Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's A Social Thing > It's A Partay!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
biogoob

Default General Party Questions

Hi,

I am pretty new to this - and have never been to a party or given a party. I understand the basic rules of how you invite people to a party - but what do you do as the host of a party?
I might try to have a little one today with just a few personal friends, as an experiment - if you can give me some good general guidelines.

What are some good general party guidelines?

For example:

How many people do you like to have at your parties? (give me a range, min-max)

What events do you usually have these parties? What activities do you plan, or do you just have people play games (like checkers) that you have in your room?

Do you just let people explore your house, ride your vehicles?

I've seen people say that they are having a scavenger hunt - how do you do that?

I've seen people mention gift bags - what do you do, send them some gifts after the party? What are typical gifts? (price range in terms of kinzcash)

How long should a party last? 30 min? 1 hr?

Any other tips I need to know?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
carolynisthebest
Gifted

carolynisthebest is on a distinguished road

Default Re: General Party Questions

[quote=biogoob;3749906]Hi,

I am pretty new to this - and have never been to a party or given a party. I understand the basic rules of how you invite people to a party - but what do you do as the host of a party?
I might try to have a little one today with just a few personal friends, as an experiment - if you can give me some good general guidelines.

What are some good general party guidelines? - Some people like to limit the rooms party guests can go into, so that they can keep a better eye on them and make sure they all participate in the party.

How many people do you like to have at your parties? (give me a range, min-max) Hmm, I would say at least 8 a a minimum for me, and probably 30 or so as a maximum. Once the numbers get high, it might be hard to keep track of party guests if you were, for example, going to hand out goodie bags. It might also be hard to track down people waiting to be invited through the sea of logged in friends in your zone.

What events do you usually have these parties? What activities do you plan, or do you just have people play games (like checkers) that you have in your room? Sometimes, guests like the play games, such as checkers with each other, but after a while those types of games can be boring and guests may leave. You could arrange a fashion show (with maybe a small prize for the winner), hide n seek, a treasure hunt through your house, etc...

Do you just let people explore your house, ride your vehicles? Yeah, I like to, so that people can see whatever they want, because it isn't very much fun to be a contained party where you are only allowed in a room or two. If you have a large house, this may not be very practical. Our house is about 30 rooms, so we can manage hunting them down after a party.

I've seen people say that they are having a scavenger hunt - how do you do that? You make a list of certain items around your house ( like a table, game, anything) and you post the list here instructing people the be first to find where everything on the list is ( the room names), post the list here, and the winner will get a small prize, or maybe not.

I've seen people mention gift bags - what do you do, send them some gifts after the party? What are typical gifts? (price range in terms of kinzcash) Depending on the size of your party, you may want to adjust the kinzcash value of the gift bags, so you won't be giving away your life savings.

How long should a party last? 30 min? 1 hr? A party should last however long you want it to. I think a 30 min- 1 hour long party is probably the best, as people might not want to stay much longer. A good indicator of when to shut down your party is probably when about half of the constant crowd has left.

Any other tips I need to know?
I think you're good to start your first party!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Gifted

Jobojojo16 is an unknown quantity at this point

All I can say is that throwing a party isn't easy. What with gift bags, friend requests, activities and the VERY few people who show up, it isn't even worth the effort unless somehow you manage to pull it off. I can't and I live in awe of those who can. My sugestion: first go to a lot of partys. Pay attention to details and have fun! Then if you still want to throw a party use the things you picked up, and start simple. If you are one of those people who can throw an awesome party, all the best to you! good luck and invite me when you are famous! if not, well then going to other partys can be just as fun w/o the stress! Have fun and par-tay!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
lauraet
Webkinz :)
Mumkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

so how do you give out gift bags? Are you supposed to just send them over? And how do you offer people food? Can they take things from your cupboards and refridgerator?
Closed