Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Meet My Kinz Family

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Default Meet My Webkinz Family - Chapter 5, April 7th, 2016

Hi everyone! Welcome to my shiny new (actually old) Meet My Webkinz Family Thread.

Open the Spoiler for a complete list of all my Webkinz.
Spoiler: show

Account #1
Snuggles the Koala (F)
Jack the Black Cat (M)
Millie the Lil' Black Bear (F)
Valiant the Lil' Poodle (F)
John A Whittaker "Whit" the Schnauzer (M)
Renard the Fox (M)
Constance "Connie" the Black and White Cat (F)
Hal the Grey Owl (M)
Keechy Peach the Lil' Pink Glitter Fish (F)
Eugene the Brown Dog (M)
Hosanna the Panda (F)
Smoothie the Persian Cat (F)
Wooton the Cheeky Monkey (M)
Knight the Lil' Black Poodle (M)
Mandy the American Golden (F)
Furaha the Signature Cheetah (F)
Strawberry the Pink Googles (F)
Honey the Honey Hamster (M)
Katrina the Golden Retriever (F)
Staccato the White Swan (F)
Mardi Gras the Rainbow Zebra (M)

Account #2
Muffy the Domestic Cat (F)
Citrina the Topaz Terrier (F)
Nickel the Tinkerpup (M)
Miss Mary the Violetwing Butterfly (F)
Amy the Amethyst Hound (F)
Beverly the Aquamarine Puppy (F)
Wisteria the Lil' Purple Springtime Chick (F)
Lucky the Cow (M)
Desire the Diamond Dog (F)
Emma May the Emerald Lab (F)
Scarletta the Ruby Retriever (F)
Feros the Clover Lion (M)

Table of Contents:

Prelude
Chapter One - Mardi Gras
Chapter Two - Snuggles
Chapter Three - Jack
Chapter Four - Millie
Interlude I - Back to Jane
Interlude II - The Biggest Teddy Bear Store in the Southern Hemisphere
Chapter Five - Valiant

Thanks for reading!

If you are interested in the stuff I wrote in 2010, please see this post, but it is not necessary for understanding anything that's happening now.

Last edited by jenga_jane; 04-07-2016 at 05:37 AM..
jenga_jane is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
Call me Carly (:
Webkinz :)

tinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talent

Default Re: The little poodle that could

Aw what a great story, so far, Valiant! I love that name, too. May I call you Vali? =)

Btw, I love the first picture; it looks so angelic!
tinybluesmiley is offline Female
Old 12-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Viva l'allegria!~

starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!starrose33 is not just visiting!

how cute! very touching! and LUCKY! u can ride your bike to a store! i have to get my mom to drive me, cuz i live in the middle of nowhere but very cute! *rep*
starrose33 is offline Female
Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Default Thread Archive Post

THREAD ARCHIVE

Hello, and welcome to
Click the image to open in full size.

I'm Keechy Peach, the star of Jenga_Jane's newest production, "The Keechy Peach Special Report." Thanks for tuning in.

About Me:
If you care about that sort of thing, here is my Webkinz World Pet Bio:

However, Jane paid no attention to that and neither should you. I was adopted on March 25th, 2010 and as far as either one of us are concerned, that's my birthday.

I am an aspiring news reporter. I have always had an interest in journalism. I love news and I love sharing it clearly and succinctly. Jane is helping me to realize my dream of becoming a star news anchor by reporting on the very special goings-on around her house.

What's with the funny name?
When Jane was brand new to Webkinz Insider, the first section she found was this: The Meet My Webkinz Family section. There was one MMWF thread that she followed; it belonged to "Pink&purplegirl", also known as Lucy. There was a pink glitter fish on that thread whose name was Cheeky and who loved Chocolates. Lucy ran a contest for her readers where we had to design a candy of some sort, and Jane entered and won (even if there was no prize).
After that contest, Jane decided she wanted a pink glitter fish of her own. Much as imitation may be the highest form of flattery, Jane knew she couldn't copy Lucy and name me "Cheeky". So she changed the "K" and the "Ch" around to make Keechy, which all at once made her feel "Peachy Keen". That's how we added "Peach" to my name. It's a pretty whimsical name that makes little sense, but it's my name and no one else's.

I'm Keechy Peach, not "Cheeky". I don't really like Chocolate all that much: I would much prefer a salad or a veggie sub from Subway. I'm not crazy hyper, I like to keep things as serious as possible, but without being totally dry (I am, after all, a fish). I believe that honesty is the best policy, you don't have to stretch the truth to get a good story. Real life can be an adventure; ask Jane about some of hers.

Of course, this show wouldn't be possible without Jane and all her other Webkinz:

Snuggles:
Webkinz #1, Snuggles was adopted September 28th, 2007. She can be a bossy brat at times, but once you get to know her and learn to look past her tough-girl attitude, she's a real sweetheart.

Jack
Webkinz #2, Jack was adopted on October 12th, 2007. He was the only guy for a long time and established himself as the protector of the family early on. He wants to be as tough as a Panther, but don't be afraid, he's merely a Hallowe'en cat.

Millie
Webkinz #3, Millie was adopted November 12th, 2007, a birthday gift from Jane's best friend. Having two extrovert older sibs in the house made Millie into the calmest, quietest and shyest Lil' Black Bear you've ever met. Her silence may be intimidating, but once you get to know you'll find she's really lovely.

Valiant
Webkinz #4, Valiant was adopted on December 13th, 2009, two years after Jane thought she'd lost interest in Webkinz. Valiant helped Jane change her mind, and proved to live up to the name bestowed upon her. Brave and heroic, she may be small, but she stands taller than the greatest Oak Tree when she needs to.

John Avery Whittaker
Webkinz #5, Whit was adopted on January 17th, 2010 and was Jane's first Pet of the Month. He was named for the main Character of Focus on the Family's popular Radio Drama, "Adventures in Odyssey" and was the first of many Webkinz to be named for and take after characters from the show. Whit acts as a grandfather figure for the rest of Jane's Webkinz, as he did "back home in Odyssey".

Renard
Webkinz #6, Renard was actually a Christmas gift whose adoption Jane put off until February 24th, 2010. Renard is a fantastic french fox who doesn't say much due to the language barrier (Jane has decided that her mother wanted her to spend more time working on her French, so she wrote to Santa asking him to bring her a Webkinz formatted for France. I will not support nor deny this claim).

Constance "Connie" Kendall
Webkinz #7, Connie was adopted on March 1st, 2010. She, too, was named after a character from Adventures in Odyssey and takes after Connie Kendall in personality as well. It is said that she has grown exceptionally close to Jack, though this claim is scetchy and unconfirmed (and will probably be deleted if she finds out I said this).

Hal
Webkinz #8, Hal was Jane's first flying pet, adopted on March 14th, 2010. He was named for Hal Smith, the voice actor who provided the voice not only for John Avery Whitaker on Adventures in Odyssey, but "Owl" from the original "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" by Disney. Hal is everything an Owl should be, and is especially partial to KinzVille Park.

Keechy Peach
I was Jane's 9th Webkinz.

Eugene Melsner
Jane's 10th Webkinz, Eugene was adopted April 30th 2010. He is a brainy lad, taking after his namesake, another Adventures in Odyssey character. He is waiting patiently to be joined in Webkinz World by his "lovely wife, Katrina." There is no telling when and where this happy reunion will take place, nor in what form Katrina will come to her beloved.

Hosanna
Webkinz #11 and adopted May 16th, 2010, Hosanna was simply a Caring Valley Webkinz Jane picked up one afternoon while she was in the shop. It was intended that she would make a suitable companion for Snuggles, and consequently, their personalities are very similar and the girls are close friends.

Smoothie
Webkinz #12, Smoothie Moves was adopted June 5th, 2010. She, like Hosanna was a Caring Valley Webkinz. Jane was "*headdesking*" a few weeks later when it was announced that the Persian Cat was September's Pet of the Month. Smoothie speaks with a southern US accent and loves sugar.

Wooton Basset
Jane has learned that living in Australia does have some advantages when it comes to Webkinz World. For example: plenty of retired pets are still avaliable in shops, and Wooton the Cheeky Monkey was one of those. He was adopted on June 16th, 2010, and became Jane's lucky thirteenth. He was named for Wooton Basset from, you guessed it, Adventures in Odyssey.

Knight
On June 27th, 2010, Jane adopted two new pets: Knight, the Lil' Kinz Black Poodle was one of them. He has an obsession with our dear Valiant, who is not interested in him at all, she is probably turned off by his outdated, medieval mindset.

Mandy Straussberg
The second Webkinz added to Jane's account on June 27th, Mandy marked Jane's 15th Webkinz. She a studious, aspiring child who hopes to one day be a champion in the Webkinz Stadium. She was named for Mandy Straussberg from Adventures in Odyssey.

Furaha
Jane's precious, long-awaited Signature Cheetah was Jane's sweet sixteenth, adopted June 30th, 2010. She was featured in an interview on July 2nd, the first official episode of Keechy Peach's Special Report.

Where to tune in

Our show is currently broadcasting on three prestigious networks accross the World Wide Web. Please consider that we have a broad audience and may be delayed in replying to fanmail and other comments.

1) Wendy and Justin's Webkinz Insider, hosted on webkinzinsider.com
2) Reyakinz's Webkinz Post, hosted on webkinzpost.yuku.com
3) Jenga_Jane's own Livejournal, Tales of Valour, hosted on jenga-kinz.livejournal.com

Episodes

And finally, a directory of updates:
All title are active links that will take you immediately to a broadcast of the episode.

July 2nd - First Report - Coming Soon

Thanks for tuning in!

- Keechy Peach -

A Quick PS from Valiant

As specified in the first installment of Keechy's report, Jane and I haven't forgotten about "Valiant: the Little Poodle that Could."
If the series is to return in its full glory, it will not be until midway through August at the very earliest, but most likely later than that.
If you are still looking for past episodes, please go to:

Post #4 of this thread if you are on Webkinz Insider

The thread entitled "Valiant: The Little Poodle that Could" coming soon to the Creative Corner of Webkinz Post.

Search entries tagged "Valiant: The Little Poodle that Could" if you are on Livejournal.

Thanks again for your loyalty; it means the world to me!

Hi! I'm Jane!

When I started writing this story, I was still very new to Webkinz. If you read the first few chapters of "Valiant", you will understand how I got started and why. In fact, much of what you need to know about my Webkinz will be embedded in the story - no list of names and when they were adopted or anything like that.

Valiant was my FOURTH Webkinz when I adopted her in December. I now have 20 webkinz on two accounts, and four more plushes sitting on bed begging to be adopted to the plushie account, and three eStore codes saved to my computer waiting to be put to use on that account. I keep telling them to be patient. That makes for a grand total of 25 Webkinz acquired in less than 6 months.

I won't be focusing on the eStore ones very much, this is mostly about the family sitting on my bed, and everything they have to say.

While the first seven chapters of "Valiant" are illustrated with pictures, I am unsure as to how many other posts will have pictures. My sister's camera broke, and mine is still missing (after 6 months, do you think I will ever get it back? ), and the part I personally enjoy most is the writing - taking and organizing pictures always slowed me down.

My policy is "If the author is having fun, so will the readers." I won't be begging for comments, though I am grateful for the ones I got. I didn't go on hiatus due to lack of comments - I left because I needed to, for personal reasons.

Each of my Webbies has a story to tell. Each of them is unique and eager to share who they are. I am going to work extra-hard to share all their stories with you.

- Jane

========================

Valiant, the Little Poodle That Could
(Chapter 1 is below)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

This is a story I'm writing about Valiant, my Lil' Poodle.

This little poodle believed not only in herself, but in everyone around her, ultimately reuniting the family and helping a certain teenager find her faith once more. The story is told in the First Person, by Valiant You won't be hearing much from me!

========================

And in case you were wondering, "Jane Gardenia" is a pseudonym, not my real name. Likewise, the events spoken of, though based on fact, have some fiction mixed in for the sake of telling a good story, and keeping the author's personal information concealed or questionable. Don't worry, I am (sometimes) careful when it comes to internet security.

Feel free to add me as a friend on Webkinz World; my username is Jenga218

Comments and Constructive Criticism is appreciated. I know that this thread is very different from a lot of the threads in this section (and I've debated whether or not it belongs here, or in "Creative Writing"), as it reads a lot more like a book rather than a blog or just a dialogue. I am always looking to improve my writing and picture taking, so please tell me what you think.

========================

I suppose I should begin this story as one would any other, with the very beginning.

My life began just as the life of most every Webkinz begins: with a journey. We travel from factory to a truck to a ship to a plane, then on another truck to a shop shelf. I ended up in Australia, on a shelf with hundreds of other pets just like me. I wondered if I should ever get to go to a home, when there were so many other, more exotics pets to choose from.

I sat on that shelf for weeks and weeks, as the other pets around me came and went. Sometimes I made small talk with them, but for the most part it was quite boring. Finally, one day, a girl came in. She was tall, and older than I'd expected. She wore blue jeans and a bright orange t-shirt. After exchanging a few words with the lady behind the counter, she looked right at me. She smiled. But then she started looking at the other webkinz on the shelf, and my heart sank. Sure enough, she selected a soft, rare and exotic Sea Otter from the shelf above me. Then, in a motion so quick I nearly missed it, she grabbed me by the ear, and carried both of us over to the counter to pay. We were thrust into a white plastic bag which was hung over the handlebar of a rusted old bike. I didn't care, for I was so excited that my dream was coming true!

(I can't tell you what happened to the Sea Otter; I haven't seen her since).

For about two weeks, such was my relationship with Jane. A brief moment of connection here and there, but for the most part, she treated me as any old toy. I got shoved into drawers, lost under the bed, or quickly arranged on her dresser with her other toys when she had to clean her room.

But Jane did give me something valuable that first day: a name. She called me "Valiant", which means "having or showing valour". I took that name, that gift, very seriously. She thought I was brave and courageous, and I know that above everything, a pet is meant to try to please her master.

I intended to do my very best to live up to the name Jane gave me.

====================

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by jenga_jane; 03-15-2016 at 08:17 AM..
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #5

BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!

Hello Valiant,
You are a wonderful writer. I'd love to hear more about your life. Your name is very beautiful!
BlueKat567 is offline Female
Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #6

BirdGirl is a splendid one to beholdBirdGirl is a splendid one to beholdBirdGirl is a splendid one to beholdBirdGirl is a splendid one to behold

Hello Valiant! I hope your settling into your new home quite nicely. You have such a lovely name, and I'm sure you'll live up to it! I hope we get to hear more of your story soon.
BirdGirl is offline Female
Old 12-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
Canstralian!
Gifted

Thanks, guys!
Originally Posted by tinybluesmiley
Aw what a great story, so far, Valiant! I love that name, too. May I call you Vali? =)

Btw, I love the first picture; it looks so angelic!
You sure can call me Vali! And the photo turned out really different from the others I took that day. I think the flash didn't work or something, and it made the lighting weird - but in the end it really worked out well!
Originally Posted by starrose33
how cute! very touching! and LUCKY! u can ride your bike to a store! i have to get my mom to drive me, cuz i live in the middle of nowhere but very cute! *rep*
Yep, I'm really liking the small town we moved to. Just outside the big city, so it's not the middle of nowhere, but far enough away so that it still feels like a small community. And our house is very central - so close to all the shops!

I'm working on the next bit, but it's taking awhile because we only have two computers between the five of us, and the one I have all the photos saved on is the one in high demand. Though yesterday I cleaned my room without being asked (because I needed to take photos), so that should earn me some brownie points! Hopefully I can have it finished by tonight, or tomorrow morning...

Well, BirdGirl, I can tell you that I eventually settled in with Jane's family, though it was a long, difficult process. My story isn't an especially happy one, though I promise it has a happy ending. And, just like Jane, I always keep my promises!

Update!

==================

Chapter 2

The day after Jane brought me home, she placed me on a dresser next to a Koala. "You two will be good friends," she promised. It was the first thing she ever said to me.

When she left the room, I turned to the Koala and smiled. "Hi! I'm Valiant. What's your name?"

"Snuggles," she replied, uninterested.

"That's a good name. I'm sure it suits you. Do you think my name suits me?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Sure."

The silence was awkward. She sure wasn't much for conversation. Then I noticed that on her left back claw, she had a just like mine.

"Hey, I've got a just like yours!" I exclaimed, excited that we had something in common.

Her eyes widened as I raised my left forepaw to show her. She looked incredulous.

"W-w-why you-y-you're a w-w-" she stammered in disbelief. "Oh no! This can't be good! You can't be! Oh, please tell me she's forgotten the password! Tell me she hasn't remembered! Tell me it's not so!" she wailed.

"I'm sorry?" I was very confused.

"Oh, but of course it's true! That'd be just like her! We couldn't go on like this forever; it would be far too perfect! No, she had to ruin it for us yet again!" she continued. Then, her despair changed to anger, as she turned to look at me. "This is entirely your fault! Why are you even here? Who invited you? No one wants you here! Go back to the store! Go back to where you came from! I don't ever want to see you again!"

I was stunned! Absolutely dumbfounded! I felt like I'd been slapped across the face and kicked in the ribs. Worst of all, my heart ached. For the longest time, neither one of us said anything. Snuggles turned her back to me, and began to sob.

Finally, I found my voice.

"No!" I said, firmly. She turned. "You and I both know I very well can't do that! And even if I could, I wouldn't! I won't! Jane bought and paid for me herself, she rode her bike all the way to the store just for me! I have as much a right to be here as you do, and you know it!" I paused to puntuate. Taking care to lower the volume of my voice, I continued. "Nothing you can say can change the fact that I belong to Jane Gardenia!" Here, I stopped. My heart pounded in my chest as we glared at each other long and hard. For a while, Sunggles looked defeated. There was defiant gleam in my eye.

Then, in one motion, Snuggles was inches away from my face, her claw poised to smack me to the floor. Before I could defend myself, that's exactly what she did.

I lay limp on the bedroom floor, dazed. As the reality of what just happened sunk in (for it all happened so fast), hot, angry tears burned at my eyes and streamed down my face. For a while, I didn't even bother to brush them away.

Then I thought of Jane, and what she thought of me. She thought I was Valiant; brave, strong and courageous.

I pushed myself up on all fours, frantically brushing away my tears. Who cared about what that koala thought? She wasn't anyone important! "Snuggles" is such a dainty, girly name, anyways. All that mattered was what Jane thought of me. I just needed to keep looking up.

And "up" would be a long, difficult climb...

===================

Thanks for reading! I know it's not a terribly cheerful story, but I hope it is at least an enjoyable one...

Last edited by jenga_jane; 07-01-2010 at 04:09 AM..
Old 12-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
UMBO

cinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshine
cinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshinecinnabon138 is a ray of sunshine

Aw, poor Valiant! But, very great story.
cinnabon138 is offline Female
Old 12-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #9

BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!

Wonderful story! You're SO adorable, Valiant. BTW, incredulous was one of my vocabulary words at school! I like your style of writing!
BlueKat567 is offline Female
Old 12-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #10

Miroch52 will become famous soon enough

Love the pics! And I will call you Jane, cause I'm special. You make your dresser look so tall in that pic! (Jane and I are sisters btw)
Miroch52 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
awesome thread! -bluekat, go valiant! -starrose33, i heart valliant! ~iamsam, pookie rawks!, valiant rules, valiant!-kat, valliant rawks!, yay valiant