Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > The Magical Forest

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

rachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossible
rachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossible

Default Magical Forest after update

I already reported that after the last update, non-deluxe members were not able to play woodland wonders and magic mire any longer.

However, after today's update, my non-deluxe account can't access fairy falls any longer, either, and when I go to "visit Zums"; I get "free visits:5" all of a suddden. Does this mean I can only visit the zums 5 times now and then no more?

i checked the WKN and I have not found any news about changing that so it is deluxe only or something.

Any ides?
rachelgirl192 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Magical Forest after update

Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 01-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #3

rachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossiblerachelgirl192 challenges the impossible

Zum sightings don't work for non-deluxe members either.
Has this been like that before, Zums only for deluxe?
I wrote to Webkinz support and asked if it is supposed to be like this, and what happens if non-deluxe members adopt a Zum if they can then visit the Zums regularly.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Yep, I would assume that "free visits: 5" means that there's only 5 visits until it becomes Deluxe only or whatever is going on preventing non-deluxe members to visit whenever they wanted like they were able to before. That's partially stopped playing WW bc everything's becoming Deluxe only & it's taking the fun out of it entirely. Ganz must be pretty desperate for money or something for them to result to this, it's quite saddening.

There might not be any threads/reports about it yet bc no one has really noticed. I've realized that not many people playing Woodland Wonders or do the Magical Forest much anymore. You could report it to Ganz via email or Facebook & ask about it, bc hopefully they'll be able to give some in sight into this.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 01-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃-☆゚.*・。
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I don't know why everyone is so upset about this. It was my understanding that Fairy Forest Access was supposed to be opened to all Deluxe a long time ago. This was before Webkinz X ever happened. Then we were told that access was given to all players for a short time (this actually ended up being closer to two years worth of free access) but that to expect it to eventually become a Deluxe paid access again after that.

Saying that Ganz is greedy is like saying that a business has no business charging for their product. People work for their money at Ganz. The techs need to be paid, the workers need to be paid, the people who listen to our endless complaints DESERVE to be paid. In order for a company to stay on it's feet and give us MORE (Like we ask for all the time) they have to charge for certain things. I ... will continue to support them because I appreciate it. I enjoy it and even though I don't go there often, I like to sneak into Fairy Falls and play there too. It can't all be free or the site simply would cease to exist as a losing endeavor.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #6

Luvsfrogs, yes, I also thought "5 free visits" meant that non-deluxe members only had 5 visits, while it is free for deluxe. But is has never been like that ever since I joined Webkinz, which is why my question was "Is is true that the Zumwhere (visits as well as sightings) used to be only for deluxe in formerly times?
As I wrote yesterday, I already sent an e-mail to Webkinz support, and I will let you know what the reply.

Dixiecup, yes I know that Magic Mire used to be deluxce only, but I didn't know that Fairy Falls and even Zumwhere was deluxe only as well, which is why I asked if this used to be the case.
And I am NOT asking that everything should be free (as I said before, my main account is deluxe and has been for a couple of years, but I do have a non-deluxe account, which is where I noticed that Zumwhere is not accessible any longer).
I was just saying that I was surprised that non-deluxe members don't have access to Fairy Falls and Zumwhere any longer, and asked if this is a glitch or it it used to be that way and therefore is meant to be that way again.
AND I am still arguing that I would appreciate Ganz to tell us "we changed this" or "we changed it back", so we know if something is meant to be a certain way or a glitch. Since I have not played Webkinz forever, I don't know how it used to be before,and I searched the forum and the Webkinz wiki and did not find anything about the Zums only being deluxe.

Last edited by rachelgirl192; 01-20-2018 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #7

Ritzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the boss
Ritzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the bossRitzcracker is the boss

From what I understand, they fixed a glitch which allowed most members to play these areas. Originally all these were accessible only when you had bought a specific item with a code that gave you access to it. Fairy Falls and Magic Mire you needed to buy a charm of either Series 1 or Series 2, Woodland Wonder you needed a figuine, room access in Zumwhere unlocked if you bought a plush zum, and kinzclips unlocked zum sightings. Only Star Challenge was open to everyone. A few years ago they gave free access to all these areas for deluxe members.

Some time ago, they started giving occasional free deluxe days for everyone. If I remember right, from that point on, all those accounts were able to continue doing most of the Magical Forest, even though they weren't deluxe. So we've been enjoying a beneficial glitch for the last year or two. Unfortunately they fixed this glitch now, so it's back to where we were originally. If you had access to any of these areas due to a code you entered, you still have that access. If you are deluxe, you still have access. Some people are reporting that they can still get into some areas - that's a little bonus for them. Everyone else, sorry, we're out of luck. We might still get occasional access with bonus play (Days of Play comes to my mind), or deluxe preview days.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 01-21-2018, 01:20 AM   #8
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃-☆゚.*・。
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I think that is probably the biggest complaint people actually have, more than Ganz making everything Deluxe.
The huge thing is the BIG surprise when they cut everyone off. Of course us long-timers are well aware of the way the Magical Forest works I keep forgetting that not everyone knows this, so they come in, the access is free and no one has really informed them that it's kind of a fluke that they're in there in the first place. And maybe Ganz forgets that,too. Because it's quite apparent that a whole bunch of people are feeling very cheated because that haven't, at least, been warned that this was a temporary benefit. Sorry for my earlier assumptions.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-25-2018, 12:32 PM   #9

Webkinz support has e-mailed back now, but only saying they will forward my question tot he department concerned. Yes, I knew about the plush zum and zumwhere, but not that it was only deluxe then.

What if we buy a zum from the estore and then bring it to life online, will non-deluxe people THEN have access to Zumwhere (this is what I asked the Webkinz support but was, obviously, too hard to answer until now)? Because if I buy a Zum, I want to be able to visit him / her, otherwise the only benefit would be the Zumbuddy flying around.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #10
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by rachelgirl192
Webkinz support has e-mailed back now, but only saying they will forward my question tot he department concerned. Yes, I knew about the plush zum and zumwhere, but not that it was only deluxe then.

What if we buy a zum from the estore and then bring it to life online, will non-deluxe people THEN have access to Zumwhere (this is what I asked the Webkinz support but was, obviously, too hard to answer until now)? Because if I buy a Zum, I want to be able to visit him / her, otherwise the only benefit would be the Zumbuddy flying around.
Great question, rachelgirl! Keep us posted on the answer! It seems that if you buy a Zum you should be allowed to access Zumwhere, whether you are Deluxe or not.
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Closed