Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
atterrag100
Webkinz :)

gmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all things
gmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all things

Default Why can't we trade all items in Webkinz?

When it comes to items from the e store or from the Daily Kinz Care, Webkinz won't let us trade, sell or send to friends through the Kinzpost. Well, we can sell the DKC items, but that's all. I think that if we buy or earn an item in Webkinz we should be able to use it however we please. Especially in the case of buying items from the expensive e store! Because we can't use these items however we want and we are stuck with them if we change or mind for what ever reason, I choose not to buy much from the e store. I bet I am not alone in this. If Webkinz would change this, they could still make money from the e store and make things better for their customers too!
What do you think? Anyone else agree or have another suggestion?
gmcgary is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
T9850

T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero
T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero

Default Re: Why can't we trade all items in Webkinz?

My guess is because it would cause auctions on eBay. I wish it was like that (except for trophies, birthday cakes and the Webkinz guide). I wish Ganz could've easily called the cops on the bad eggs instead.
T9850 is offline Male
Old 04-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
e all love

pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum
pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum

I want this to happen also. I also agree with Taku2 ( below) about the hacking, so maybe just the DKC prizes and a few e-store items.

Last edited by pandapuddin; 04-11-2011 at 11:15 AM..
Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #4

Taku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talentTaku2 has lots of talent

maybe it is to prevent that if someone gets hacked or so, that those hackers can't send the expensive (real money) things from the estore to their accounts or sell them...
sometimes i wish it was possible to trade those things, but sometimes i think it is better idk
Taku2 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
TIRED OF BEING WACKY

girlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledgegirlwholovesdog flows towards the sea of knowledge

Not sure about estore, but I am going with the DKC items.
girlwholovesdog is offline Male
Old 04-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #6

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

DKC items are not exactly valuable, especially compared to priceless clothes, retired items, or eStore PSI's. So the version that trading them is blocked "for our protection" fails a common-sense check. Most likely, the protection was there as a result of a programming mess-up, which Ganz is not eager to admit.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
atterrag100

gmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all things
gmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all thingsgmcgary is a champion of all things

Yeah. But even if DKC items are not valuable, I would still like to send them through Kinzpost or trade them.

Humm. Such a shame a few bad eggs ruin it for everyone. You may be right about hacking. I wish there was some way to trade or send through Kinzpost though. Once we bought a science item to give to a family member for Christmas and we messed up so we had to buy two of the same item. Now I am stuck with this item. I really didn't want it I just wanted to buy it for someone else. But I can't do anything with it. If only I could trade it for some other e store item I do want. Thanks for your reply.

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
DKC items are not exactly valuable, especially compared to priceless clothes, retired items, or eStore PSI's. So the version that trading them is blocked "for our protection" fails a common-sense check. Most likely, the protection was there as a result of a programming mess-up, which Ganz is not eager to admit.

I was viewing your collection rooms and they are awesome. I really enjoyed seeing how you decorated everything. How cool. I would love to show some of my rooms. How did you get the pics of your room loaded so we can see them? Thanks for sharing. You have an awesome collection.

Last edited by gmcgary; 04-12-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
atterrag100

You may be right. Good food for thought.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Please give Ganz credit in this issue. Generally speaking, all their unpopular decisions are the results of ABUSE by a few bad apples. In the case of expensive eStore items, there were illegal duplications, and illegal auctions for outrageous amounts. You have no idea how little interest the police have in the theft of virtual webkinz items, there are so many more serious crimes being committed. When notified, eBay will stop illegal auctions, but there are many other sites for this kind of fraud out there on the internet. Making the targeted items non-kinzpostable, stops all the fraud right away.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
Clothing Collecter

nicolejasmine14 is just really nicenicolejasmine14 is just really nice

I can definatly see why a lot of items are non-tradable and sendable i defintly agree with WEBBERLILY and Webkinz i believe is doing the right thing making certain items un-tradable/postable such as estore items, buying points from the estore allow purchasing items for webkinz if some one were to hack your account they would be able to send and take items that you purchased from the estore/ that would be like people taking your money which is illegal. I totally understand your idea and it would be great to be able to get any item you want just by trading but sometimes its unfair if something were to happen then you would be very upset.
nicolejasmine14 is offline Female
Closed