Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #71
Gift Guru

Smaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets. A 5 star idea! Thanks for reading everyone!

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzgurl23
Very moving. It just breaks my heart to think about Zoe's before life.

I want to open a no-kill shelter when I am older because 7,000 pets get put to sleep/die every year.
Yeah, that breaks my hart that so many animals get put to sleep. I wish there were more no kill shelters. That would be great if you could start one.
Smaointe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #72
Webkinzgurl23

I have to go to vet school first(so I could treat the pets in my own home)...I'm writing a book on it too. Well, a chapter b ook for that fact.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #73
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

That's the best idea ever! I adopted my dog from a shelter, and i couldn't imagine a better match!

Rep and five stars
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #74
Gift Guru

Smaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clownSmaointe is cool as a bunny clown

I have also thought of these suggestions:

In addition to selling shelter pets and having tags, I would love the opportunity to be able to go to the Webkinz Shelter and "adopt" a Webkinz. I know that when you buy a webkinz you adopt it in the adoption center, but this is different from the usual adoption process. When you buy a shelter pet, you can go to the shelter instead of the regular adoption center. This could be called Webkinz Shelter so we can tell the two places apart.

I know Ganz is a business and I totally understand and I am not trying to be mean or insult anyone who frequently buys webkinz or items from the estore. For those who may not be able to buy webkinz as fequently as they might have in the past or can't buy one often, members will be able to purchase certain "Shelter Pets" by using KC. Again, Ganz is a business and it wouldn't make a lot of sense (from a business point of view), but it would make children and other people happy to be able to welcome a new webkinz into their family.
Smaointe is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #75
Webkinz :)

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by Smaointe
Hi, I am so honored that you put my post on the front post. It means a lot to me. I sent you a couple of messages too. Thanks again and hope everything is well.
Believe me - You deserved it! This was exactly what I was trying to say, and Smaointe - I am honored to be your friend. I received your messages and replied. Hope everything is well with you.

~Indy~
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 06-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #76

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

I have a suggestion as well for the shelter pets but first a little message:
You do not know how much this idea means to me. Our Dog Zoe, was found as a little puppy with her brother and sister roaming the streets, eating out of garbage cans. Zoe has such the big brown puppy dog eyes even though she is almost 3. I just can't bear to think about what it would be like to live her past. Every single thunderstorm, she is so scared because it reminds her of her past.

Anyway, now for the suggestions:
Instead of the adoption center with Ms. Birdy, the code leads you to a speical shelter where it shows you all of the same pets that you got and then you chose which one and before you adopted it, you can see the biography so you could choose which pet you like by the bio.

And you could get special items like: Matress bed, special shelter collars, a cool shelter arcade with cool games with cooler trophies, basket bed, a stand up shower.

Thank you so much for the idea...I'm kind of tearing up right now since I am away from my Dog right now.
Webkinzgurl23 - I am so glad his means a lot to you. I created this idea for wonderful people like you who I knew would appreciate my idea. I am so happy that you adopted Zoe and took her away from what sounds like a horrible past. Aw! Puppy eyes are just too cute for words. I am positive that Zoe is one of the happiest dogs around. My cats Indy and Lucky came from a horrible past also, so I definitely can relate to "memories" and "reminders" of their past. Figuring out what their past life was before they were taken to the shelter is like doing detective work. All we have to figure out their previous past is what the shelter told us and the behavior of our cats. We know that they came from a huge multi cat household. The shelter estimated about 25 other cats in the house. We also figure that they didn't take care of them really well and couldn't actually afford that many cats. They were definitely abusive people, and they must have had little children that were unsupervised. Indy has terrible gingivitis (a mouth issue) and it all started because they didn't get regular checks at the vet, and they let him chew on anything he desired. His chewing tells us why they named him Chewy before we got him. Indy also walks with a limp. He was kicked really hard by someone in his previous life and it broke his hip. Every time I see him limp, every time I take him to the vet because he is in so much pain because of his mouth, it is everything I can do to resist tears of absolute anger and deep sadness. Lucky has her issues as well. She is extremely scared of little children, which leads me to believe that little children in her past were unresponsible with her. Also, she is scared of feet, which probably means she wasn't the only one kicked around in that household. Sorry about such a long description of their past, it's just that once I get started on their past, I can't stop. LOL.

Anyway, I love your ideas! It would be so cool if a new adoption screen was made for these pets. I could see them all in cages, or perhaps just sitting all around side-by-side. Then you could choose one, and a bio would come up about its qualities and maybe a brief past life description. And I absolutely LOVE your pet item suggestions! Wow! I could definitely see a basket and mattress bed, and special collars. Thanks so much for sharing these fabulous suggestions! I really appreciate it!

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz434
This is brilliant!
I would buy like 20 billion of these! Just to help Shelter's in need.
Some of u may know, I've been looking at this adorable dog, Marley and
he is in a shelter right now. He has epilespy which meens you have seizures unexpectedly.
So, I have to wait till September.
Atleast it's saving a pet.
Again, brilliant brilliant idea!

Thanks so much! That makes my day! LOL, I would too! Think of the sales! Good for you on adopting a dog! Pat yourself on the back for that one! Dogs that have epilepsy and other issues are more difficult to find homes for, so this is fantastic news! It's too bad you have to wait until September, but I bet you can't wait! Thanks so much again! Have fun with your new dog!

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 06-01-2009 at 10:40 AM..
Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #77
:(
Gifted

speedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud of

You have a very talented mind!
I think this is a wonderful idea, and I agree with everything you say!
I hope Ganz DOES start this new line of Webkinz...I'd buy them!
Congratualtions!
I have to say that this is one of the best Ganz Ideas I've seen in a long time!
speedieblonde is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #78

I really love your idea. I also had in mind that you can visit a shelter in ww and adopt a pet there. Those items would be cool too.

There was a cat who had kittens and they were hiding in the couch. The family didnt know this happened and moved away. I took in one of the kittens and now she is just like a regular cat. I love her so much. She is a calico named kitty.
Looks like you two had the same idea! Great minds think alike!

Aw! Kitty sounds like a very special cat. Good for you for taking her in.

Thanks for posting!

~IndyandLucky~

Very moving. It just breaks my heart to think about Zoe's before life.

I want to open a no-kill shelter when I am older because 7,000 pets get put to sleep/die every year.
Thanks! It is very moving. It breaks my heart to think about Indy and Lucky's past as well.

Good for you! If everyone opened up a no-kill shelter and had a heart like yours the world would be a better place! That is horrible. I can't even bear seeing one pet put to sleep.

Thanks for posting again! I love your thoughts and ideas! Keep em' coming!

~IndyandLucky~

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 06-05-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Old 06-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #79

tennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talent

aw.. That would be so cute! I would love that!
Great idea!

REP and Rate!
tennisstar10 is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #80

Yeah, that breaks my hart that so many animals get put to sleep. I wish there were more no kill shelters. That would be great if you could start one.
Very true. My heart breaks when I go into a shelter, I hardly do it anymore, because I usually leave crying. I very much hope she starts one as well! Thanks for posting as usual!

~IndyandLucky~

I have to go to vet school first(so I could treat the pets in my own home)...I'm writing a book on it too. Well, a chapter b ook for that fact.
I would very much love to read your book. I bet it will be fabulous. I love how much you care about pets and want to make a difference.

~IndyandLucky~

View Post Originally Posted by lilhorselover
That's the best idea ever! I adopted my dog from a shelter, and i couldn't imagine a better match!

Rep and five stars

Aw! Thanks so much! That means a lot! LOL. I know what you mean. My cats were made for me! Thanks for the rep and rate. They are greatly appreciated as well as just you posting such a nice post! Thanks!

~IndyandLucky~

I have also thought of these suggestions:

In addition to selling shelter pets and having tags, I would love the opportunity to be able to go to the Webkinz Shelter and "adopt" a Webkinz. I know that when you buy a webkinz you adopt it in the adoption center, but this is different from the usual adoption process. When you buy a shelter pet, you can go to the shelter instead of the regular adoption center. This could be called Webkinz Shelter so we can tell the two places apart.

I know Ganz is a business and I totally understand and I am not trying to be mean or insult anyone who frequently buys webkinz or items from the estore. For those who may not be able to buy webkinz as fequently as they might have in the past or can't buy one often, members will be able to purchase certain "Shelter Pets" by using KC. Again, Ganz is a business and it wouldn't make a lot of sense (from a business point of view), but it would make children and other people happy to be able to welcome a new webkinz into their family.
Thanks for suggesting these! I love your idea of having a Webkinz Shelter similar to the Adoption Center. I had this thought as well.

As for the other idea - I love that you are thinking "outside the box" and really giving some thought to these. This means a lot to me. I unfortunately doubt Ganz would do this, because they are a business and they do have to make money. But, I love this idea anyway. Thanks for posting so much and being a dedicated member of this thread!

~IndyandLucky~

View Post Originally Posted by speedieblonde
You have a very talented mind!
I think this is a wonderful idea, and I agree with everything you say!
I hope Ganz DOES start this new line of Webkinz...I'd buy them!
Congratualtions!
I have to say that this is one of the best Ganz Ideas I've seen in a long time!
Thank you, that means a lot to me!
It is good to hear that you agree with this!
Aw! Thanks! I really hope that they do also. It is kind of a dream of mine.
Thanks so much! That made my day. Truly made my day.

~IndyandLucky~

View Post Originally Posted by tennisstar10
aw.. That would be so cute! I would love that!
Great idea!

REP and Rate!
Thanks! I would too!
Thanks for the rep and rate and most of all. . . thanks for posting on my thread. You have no idea how much this means to me!

~IndyandLucky~

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 06-05-2009 at 07:11 PM..
Closed

Tags
amazing idea, animal shelter pets!, awesome idea!, c'mon ganzzzzz, cheezeiful!, do it webkinz please?, eccheeze, excellent! ~lucky4me, ganz are you listening?, help animals!!!!, help pets in need!, help the animals!, i love this idea!, i ♥ this idea! ~snowwie, indy's idea!, lookie here ganz!, make a difference!, mp was here!, niceidea!♥, save the animals!, save the shelter pets!, shelter pets!, uh-ma-zing!, use this siggie!, yeah! ♥pets