Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

Default Webkinz Video Game

Me and my friend are making a webkinz video game with her game creator! were gonna send GANZ a demo and if they buy it, we have a webkinz video game!!!!!!! What are your thoughts? Maybe, if i get an OK from a mod/admin, we can show just a VIDEO demo on here. GANZ gets the game demo. Sorry! It hasn't been approved yet and we'll be stealing the copyright of webkinz
889wlry is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Default Re: Webkinz video game MAYBE coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds cool!!!
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
jackb1014

jackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to behold

Awesome!!!
jackb1014 is offline Male
Old 06-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Hanfan1

FlowerBabiee09 is a forum hero
FlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum heroFlowerBabiee09 is a forum hero

Great idea! It would be fun to play webkinz on the wii and DS and stuff
FlowerBabiee09 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Personally, with no offense intended, here are my thoughts on this.

First off, webkinz is already technically a video game. What would this be about? Plus, I'm not sure how thrilled Ganz would be at the fact that you created a game off their copyrighted material.
Second, how great would this game be? Anyone can get onto a game creator and make a game about something- if it were that easy to sell it to Ganz, then everyone would be doing it. If you seriously want to make a video game, you're going to have to sit down with your friend, get the money and team required for the animation and system and figure out the game. The mechanics have to work, the animation has to be smooth, and it would have to be unique.
Definitely NOT something that could be done on a "game creator" Imagine if they had the same thing for board games? Anything selling would all be the same, and it would be boring and FAR too easy to get into the industry. I should know, since me and my brother are planning on making a board game. We have to sketch everything, then draw it, then draw it again on photoshop and then edit it. We have over 175 cards to draw, then we have to make everything else. We have to work out all the mechanics.

It honestly takes a lot more work to make a game work and be appealing. Ganz doubtless has spent quite an amount of time working on Webkinz World- imagine if they made it with a Game Creator??

I'm sorry to say, but I'm 99% sure that Ganz won't buy it. If you do want to make a video game. contact Ganz, collaborate with them, work it out with them, and put the effort that comes along with making a game, like all the other people who make games have done.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Gifted

webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

I have to agree with everything Amygirl said, I think you may be thinking that getting into an industry like that is much simpler than it is. Video game designers must be extremely skilled with graphics, incredible with computers, and excellent with aestetics. I don't want to put down your idea, but it takes more work than that.
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Old 06-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Jessie is Sweet
Gifted

inthepink720 is a forum hero
inthepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum herointhepink720 is a forum hero

That's sooooooooooooo awesome! I can't wait! maybe they will make one for wii and ds.
inthepink720 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #8

Koodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roost

How would Webkinz turn into a video game? It is already a computer game so I don't think they're is a lot of stuff you could do. I completly agree with Amygirl too. My first thought is that some people, probaly like you and your friends is under the age of twenty and you haven't gone to digital gaming and programing school and I do not like playing a game with poor graphics. If you did send your demo to GANZ they might say no to you or not even look at. The reality of a big-wig company buying material from a paint program is 0.008% chance. I'm sorry but the harsh reality is kinda bad but I hate being a Debby Downer so just think positive, maybe tell us what will be in the games, a few pictures, talk to some professionals? Good luck with your game .
Koodo is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

How Cool!!!!
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Gifted

Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

Default Re: Webkinz Video Game

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
Personally, with no offense intended, here are my thoughts on this.

First off, webkinz is already technically a video game. What would this be about? Plus, I'm not sure how thrilled Ganz would be at the fact that you created a game off their copyrighted material.
Second, how great would this game be? Anyone can get onto a game creator and make a game about something- if it were that easy to sell it to Ganz, then everyone would be doing it. If you seriously want to make a video game, you're going to have to sit down with your friend, get the money and team required for the animation and system and figure out the game. The mechanics have to work, the animation has to be smooth, and it would have to be unique.
Definitely NOT something that could be done on a "game creator" Imagine if they had the same thing for board games? Anything selling would all be the same, and it would be boring and FAR too easy to get into the industry. I should know, since me and my brother are planning on making a board game. We have to sketch everything, then draw it, then draw it again on photoshop and then edit it. We have over 175 cards to draw, then we have to make everything else. We have to work out all the mechanics.

It honestly takes a lot more work to make a game work and be appealing. Ganz doubtless has spent quite an amount of time working on Webkinz World- imagine if they made it with a Game Creator??

I'm sorry to say, but I'm 99% sure that Ganz won't buy it. If you do want to make a video game. contact Ganz, collaborate with them, work it out with them, and put the effort that comes along with making a game, like all the other people who make games have done.
I agree 100%

Even if you were somehow able to get the equipment required to make a decent video game, you wouldn't get very far. If Ganz wanted a video game, they would make it themselves, not buy one off of a few kids.
Jenny is offline Female
Closed

Tags
jackb1014 was here!, soa