Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > Inside Webkinz World > Gamez in Webkinz World > Jumbleberry Fields

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Linus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clownLinus is cool as a bunny clown

Default HOW TO GET MOONBERRIES

I have read a lot of posts about people being frustrated about how hard it is to collect moonberries. I felt that way at first, too, but gradually I have become more consistent about getting moonberries.

If you're having trouble getting moonberries, here are a few suggestions that have helped me:

First, to get one purple moonberry, you need a score of 121 or above. If you score 141 or above, you get 2 purple moonberries. I LOVE those scores above 141!

To get a score of 121 and above is a combination of luck and skill. My strategy is to try to maximize my scores in these categories: Pickleberry, Moonberry, 3 of a kind, 4 of a kind, and free roll, and also to make sure I score in mixed basket.

I reserve Jumbleberry and Sugarberry for my unlucky rolls, since you can't score much in these no matter what. A 2 instead of an 8 in Sugarberry only loses 6 points; a 7 instead of 21 in Moonberry loses 14 points!

I usually try to get 3 and 4 of a kind using moonberries or pickleberries. Getting 3 or 4 of a kind with the reds and yellows loses a lot of potential points, but if it's near the last rolls of the game I'll take whatever comes since even a low score is better than a zero.

I save the purples as much as possible because they're worth so much more. For example, if I roll 3 yellows, 1 red, and 1 purple on the first turn, usually I'll ditch the yellows and reds and save the purple, hoping to get more purples on the second and third rolls. In the end, three purples are much more valuable than 4 (or even 5) yellows and reds.

5 of a kind is the tricky one. You can still score 121 or above even taking a 0 in five of a kind, as long as you score well in the other areas I talked about. I've gotten many moonberries at the end of the game despite getting a zero in 5 of a kind.

So if I've got a choice of putting a low score of 0 or 7 in moonberries, or taking a 0 in 5 of a kind, I'll usually take the 0 in 5 of a kind. For example, you're actually better off scoring 21 in moonberries and 0 in five of a kind (21 points total) than scoring only 7 in moonberries and 10 in five of a kind (17 points total).

If I roll a purple and a green early in the game, I usually save them and go for mixed basket since the odds are very good that I will get a red and yellow. If for some reason I don't get the red and yellow, I'll still have a high roll for other places. If you have to take a 0 in mixed basket, it's really hard to score above 121, since you missed out on at least 15 points.

Truthfully, I find that my worst games tend to happen when I get greedy and try for a 5 of a kind, but don't have anywhere to put the roll if it doesn't happen.

I know it's very tempting to put a bad roll in free roll, but usually you're better off putting those bad rolls in Jumbleberry and Sugarberry, and trying to score a high free roll of 20+ points with purples and greens.

Lastly, don't fret if you don't get a moonberry. This guide is certainly not a fool-proof method to guarantee moonberries, but rather a strategy to improve your chances. Even using all of these hints, you will most likely NOT get a moonberry more often than you will get a moonberry, just like Alex Rodriquez will NOT get a hit more often than he will get a hit. (But those scores above 140 sure are sweet!) If 121 just doesn't work for you, start out aiming for 101 instead, which will guarantee you a green pickleberry.

Please add any other tips or suggestions, or let me know if this helps. I also posted this info in my other thread, http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...erries-603141/ but my friends Stylede and GranKinz convinced me that this information belonged on a thread of it own so more people would see it.

Good luck with those Jumbleberry rolls!
Linus is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
So happy to be
Gifted

stylede has a brilliant futurestylede has a brilliant futurestylede has a brilliant futurestylede has a brilliant futurestylede has a brilliant future

Default Re: HOW TO GET MOONBERRIES

So Glad you posted this. It will help a lot of people Linus!!
stylede is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
At least I'm not a

RetroBean is the cats pajamas!RetroBean is the cats pajamas!RetroBean is the cats pajamas!RetroBean is the cats pajamas!RetroBean is the cats pajamas!RetroBean is the cats pajamas!

Wow, thanks for the guide!
I've always used the red and yellow berries for 4/5 of a kind, thinking that was pretty good thinking of me..Guess I know better now
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #4

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome job Linus!! I love your new thread! This is very good info! I use pretty much the same methods myself, I just haven't had the time nor mental clarity lately to do a nice write-up like this! Thank you!! I am sure many people will benefit from this. Good job.

SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

Great job with the post. I am sure this will help a number of people.

I have been following the same method, but never thought of "spelling it out" LOL.

Glad you did.
elymic is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #6

quilter will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the guide Linus!
You have made me think a little bit more and maybe change my strategy.
quilter is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
valleygram
Gift Guru

valleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable character
valleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable charactervalleygram has an honorable character

WI Subscriber

A good guide - well spelled out! It is the way I have been playing all along and I find it works well for me!
valleygram is offline Female
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
jeanne0952

emmie0952 will become famous soon enough

Wow! Great guide! Thanks so much!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #9

LoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant future

great thread, reps for you, that is the strategy I have used and it does gain you more than other methods....thanks!
LoriM13 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
Loving Retirement
Gift Guru

clarkcs38 is the cats pajamas!clarkcs38 is the cats pajamas!clarkcs38 is the cats pajamas!clarkcs38 is the cats pajamas!clarkcs38 is the cats pajamas!clarkcs38 is the cats pajamas!

WI Subscriber

I was playing the game with a strategy more like a game of Yahtze. No wonder my purple ja s so puny! Thanks for the help!
clarkcs38 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
how to get moonberries, moonberry, moonberry guide, moonberry strategy