Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > Join The Club

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #1641
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: The Hair Club!

Hair dusting is really simple, if we're thinking of the same thing.
The idea is to trim the ends just a teeny tiny bit every once in a while, so that when the ends fall to the floor, they look like "dust".

All you gotta do is kinda separate your hair in half, bring it to the front, slide your fingers to the very ends, and trim just a teeny tiny bit of the ends. It's actually quite surprising how much damage you can snip off in those ends, and if you're growing your hair out doing it every month or so will keep the ends nice and healthy as it grows.

If you're looking to get rid of current split ends, and I'm guessing this might be what you're referring to, is Search and Destroy, where you snip off each split end as you find them. It's incredibly time-consuming and you need good light, but it's the best way to get rid of damage while keeping your length. A lot of people just do them in sessions, like maybe once a week or so. Personally, if I ever feel like my split ends are getting ridiculous but they're in the length versus ends of my hair, I will S&D them. It's kinda scary to see what kind of split ends your hair can make >.<

There's no quick fix for split ends other than trimming the length entirely, but I say don't do that unless a) you personally think you really, really need it or b) the damage is really, really bad. Otherwise it's pretty simple to keep split ends at bay. Hope this helps.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #1642
NTMer and Artist!
Webkinz :)

weedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacity
weedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
You could do a bunch of variations with half-up/down hairstyles:
pull back two braids (or four braids), two twists, chain braids, etc. etc.
Just take the sections of hair near your face, and braid them and clip them back. If that's too mundane I recommend Lilith Moon on youtube. Her hair is shoulder-length when she's not using the extensions and the makes really simple yet creative and elegant hairstyles c:

I feel like posting a piccy of my hair so whoo
This is what the henna looks like inside in yellow-y lighting, it's a lot brighter outside
Spoiler: show

Click the image to open in full size.

Yes i am still in my pjs my hair just looked so nice this morning
That is beautiful hair What a lovely color too I wish mine would curl uniformly up at the ends like that!
weedpatchfarm is offline Female
Old 10-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #1643
♥ Teen Wolf ♥
Gift Guru

MistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter covered
MistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter coveredMistyBoomer is glitter covered

I'm gonna have my sister headband braid my hair since I cannot do it myself :l
MistyBoomer is offline Female
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #1644
Calsno

Calsno is epic beyond epicnessCalsno is epic beyond epicnessCalsno is epic beyond epicnessCalsno is epic beyond epicness
Calsno is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by sophii8
If I'm short on time before a concert, I'll usually just take two sections of hair from the sides-ish of my head (like by the temples), twist them, and bring them together in the back with a hair elastic. You can curl your hair after if you want, but you don't have to. You can also put a flower or bow where they come together.

Here's a picture it's similar to...but I just use a hair tie to bring them together and in the pic the twists are kind of not even but when it they are.
Wish me luck! I'm going to try this hair do tomorrow!
It's concert day
Calsno is offline Female
Old 10-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #1645
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our ears
Coolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our ears

I bought a flower for a few bucks yesterday. It's fairly large (about the size of your hand when you spread your fingers or larger). It's a light red, and has some red glitter on all the petals. And as if it were layered, under the petals there's a layer of black feathers, and a few dark red feathers between them. Maybe I can get a picture one day.

So I need ideas on how to wear it. I don't like tying my hair up. I can also wear it as a broach, but I don't want to wear it on my shirt.

my hair is curly (frizzes up when brushed) is a faded black (dark brown) and I have a faded purple side fringe, which frames my face on both sides. It actually looks nice when I bother to straighten it.

Thanks if you can help me.

Last edited by Coolgirl27965; 10-25-2013 at 09:31 PM..
Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #1646
Begin Again by Tay
Gifted

sophii8 is a WIzard
sophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzardsophii8 is a WIzard

View Post Originally Posted by Calsno
It's concert day
Good luck! I'm glad I gave you some inspiration.
View Post Originally Posted by Coolgirl27965
I bought a flower for a few bucks yesterday. It's fairly large (about the size of your hand when you spread your fingers or larger). It's a light red, and has some red glitter on all the petals. And as if it were layered, under the petals there's a layer of black feathers, and a few dark red feathers between them. Maybe I can get a picture one day.

So I need ideas on how to wear it. I don't like tying my hair up. I can also wear it as a broach, but I don't want to wear it on my shirt.

my hair is curly (frizzes up when brushed) is a faded black (dark brown) and I have a faded purple side fringe, which frames my face on both sides. It actually looks nice when I bother to straighten it.

If you don't want to tie it up you can always just put it in the side of your hair, if that makes sense. I can't think of anything else that doesn't involve braids or buns or ponytails or something. Sorry . it sounds like a really pretty flower though!
sophii8 is offline Female
Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #1647
NTMer and Artist!

weedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacity
weedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacityweedpatchfarm has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by Calsno
It's concert day
Ooh, good luck! I hope everything went fantastic!!
View Post Originally Posted by Coolgirl27965

I don't think I'm going to be much help since the only styles I can think of are up dos but what about attaching it to a bag/backpack/clutch? Like if you have a plain one you could pin it to the corner where the strap starts?
weedpatchfarm is offline Female
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #1648
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our ears
Coolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our earsCoolgirl27965 is music to our ears

View Post Originally Posted by sophii8
Good luck! I'm glad I gave you some inspiration.

If you don't want to tie it up you can always just put it in the side of your hair, if that makes sense. I can't think of anything else that doesn't involve braids or buns or ponytails or something. Sorry . it sounds like a really pretty flower though!
Hmm, I understand. Because I don't like wearing my hair up it makes it hard. I meant maybe something where I could plait a part of my hair and pin it up with the flower?

I just like answered my own question.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather wear it (in my hair) Sorry, But thank you. c:
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #1649
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
Hair dusting is really simple, if we're thinking of the same thing.
The idea is to trim the ends just a teeny tiny bit every once in a while, so that when the ends fall to the floor, they look like "dust".

All you gotta do is kinda separate your hair in half, bring it to the front, slide your fingers to the very ends, and trim just a teeny tiny bit of the ends. It's actually quite surprising how much damage you can snip off in those ends, and if you're growing your hair out doing it every month or so will keep the ends nice and healthy as it grows.

If you're looking to get rid of current split ends, and I'm guessing this might be what you're referring to, is Search and Destroy, where you snip off each split end as you find them. It's incredibly time-consuming and you need good light, but it's the best way to get rid of damage while keeping your length. A lot of people just do them in sessions, like maybe once a week or so. Personally, if I ever feel like my split ends are getting ridiculous but they're in the length versus ends of my hair, I will S&D them. It's kinda scary to see what kind of split ends your hair can make >.<

There's no quick fix for split ends other than trimming the length entirely, but I say don't do that unless a) you personally think you really, really need it or b) the damage is really, really bad. Otherwise it's pretty simple to keep split ends at bay. Hope this helps.
YES
three days ago i literally found a two inch long split end :O i pulled the entire hair off just incase there was more splits on the shaft because lately there has been a lot of splits in my hair that's way up the shaft
but yeah i'm taking tiny sections at a time and lightly tugging the hair just incase there were high splits
wenjun is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a blue-dog-frog was here, aggs loves hair, allykinz♥, amy-desu, avid wntmer, bunny x, coolgirl27965, eliza, i love my webbies! <3, justkeepholdingon<3, no soup, pshyeah, taggy, the #1 belieber wuz here!, the random family, think outside the [box], vanilla chai♥, ♥wenjun waz here♥