Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #51
Yo mama's a
Webkinz :)

Lydiebug24 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • All Spots are Filled, But You Can Read Along! ○

The emerald bow

Maria stared at the emerald-studded bow which lay before her in the stiff snow, a trembling hand stretched out to grab it. She looked up at her companions for support.
"Should I take it?" the fifteen-year-old asked.
"I wouldn't," advised a man, who looked in his early thirties. His hair was short and dirty-blonde, but an edge of grey was hinted at the tips. "There's something...mysterious about it. Maybe the warriors from before put an enchantment on it."
"What kind of enchantment?" That was a teenager about Maria's age, female, with dark brown hair pulled into a perfect braid to her waist.
"Something indescribable,"
The girl grimaced.
Without any help given, as Maria found it, she grasped her hand around the bow, and suddenly the weapon was illuminated by a lemon yellow glow. Before anyone had a chance to blink, the bow and Maria disappeared.

Maria gasped for air as she found herself in some strange, red, dry land. She looked from side to side for her friends. Her blonde hair gleamed in the sun. She heard a noise. There it was again. “Oh no,” Maria said. Then she noticed a bush, strange for this desert. The bush was rustling, like something was inside t, something very large.

“What happened?” Said the girl, Haley. “I’m just as confused as you are.” Admitted the man, Timothy. “Well, I remember going on a search for the warrior’s lost land, but all we found was some bow.” Said Haley, Timothy continued “Oh yes, I thought it had an enchantment on it. I was unfortunately right.” “OH!” Said Haley, “Maria picked it up didn’t she? Then all I remember was lying here on the ground with my braid in a buhs. What time is it?” Timothy answered, “Five, two hours after we found that blasted, green-diamond-studded thing!” “They were emeralds.” Corrected a voice from behind them. The two turned around to see a shining light, it nearly blinded them. Then the outline of a women, hair of gold, curly as well, eyes, gold also. “I was particularly fond of that bow. It’s a shame that that girl had to go and touch it without disarming the taboo. Now she’s millions of miles away in Fariamen.” The women said.

Maria’s blue eyes looked up to see a large dragon in front of her. His scales were as sharp as daggers, and his teeth, Maria hoped not to find out. The dragon got very close to Maria, inspecting her. His breath smelled of beef, pork, and maybe even a little chicken. “She’s a liver.” Said the dragon in a high-pitched voice, “Oh, yeah, welcome to Fariamen. I’m Henry, your tour guide.” Said the dragon in a sad voice. Before she new it Maria was on a very well padded saddle on the dragon’s back. The dragon took off. Maria was still in shock, “’Fariamen’? The land of the lost warriors? I have got to be on ‘Punk’d’. Their special effects have gotten better.” This was Maria. Now it was the dragon’s turn. “’Punk’d’? What the heck is Punk’d? You’re American aren’t you? You’ve probably seen poor lizards in cages, and yet had no objection! I refuse to fly someone who doesn’t respect my cousin’s, small maybe, but you’re off!” Henry dropped her off the saddle.

“It was actually my father’s bow, the same bow he found my mother holding. It had always been special to him, and me. Now come on, you helped her take that bow away to Fariamen, you’re coming with me to get it back.” The women said. She put her hands on the two’s shoulders and suddenly they were in a desert. They looked at the bush. “Oh, I hope Henry isn’t in that bush. That’s his office, and if he hears us…. Let’s just say Henry has been known for randomly dropping people.” Something silver and green was glistening on the ground, the women spotted it. “There it is!” She picked it up and walked away.

“Um, Uncle Tim, what just happened?” Haley asked, staring at Timothy. “That, Haley, I’m not sure, but I do know we have to find your sister, Maria.” Answered Timothy. “What if ‘Henry’ got her? She could be anywhere! Let’s hope Henry hasn’t dropped her yet.” Just then a dragon flew back into the bush. “I’m closed,” said the dragon, “Due to the fact that Americans stink.” “Are you ‘Henry’?” Asked Timothy, “Did you drop a blonde girl, blue eyes, about 5 6’?” “If you want her, I didn’t drop her far. Just get her out of Fariamen.” Henry replied. S o they set off.

Maria appeared to them almost instantly, her blonde hair was ruffled and wet. “Come on! Hurry! Hurry! You’ve got to see this!” She said suddenly. Haley and Timothy were tired so they didn’t ask questions. “We’re in Fariamen,” Maria explained, “Land of warriors and dragons!” Maria ran East, “Hurry up, we’ve got till the sun sets!”

Shortly they arrived in a small hut, they entered. Maria touched her forehead with her index finger and said “Halluney.” The others mimicked. “Sir, this is Haley and Timothy, my friends. They probably have a lot of questions that I can’t answer so could you kindly answer for me?” “Of course, young Maria.” Said the man, sitting on a pile of emeralds. “We are in Fariamen, land of warriors and d ragons. I soppose my daughter brought you here?” He said gesturing to the women with curly blonde hair. “She was particularly fond of my bow.” The sun touched the horizon. The man on emeralds gasped. “Okay, I’ve got to say this fast.” So he unraveled a story of the warriors, and how they lost a war a nd retreated to here. How they put taboos on all of their weapons. How after they lost the war everyone went crazy looking for them. Then most importantly he said that if anyone who had touched the warrior’s emeralds would be only allowed to visit separate dimensions once a year, unless they got back before the sun was gone. The sun slowly started to sink. As the last sliver started fading he touched them each with his left foot and shouted “Horhey!”

Timothy and Haley got comfortable on their couch and began to listen to Maria. “So, after Henry dropped me a fell into a lake, or so I thought, I landed in Halluney’s, that’s the guy’s name, swimming pool. He kindly welcome me after finding out his daughter had caused my coming there, she never took good care of that tabooed bow and left it in other dimensions. He has magic, so that’s how we got home, but we can never go back.” Haley lifted an ice bag onto her head and sighed. “Sorry,” Haley apologized for interrupting, “That light that came out of that dude’s foot made my head hurt.” “It was bright.” Tim agreed. “Anyways,” Haley continued, “He gave us some none-tabooed emeralds as apology, so we can finally get out of this apartment and stop looking for artifacts for money.” “It’s kind of like a fairy tale,” said Haley, “At least this one has a happy ending.”

The End

I know, it's pretty long! Enjoy!
Lydiebug24 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #52
Call me Mooney! =D

Dolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • All Spots are Filled, But You Can Read Along! ○

COol, Lydie!

I'm getting started on my entry--very cool idea, for the prompt, FP!

~DL♥
Dolphin Lover12 is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #53

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Great entry, Lydie!

Thanks, DL!

♫ ♪ Cherio ♪ ♫
Old 10-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #54
Yo mama's a

Lydiebug24 has a spectacular aura about

I donno, I wish I had added something funny to it. Is it okay if I edit my story before the poll?
Lydiebug24 is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #55

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Sure, as long as you do it before the final entry gets in, I don't mind edits.

♫ ♪ Cheryl Faer ♪ ♫

P.S.: (this is Cherio) *writes on paper with ink that emerges from claw "The pencil is still dashing after DL..."* I like writing about this!

xD
Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #56
Jacob Black ♥'s
Banned
zoeychloe101 has a spectacular aura aboutzoeychloe101 has a spectacular aura about

Writing Name: Alex Russo- Marie ( Al- ix Ru- so mar- ee )

WW Username: zoeychloe101
Finished Stories Written (if any): yes
Stories in Progress (if any): chapter book ( hopefully )
Favorite Genre: fansty, mystery
Easiest Genre to Write: medium size
Anything Else I Should Know?: nope but i LOVE to write stories!
zoeychloe101 is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #57

Zoey, I'm so sorry, but we ran out of positions last night! I'm sorry! But I think I'll be holding a second one sometime, if you'll still be interested.

♫ ♪ Cheryl Faer ♪ ♫
Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #58
Jacob Black ♥'s
Banned
zoeychloe101 has a spectacular aura aboutzoeychloe101 has a spectacular aura about

Maria stared at the emerald-studded bow which lay before him/her in the stiff snow, a trembling hand stretched out to grab it. She looked up at his/her companions for support.
"Should I take it?" the Maria asked.
"I wouldn't," advised a man, who looked in his early thirties. His hair was short and dirty-blonde, but an edge of grey was hinted at the tips. "There's something...mysterious about it. Maybe the warriors from before put an enchantment on it."
"What kind of enchantment?" That was a teenager about Maria's age, female, with dark brown hair pulled into a perfect braid to her waist.
"Something undescribable."
The girl grimaced.
Without any help given, as Maria found it, she grasped his/her hand around the bow, and suddenly the weapon was illuminated by a lemon yellow glow. Before anyone had a chance to blink, the bow and Maria disappeared.

Before Maria looked up to see where she was, she was lying on the floor. When she looked up before her was the emerald studded bow. "Wow!" Maria said. Suddenly the man was with her. Welcome to the World that the emerald studded bow will take you with the enchantment.

To be continued....................

Hope you liked it!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- zoeychloe101 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

oh ok............................................................................

Last edited by zoeychloe101; 10-14-2008 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #59

But like I said, hopefully you can make it in to the next one I hold!

♫ ♪ Cheryl Faer ♪ ♫
Old 10-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #60
Jacob Black ♥'s
Banned

okey dokey but do you still like it/
Closed