Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Yello?
Webkinz :)

Footontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonder

Wink It would be smart if Ganz re-released the Cheeky Cat and Dog

Ganz re-released the Cheeky Cat and the Cheeky Dog. Wanna know why? Well, If they did, a TON of people would buy them, getting ganz money, and they would get 15-20 dollars off of every purchase, while on ebay, people who stoked up on these webkinz, are selling 1 for $200 or more! So, Ganz, I really think it would be smart if you did this.

And please don't say this idea is bad, becauese i have feelings too.

I have edited your title to reflect contents.

Webberlily

Last edited by Webberlily; 05-19-2010 at 01:54 AM..
Footontable is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: It would be smart if...

I disagree.
It's a classic retired pet. That's what makes them so rare and coveted, I don't think they should.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #3

~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder

I think it would be great if they did that..... but then again.... maybe not. people who payed 1000 bucks (yes i have seen a brown cheeky dog go for a 1000 bucks and sell) would be extremely mad. I disagree... sometimes the fun is in the trying hard to get them, just like that is the fun of working really hard to get wacky jeans, purple witch hat.... etc
~Kiwi~ is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, no. The lil kinz unicorn is enough. Imagine if you bought a cheeky cat for $200 dollars and a year later you could go buy it for $20. That would make tons upset and tons probably even quit Webkinz. Part of any big franchise is to have rarer and more coveted Webkinz than others. I understand you may want one but if you want one you have to get it like anyone else.

I would say easily 50% of players would quit, not even just the people who have those cheekies, but the people who understand how the others feel. I remember I played this one game and this coveted hat was re-released for game coins. Then it lost all it's value, and nobody really liked it or wanted it anymore because it was so common.

View Post Originally Posted by ~Kiwi~
I disagree... sometimes the fun is in the trying hard to get them, just like that is the fun of working really hard to get wacky jeans, purple witch hat.... etc
I agree. Part of the fun of any game is to have more coveted items. Something to work at with game currency or real currency.
jaspyr is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
e love Red Sox!
Gifted

yazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant futureyazkitty has a brilliant future

I think it would be cool if they re-released these as well!! I have said that in the past too! If someone wants to spend thousands of dollars on ONE Webkinz that is their decision to make...but Ganz has been known to re-release retired things so ANYTHING is always possible. Footontable I think you are right on target!!!
yazkitty is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

that would be nice if they did, but also would cause a lot of angry customers and idk if they want to do that.
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: It would be smart if Ganz re-released the Cheeky Cat and Dog

Ganz actually physically can not re release the cheeky cat or dog (;

If you haven't noticed, no other Webkinz pets have that fur. It's because the first pets were experimental, so they didn't order much of the fur. When they ran out they retired the Webkinz and then created Webkinz with cheaper fur. If they were to re release them they would have to re order that fur, and about 75% of the pets retired are because they ran out of that fur. The majority of the retired Webkinz pets don't have any newer pets with the same fur (;

Plus it would make lots angry.
jaspyr is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

So they're out of the fur? They can always order more. My husband works in textile manufacturing and this can easily be done. They retired it when they ran out, I understand, but that's because they CHOSE not to order more fur and let the production stop when the fur did. Using the "they have no more fur" thing is not a real reason when there is always the possibility of obtaining more.

Sure, it would make people mad. It would make those mad who spent outrageous amounts of money on getting one. However, more people have joined Webkinz since the Cheeky Dog and Cat were retired than were members when they were active--a LOT more. So, if you want to look at numbers, I'd be willing to safely bet there'd be more people willing to buy them than would be complaining. I think it would be a sure seller.

People buy stuff for investments, but all investments carry a risk. Never forget all those people who bought Beanie Babies, and at the top of their popularity whole collections were going for thousands. Now, after the shine has worn off the fad, they are worthless. Same thing will eventually happen to Webkinz, and all those people who paid big bucks for a Cheeky Dog or Cat will be mad whether it was done to them by Ganz or by the general public's waning interest in Webkinz.

So, I say YES. Bring them back!
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
webkinz_forever

I'm sorry, this is a horrible idea.
I'm sure that the people who spent $600 dollars on a cheeky dog wouldn't just be outraged - they would be devastated. These things have value. You can't just do that. xP
Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #10

lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!

NO! They should not re-release these. It will totally take away the nostalgia, value, and appreciation of those rare pets.

On the other hand, I thought they should do a Signature one that is larger and with fur colors that are vice versa, ie. all over dark brown with light brown spot and offer it as a commemorative pet rather than duplicating the old one.
lilkinzmom7 is offline Female
Closed