Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #81
Lions and Tigers and
Webkinz :)

Lissyla12 is a jewel in the roughLissyla12 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • All Spots are Filled, But You Can Read Along! ○

neato! <3
Lissyla12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #82
Call me Mooney! =D

Dolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • All Spots are Filled, But You Can Read Along! ○

Okiely-dokiely--

my story shall be in tomorrow night!!!

~DL (or, Heather Sparrow)

P.S.; It WILL be over fifty words. xD
Dolphin Lover12 is offline Female
Old 10-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #83

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, from you, Heather? I wouldn't be surprised; I know your writing. xD
Old 10-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #84
Call me Mooney! =D

Dolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of light

*thinks a moment*

Call me Sparrow!

Ha, that sounds soo sweet!

Okay, okay--

LOL, yeah, what can I say, I ♥ to write. xD

~Sparrow
Old 10-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #85

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Okie dokie, Sparrow!

(Call me Cheryl, 'cause Faer, come to think of it, is just fear with the a and e flipped. I didn't notice that when I first made the name, but I still like it. xD)
Old 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #86
Lions and Tigers and

Isn't the deadline behind us? Do we have all the entries?

---------- Lissyla12 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

Monday was the 27th. Oh yeah, could you maybe post who has entered pics? I really want to get started!

Last edited by Lissyla12; 10-28-2008 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #87
Call me Mooney! =D

Sorry, sorry, here's my story!

The Bow

A Short Story by Heather Sparrow

A boy walked calmly through the forest, his breath curling about him in white puffs. He sighed, “Common, can’t we go back inside? Nothing’s out here--!”

The fifteen-year-old-girl who walked beside him snorted. “You know there is!” She cried, whipping around to face him. Her dark green eyes glinted in anger. “You know there is!”

“But—“

“Enough of this fighting!” A older man snapped. He was walking behind the two; he looked a little older than the age of thirty-five.

“Sorry, Lajos,” The boy sighed and glared at Jazmyn.

“You’d better be, Pepin.” Lajos snapped, rolling his eyes. “That Coin of your senses a magical item, no?”

“Yes…” Pepin put a hand that was white with cold into his pocket. Seconds later, he pulled out a golden coin. On one side was a picture of an old wizard with a long beard; he held a wooden wand and had robes that hid his feet. One the other side was a picture of a lion, his fangs bared, his maw open in a silent roar. Both pictures were excellently colored—the lion was a warm yellow color, the wizard’s beard was snow white, his robes a dark emerald green. Surprisingly, the wizard was glowing a bright blue color—Pepin sighed. “We must be getting closer; it only burns as bright as that when it it’s near a magical item, you know.” He blinked his bright blue eyes, at the same time pushing a strand of black-as-pitch hair from his face.

“Good,” Lajos grunted, grinning. “Wonder what it is this time…?” He started to walk once more.

“Knowing the Coin,” Jazmyn chirped, bounding after him—her brown braid swung about her wildly—“It’s got to be something good!”

Pepin just nodded in agreement as the trio walked on. Their leather boots made hardly a sound on the snow, their thick brown coats barely kept out the biting cold. Pepin shivered and moaned silently, he hated winter. “We nearly there yet?” Jazmyn was impatient as ever as Pepin heard her speak again.

He pulled the coin from his pocket once more. It was glowing ever brighter, so bright that he had to shut his eyes. “Yeah, I think so,” He shoved the coin in his pocket. “We’re right on top of it.” He knelt down, searching, shivering with cold. The others knelt with him, digging with frozen hands for the item.

And then he saw it. An emerald studded bow lay before him, half buried in the snow. “Wow,” He breathed. He reached out to grab it, then pulled his hand away. “Should I just take it…?” he asked, looking up at Jazmyn and Lajos.

“I would!” The girl cried, standing. She was shuddering horribly in her blue dress; her teeth chattered.

“I don’t know…” Lajos mumbled. He pushed back his fur-lined hood and ran his fingers through his gray red hair. “It must be enchanted—for the Coin to have lead us to it, that is.”

“But what knid of enchantment?” Jazmyn twittered, her eye wide.

“I don’t know.” Pepin finally spoke again. “But I’m about to find out!” He reached out his fingers and grazed them on the largest emerald. Suddenly, the weapon glowed bright, bright yellow. Jazmyn screamed—Lajos’ eyes widened and he stumbled back—the light enveloped Pepin—and then, the light died.

“PEPIN!” Jazmyn squealed. She looked around hurriedly for him. He wasn’t in the spot he’d just been in two seconds ago, but—

“ARGH, GET OFF OF ME!”

“Sorry, sorry.” Pepin had ended up several feet in the air above Lajos, and now had fallen to sit on the man’s chest and pin him to the ground. “Guess we know what this stupid thing does now.” He crawled off and sighed.

“Pepin!” Jazmyn sighed in relief. “What an odd power—it makes you appear some where?”

Pepin scrambled to his feet and looked around for a moment. “Yes, about five feet away and 10 feet above from the spot you were in.” He had dropped the bow and now it lay next to Lajos. “On contact, too. How’re going to get it home?!”

The man sat up and sighed, wearily eyeing the bow. “We’ll have to get it home some how…”

Jazmyn shrugged. “I for one have no clue how to.”

“You never have a clue—“

“HEY!”

“ENOUGH WITT THE ARGUING!” Lajos roared, his face turning purple.

The fifteen-year-olds shrank back, trembling in fear. “Sorry,” They mumbled.

Lajos sighed. “Come on, let’s get going.” He stood.

Pepin nodded in agreement, and was about to say something that would annoy Jazmyn, but he instead inhaled sharply. Standing behind the burly man was a tall, crimson-cloaked figure, along with several other smaller crimson-cloaked figures. “LAJOS! WATCH OUT!” Pepin shouted. But that was the last thing he could shout, for suddenly everything went black for him.

“PEPIN!” Jazmyn spun around just in time to see some one hit Pepin over the head with something. Another cloaked figure! “Stay away from me--!” She was suddenly unconscious, something hitting her over the head as well.

Lajos spun around to face the other cloaked figures. He sighed, “Alright, go ahead…” He bowed his head, and in seconds was on the ground, sprawled out and out cold.

Jazmyn was the first to come-to a few hours later. Her eyes flickered open and she found herself staring at the clouds. “Where am I…?” She whispered, sitting bolt up. She, Pepin, and Lajos were all still in the woods; the back of her head was throbbing. She moaned and pulled herself into a kneeling position. “Pepin! Lajos!” She cried, rubbing the back of her head.

Pepin moaned and lifted his head slightly. “What happened?!”

Lajos sat up swiftly—in seconds he was on his feet. “They stole it.”

“They stole the bow?”

“Yes…”

Pepin paused as he sat up. “Is that such a bad thing…?”

“Yes, because who knows what we could’ve done with that thing!”

“Find different ways to travel five feet in less than a second?” Jazmyn chirped.

There was a brief silence.

“So…what do we do now?” Asked Pepin.

“We’re going to go get it.” Lajos smiled grimly.

“WHAT?!” The two fifteen-year-olds cried.

“I’ve seen before the capes those men were wearing—they work for the King. We have to go to the king and steal the bow back.”

“So you’re saying we’re going to steal from the king?” Pepin gawked at him.

“Yes…”

“I’m in!” A grin spread on the boy’s face.

Jazmyn hesitated a moment. “Might as well…count me it.” She sighed.

“Then let’s go!” With a booming laugh Lajos was off, into the forest. The two children followed, exchanging glances.

“This should be interesting, no?” Jazmyn whispered.

“Very interesting,” Pepin’s grin grew larger.

{It has 1,135 words}

Old 10-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #88

cutiebug343 defies all odds
cutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all odds

Fauna Gevelheimer stared at the emerald-studded bow which lay before her in the stiff snow, a trembling hand stretched out to grab it. She looked up at his/her companions for support.
"Should I take it?" the fifteen-year-old asked.
"I wouldn't," advised a man, who looked in his early thirties. His hair was short and dirty-blonde, but an edge of grey was hinted at the tips. "There's something...mysterious about it. Maybe the warriors from before put an enchantment on it."
"What kind of enchantment?" That was a teenager about Fauna's age, female, with dark brown hair pulled into a perfect braid to her waist.
"Something undescribable."
The girl grimaced.
Without any help given, as Fauna found it, she grasped her hand around the bow, and suddenly the weapon was illuminated by a lemon yellow glow. Before anyone had a chance to blink, the bow and Fauna disappeared.
cutiebug343 is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #89
Call me Padfoot

Born2Surf is a name known to allBorn2Surf is a name known to allBorn2Surf is a name known to all

I stared at the emerald-studded bow which lay before me in the stiff snow, a trembling hand stretched out to grab it. I looked up at my companions for support.
"Should I take it?" my voice shook as I asked.
"I wouldn't Cherin," advised my dad, who looked in his early thirties. His hair was short and dirty-blonde, but an edge of grey was hinted at the tips. "There's something...mysterious about it. Maybe the warriors from before put an enchantment on it."

Donald Geen, my best friend of fifteen nodded, "It looks too much like some old fantasy book."
"What kind of enchantment?" Karen Lee asked, a teenager about my age, female, with black, short hair landing around her shoulders.
"Something undescribable," Matthew Larson, or my dad added.
I grimaced.
Without any help given, as I found it, I grasped my hand around the bow, and suddenly the weapon was illuminated by a lemon yellow glow. Before anyone had a chance to blink, the bow and I disappeared.

..::◘::..

I woke up, staring at the blue-sloudless sky. I sat up, expecting the snow to lay under my hand but instead, there was warm green grass. I looked around, "Wowee!"
"Tell me about it!" came a voice. I screamed, so calm Cherin.
"Woah, hello to you too!" a gboy said stepping out of the forest. His eyes were a dreamy amber and his skin was a plae green.
"Um... you're a nymph?"
"And you're rude!" he snapped at me.
I stood up and glared, "You would be too if you just found something like you."
He studied me over and I felt my knees bop around a bit, "Well, what are you? You're skin looks like snow, you're hair is brown and red and...." his voice croaked, "You have the bow!" he gasped.
I looked down at my porcleain like hand and he was right. In my hand was an emerald-studded bow.
"Yes, and if you're a smart little chicky," came another voice, "You'll cooperate and come with me."
"I don't think so," I hissed, gripping it harder. The sahpe was another boy, tall, white blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes.
"My dad needs it."
"That would be William, King Marcus's son."
"By the tone of your voice, something says he's evil and I should run."
"Would be smart," chimed in the nymph as I took off.

(Yes, very short.....)
Born2Surf is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #90
Lions and Tigers and

2 more people, right Cheryl? When is the deadline?
Closed