Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Contests & Click-to-Wins > Members - Food

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Default ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • All Spots are Filled, But You Can Read Along! ○

~ The Author's Criterion ~

This is a contest where writers can come and compete with their words! I will give a topic (this could be freestyle!) -- or a scenario to finish -- and the contestants will have to write up something by the deadline I give them. Then, a poll will be set up with links to each entry, and the options will be for who could have the most improved in their work. The author with the most votes will (unfortunately) be "sent home".

3rd Place gets 1 PSF of choice!
2nd Place gets 2 PSFs of choice!
1st Place gets 3 PSFs of choice!
(I may not have all of your choices, so there is the chance I'll ask you to pick something different.)

You'll learn later on that I have a big pet peeve over rules -- so I hope y'all follow them! I am coloring them vividly so it's hopefully likely you'll read them.

~ RULES ~
  • I want entries to be at least 50 words long (unlimited words then on) -- if you can't reach this goal, and you really want to be in this contest, I will consider a smaller target.
  • No fighting outside of your entries, please!
  • As long as you stay tactful (not "Gosh, that was horrible!", but "I think you could've done better.", for ex.), I will allow you to comment other contestant's work. If we can't work this out, making comments to other people's work will be prohibited.
  • Make sure your writing is appropriate -- no romance other than crushes, kidnapping, killing, etc. Stick to the Creative Writing rules, in other words.
  • Let's try and call each other by our Writing Names -- I won't go hunting after you if you don't, but I (and Elsie) thought it'd be a nice thing to try out. (See below)
  • Have fun!
OK, guys, your next topic is...

FREESTYLE!!

Write about anything in any genre! But you still have the two-week limit.

All I ask (other than keeping this appropriate) is this round be ready for three-day voting by: Monday November 23rd, at 2:59 A.M. KT time.

I understand that topic-decisions can be hard. If you can't think of anything, you can come to me for suggestions, if you wish.

Cheryl Faer

Contestants:
1 ~ Crystal Feather (Nightowl)

2 ~ Elsie Mahu (Lissyla12)

3 ~ Perry (kinzdreamer)

4 ~ Heather Sparrow (Dolphin Lover12)

5 ~ Katherine Calypso (Born2Surf)

6 ~ Serena DeBlande` (cutiebug343)

7 ~ Lydiebug42

8 ~ Atlantic Ocean (OceanBluue)

♫ ♪ Cherio ♪ ♫

P.S.: In case you're wondering, my writing name is Cheryl Faer.

Last edited by FairwayPup; 11-09-2008 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: new topic added
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
T0MMY! xD
Gifted

sp0ngeb0br0cksny is just really nicesp0ngeb0br0cksny is just really nice

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 8 ○

Writing Name: Daniel Parker (I know, random. xD)

WW Username: yankees0213
Finished Stories Written (if any): No.
Stories in Progress (if any): Short Story
Favorite Genre: Realistic Fiction, Fantasy Fiction
Easiest Genre to Write: Short Stories
Anything Else I Should Know?: Depending on how much I get 'in' to the story, I might write A TON.
sp0ngeb0br0cksny is offline Male
Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #3

FairwayPup is a glorious beacon of lightFairwayPup is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 8 ○

Thank you for joining! I will add you to the front page.

I see that you like to write short stories....Do you think you can do 50 words, or do I need to shorten it to, say, 35 words?

♫ ♪ Cherio ♪ ♫
Old 10-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Lions and Tigers and

Lissyla12 is a jewel in the roughLissyla12 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 7 ○

Writing Name: Elsie Mahu (ELL-see MAY-hue)
WW Username: Lissyla11
Finished Stories Written (if any): Short (The Golden Rule), chaptered (Shir Story), short (The Curse of the Lavender Leotards)
Stories in Progress (if any): A TON of novels started, but one, presently referred to as Eavesdropper, currently has 15,000 words.

Favorite Genre: Fiction- Realistic or Fantasy or Adventure or Mystery

Easiest Genre to Write: My faves!
Anything Else I Should Know?: I love writing! But I do have school, so it may be a little hard for me to get on more than once every two or three days. I can give you a sample of my writing, if you like!

Lissyla12 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 7 ○

sure i will join let me subscribe to this thread
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #6

Thank you for joining -- should I call you all by your writing names or WI users?

Anywho, wow, you sure are an active writer! I understand your time limits, by the way. And sure, I'd like to see a sample, if you're able to provide one, please!

♫ ♪ Cherio ♪ ♫

---------- FairwayPup added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

OK, kinzdreamer! Thanks! Once you fill a form, I'll get you on the front post.

Last edited by FairwayPup; 10-12-2008 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Give a
Gift Guru

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 6 ○

Writing Name:kindreamer (or perry)
WW Username:0why
Finished Stories Written (if any): I am good at making detailed description and chapter stories
Stories in Progress (if any): right now i have a dream diary

Favorite Genre: realistic fiction
Easiest Genre to Write: mysteries
Anything Else I Should Know?:I enjoy reading and writing books that have a special touch to them that's different from everyday life. Some of my fav books are Twilight, Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Alex Rider or And Then There Were None

---------- kinzdreamer added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

especially if it comes to a draw dropping turn something you didn't expect like Jacob being a werewolf

---------- kinzdreamer added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

ok i have to check out today tomorrow is monday and yes i have school ugh...

Last edited by kinzdreamer; 10-12-2008 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #8

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 6 ○

Thanks for joining! I'll put you on the front post.

You're one for uniqueness and mysteries, eh? I like those, too! Twilight, Harry Potter, Dragons (Chris D'Lacey)....Those are some of my favs. And yeah, jaw droppers are especially cool!

♫ ♪ Cherio ♪ ♫

---------- FairwayPup added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Oh yeah, school stinks, I have it tomorrow, too. But this week's gonna be awesome for me, at least!

♫ ♪ Cherio ♪ ♫

Last edited by FairwayPup; 10-12-2008 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
Lions and Tigers and

Lissyla12 is a jewel in the roughLissyla12 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 5 ○

So.... here's a sample! It's an excerpt from my novel! I know it is completely random, and it has nothing to do with the plot, but it's just an average, normal scene.

Beep beep beep. Beep beep beep. My watch chimed five minutes to four. I hurried to the bookstore’s exit. It was pouring rain outside. Again. It had rained so much in the past weeks that I was surprised the town wasn’t flooded. I opened the umbrella I had brought with me and ran across the parking lot to the bus stop. Halfway there, my foot splashed into a puddle that was way deeper than it looked. I tripped and landed in the dirty water. Dang, I thought to myself. My school uniform was soaked, stained, and ripped. Automatic detention material. In a naïve attempt to salvage it, I sprinted back to the bookstore and into the bathroom. But no amount of paper towels made any difference. I checked my watch. 4:02. Giving up on the uniform, I rushed back to the bus stop, but I was too late. I could see the back of the bus disappearing through the rain.
Lissyla12 is offline Female
Old 10-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
Give a
Gift Guru

Default Re: ○ The Author's Criterion • Think You're a Good Writer? • Put Your Skills to the Test Here for PSFs! • Positions Left: 5 ○

maybe they know we won't really use today to celebrate Columbus Day if they had given us the day off!
Closed