest thread.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
PrincessJulieLynn
Gifted

JulieLynn is on a distinguished road

Hi I'd like the :cs: :goo: and the :luvfrog: psf's please Thank you! Good luck with your future contests!

My WW ID is PrincessJulieLynn. TYSM!
Closed