Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #121
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • All Spots are Filled, But You Can Read Along! ○

sounds intriguing I'll think of something
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #122
Lions and Tigers and
Webkinz :)

Lissyla12 is a jewel in the roughLissyla12 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • All Spots are Filled, But You Can Read Along! ○

I have a question, Cheryl. Can I use something I've already written?
Lissyla12 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #123

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Sure, Elsie!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #124
Lions and Tigers and

Lissyla12 is a jewel in the roughLissyla12 is a jewel in the rough

Actually, I'll just write somethin' new! Here ya go...

Miracle on a Mountain
By Elsie

Jolly Jim's Gem Mine. I read the battered old sign as we pulled into the parking lot of the rundown tourist attraction. It looked as if it had seen better days. There was only one other car in sight; a rusted old pick-up truck with peeling green paint and a tree-shaped air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror. I hopped out of the car and landed with a crunch in the gravel lot. The mountain air was cold, and I zipped up my tattered jacket. We had been driving around in the mountains for hours, my parents trying desperately to find their way back to civilization. We had been visiting the family accountant on the other side of the mountain range, in the large town that lay in the valley. Things had not been looking good, what with our dropping stocks and dwindling savings. After all, we didn’t have much money to begin with. My mother and father had been searching frantically for an answer to the financial doom we faced. In my opinion, we needed a miracle. And the accountant had seemed to agree with me.
My mother led us to the wooden door of the main building. She knocked. It soon creaked open to reveal a wrinkled old man in a plaid flannel shirt. But he was no Paul Bunyan. He looked as if he could use some sunlight, judging by his pale face, and he moved carefully and purposefully, as if each step was a struggle.
“Can I help ya’ll?” The man smiled weakly. “You lookin’ to do some gem mining? We got loads of bins of rocks left over. We’re about to close down for the winter.” My father pulled a crinkled map out of his pocket.
“Actually, we were hoping you could tell us how to get back to Tillsfield,” he said. The old man nodded slowly.
“Sure, sure,” he answered. “But it might take a while. My eyes aren’t too sharp, and I lost my glasses this mornin’. Perhaps the young lady’d like to do a little minin’ whilst I fix you folks up with directions?” I shrugged.
“Sure,” my mom said. The man disappeared into the building and came back with a bucket of sandy, crumbly rocks and what looked like a kitchen strainer.
“All you gotta do is pour these here rocks through this sifter, and run some of that there water over it, and see if you can find any Garnet, or maybe even Amethyst. We’re real popular with the young’ns during the summer. Everyone wants to have a go at findin’ some real treasure! That’ll be 10 dollars, please.” I thanked him, and my mom hesitantly handed him a bill, and followed dad into the building with him. I went over to the spigot he had mentioned before and started sifting through the rocks, rinsing them off as the smaller ones passed through the holes of the strainer. I was a little disappointed, as all the rocks appeared to be granite and quartz. So much for treasure. But then, all of a sudden, a big chunk of dirt-covered rock stuck in the strainer. As the water washed over it, a brilliant purple color was revealed. I stopped cold. Could it be…amethyst? I grabbed it and ran over to the building, turned the knob, and burst into the little room, where the old man was bent over a desk, studying Dad’s map.
“Look!” I held out the gem.
“By golly,” the man squinted at it. “Bring that over here, young’n.” I did.
“I do believe you’ve just found yourself an Amethyst!” He shook his head, astonished. “That hasn’t happened all season! You’ll be able to bring in some big bucks for that’n.” I beamed. My parents stared. The old man went back to the map. Soon he had shown my parents the route back home, and we were driving away down the road. He waved to us as we sped away. I waved back. My gaze fell on the sign. Jolly Jim’s Gem Mine. I smiled to myself and watched the waving old man, presumably Jim, shrink and then disappear as we swerved around a bend. My mom had turned on the radio, and her and Dad were sitting up straighter, smiling, and looking happier than they had in weeks. I looked down at the chunk of rock in my hands. I knew that today, we had truly been given a miracle. Even if it came in the form of a rundown, cold, empty old tourist attraction. Even if it was a dirty old piece of rock. I guess the most valuable gifts sometimes come in the most unexpected packages.

By the way... I don't know if any of you have ever been to a gem mine like this, but there are loads of them around where I live. And many of them are a lot like Jolly Jim's!

Last edited by smitchell; 11-13-2008 at 09:47 PM..
Lissyla12 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #125
Call me Padfoot

Born2Surf is a name known to allBorn2Surf is a name known to allBorn2Surf is a name known to all

Spoiler for my entry!

Spoiler: show
Lauren Montgomery has always had an insane life. Her parents died when she was a baby, leaving her with her nutcase cousins. Like a modern day Cinderella, she's more of a slave who lives in the attic. She has gifts and thign sthat no one can explain such as the fact she's always warm and can wear bermudas and a tank in negative wather adn be fine. Also he birthmark is the most unique: a green dragon. As if her life couldn';t get worse, it gets better. A new boy named Jonathan Sanders comes to her highschool. He's a junior and odly enough, is bold enough to stand against the people who have been making her life miserable. When thigns seem to be going great, it's topsy-turvy when she discovers John is Morgan and Morgan is a wizard and neither of them belon gon earth. Soon it becomes a jounrey to discover who Lauren really is and that she had more power than anyone relized. Everyone begins to doubt Lauren is even ready for this when she's challenged by here greatest foe: the Dark Wizard. Now it's Lauren against it and is she even ready?

Moo-Cow: An inspiring and magical story

Taylor Cullen: Katherine Calypso at her best!

Born2Surf is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #126
Call me Mooney! =D

Dolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of light

Blech.

I hate freestyle.

xD

Oooh, I know what I can do!

Chapta uno of my latest 'book' that I'm working on!

My entry shallith be in soonish!
Dolphin Lover12 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #127

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Elsie, as soon as I find enough time to read, I'll do so.

Oooh -- from "To Rob a Princess", your Zanzi series, or... ?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #128
Call me Mooney! =D

Dolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of light

New series, actually! I don't have a title for the series yet, but here's the titles of the books;

First Book; The Book
Second Book; The Ink
Third Book; The Pen
Fourth Book;--well, don't really have it planned that far ahead yet.

I know, I know, the titles are pretty general. But if you knew why I called them that, you'd understand!

(If you're extremely curious, PM me!)
Dolphin Lover12 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #129

Oh, that one!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #130

Nightowl is a name known to allNightowl is a name known to allNightowl is a name known to all

The bell had gone, and the school was empty of students. Except for three girls, who hesitantly entered the darkened library.
“I feel like a criminal.” Melanie said, as she shut the door behind her. The trio was enveloped in blackness.
“Me too. Where’s the light switch?” Serena replied, as she fumbled along the wall.
“On the other side of the door.” The room was suddenly bathed in pale light. Kaitlyn blinked a few times while her eyes adjusted to the brightness.
“We better start looking.” Tentatively, Kaitlyn stepped into the small corner, the only one where the light didn’t reach. The lopsided sign fell off the shelf as she passed. It clanged loudly on the tile. She cringed, and carefully returned it to its place. The two other followed her into the small section. Melanie saw a small plaque on a far corner of a shelf.
“Guys!” she hissed, trying not to be too loud. “Look!” she pointed to the shelf. The little red plate read, in looping, curly letters, Magic. There were only three books, two pitifully thin, and one thicker than most books. Each girl grabbed a book, and stepped over to one of the reading tables. Melanie opened the small book first. She skimmed the table of contents, which quickly showed her that the book was about potions and the like. She snapped it shut.
“Nothing there.” she returned it to the shelf. Kaitlyn, in the meantime, had opened hers. It really was more of a pamphlet than a book.
“Spells…” she muttered as she flipped through it. “Powers… Magical items… wait,” she flipped back a few pages to the small blurb on powers. Serena started to read. And her eyes widened as she did.

(There you go...)
Nightowl is offline Female
Closed