Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Join The Club

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #1061
Webkinz :)

janeneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicness
janeneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: The Reading Club!

View Post Originally Posted by Vdojka
How do you guys feel about trials of Apollo?
I haven't really read it yet. I liked PJO, the first three of Heroes of Olympus, and the Egyptian ones were ok. But he kinda just lost me in House of Hades and I read Blood of Olympus just to finish the series. I think I could like Magnus Chase, but I just havent gotten around to them either.

Finished "An Acceptable Time" by Madeline L'Engle awhile back and forgot to update it here. I'm currently working on another book that I should have finished soon as well.
janeneon is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #1062
hy So Serious ♥

thila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
thila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

Finally done with reading enormous novels for English!! We're going to be reading poetry and plays for the rest of the year, and I might finally have time to read something for pleasure.

I want to read Light in August by William Faulkner. The synopsis of someone who is trying to find their identity intrigues me
thila07 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #1063

janeneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicness
janeneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicnessjaneneon is epic beyond epicness

Finished "Ella Enchanted" and "The Two Princesses of Bamarre" by Gail Carson Levine. I just felt like some good fairy tales

And finished "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" by John Tiffany and Jack Thorne. Meh, I thought it was ok. Some of the characters were really off, but there was still kinda the sentimental value of growing up on the original books.

Last edited by janeneon; 02-28-2018 at 08:34 PM..
Old 03-07-2018, 01:21 AM   #1064
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

I finished these books:

Welcome to Spain by Mary Berendes

Meet Molly: An American Girl by Valerie Tripp
Molly Learns a Lesson: A School Story by Valerie Tripp
Molly's Surprise: A Christmas Story by Valerie Tripp
Happy Birthday, Molly!: A Springtime Story by Valerie Tripp
Molly Saves the Day: A Summer Story by Valerie Tripp
Changes for Molly: A Winter Story by Valerie Tripp

Welcome to Molly's World - 1944: Growing Up in World War Two America by Catherine Gourley

Brave Emily by Valerie Tripp

Puerto Rico by Joyce Johnston

Puerto Rico by Michael Burgan

Last edited by Queen of Sheba; 03-07-2018 at 01:28 AM..
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 03-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #1065

Are you planning on going to Puerto Rico, Sheba?

Finished "The Crown" by Kierra Cass (finally! I had two hours to burn and there was a bookstore nearby, so that happened) and "Fairest" by Gail Carson Levine. The Crown makes my fifth new book for the year.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:49 PM   #1066
Call me Animal :D

animallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguise
animallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguiseanimallover97 is Justin in disguise

View Post Originally Posted by unicorn2910
I think someone blackmailed Rick Riordan to include gayness or else they would torture him and his family.
It stinks.
I know this was posted awhile ago, but ^^^
I absolutely adored the PJO series, still one of my favorite series even today. The Kane Chronicles books were amazing as well, and from what I've read of Magnus Chase (only the first one), I love the way he incorporates it into the PJO timeline with Annabeth. Truth be told, I never made it past Mark of Athena in the HoO series because it didn't have the same appeal to me, and after reading the first two Trials of Apollo books, yeah they were decent and still had some of the same humor and characters of the other books, but I just couldn't find myself invested in them..Also, a lot of this humor and LGBT info seems really aggressive in this series, and I don't care much for it.

View Post Originally Posted by janeneon

Finished "The Crown" by Kierra Cass (finally! I had two hours to burn and there was a bookstore nearby, so that happened) and "Fairest" by Gail Carson Levine. The Crown makes my fifth new book for the year.
How was "The Crown"? Glad your bookstore method works, maybe I'll have to try that sometimes. lol
Also, what did you think about "Fairest"? I read that book several years ago, but never heard from anyone who has read it.

~~~
Also, not sure if this is all of them, but books I have finished so far since school started back:

"Because you Love to Hate Me" - collection of authors/booktubers
"When Dimple Met Rishi" - Sandhya Menon
"Frogs and Fae" (novella) - Kara Jaynes
"The Princess Companion" - Melanie Collier

Currently about to start "Everything, Everything" so I can watched the movie finally.
Also starting "In Search of Us" by Ava Dellaira because I received an ARC of the book last month but had to wait until I returned home to get it. Hate I couldn't read it before release, but still excited to read it asap.

Last edited by animallover97; 03-12-2018 at 08:49 PM..
animallover97 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #1067
unicorn2910 knows the way
unicorn2910 knows the way

I recently finished 'Back to the Titanic' (Travelers Through Time, No. 1) by Beatrice Gormley.
unicorn2910 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #1068
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by janeneon
No, but I've been there twice and I love it! I read those books for a lesson I was teaching on Puerto Rico! My husband was born there so it is a special place! Unfortunately, the country is suffering due to hurricane damage. My b-i-l has gone there twice to help out with the re-building effort.

I read the American Girl books for a class I teach, in case you are wondering. But I enjoy them, just the same! Nice and short which helps us meet our goal!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a book that I read recently that was recommended to me. I can't say it is a favorite, but the story did draw me in eventually. I have read so much in the past that it is not unusual for me to guess the plot line. However, there was one surprise (meaning something that I was wrong in predicting), so that made it more enjoyable for me.

Just finished = "Wonderland Creek" by Lynn Austin
Old 03-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #1069
hy So Serious ♥

thila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
thila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomethila07 has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

Currently reading "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams, and I am really enjoying it so far!!
thila07 is offline Female
Old 03-21-2018, 12:26 AM   #1070
Go XYZ!

View Post Originally Posted by thila07
Currently reading "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams, and I am really enjoying it so far!!
I haven't read that one yet!
Closed

Tags
be true!, bolt is beawesome!, cunffuzled..., dftba, gogreengirl, googles always prevail, grammar stanley, hunger games ftw!, katniss was here!, kopat27, kupo!, lithium queen, livingtheyolopantslife, love me for my yolo pants, midnightpaw, rip oreo, sayeth what?!?!?, the delorean was here!, theodora was here ♥, yolo panties, yolo pants, yolo pants pride, you're a canary