Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #481
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated with new signatures you can use!

I think this idea is wonderful! I am an animal rescuer and have been for many years. Every year I take in abandoned animals and find them homes. My local shelter puts down more animals in a month then I care to discuss. Because of this reason I save and adopt them out myself. If they had more fund I'm sure more animals would be saved. Even getting the word out about shelter animals would help alot. I would also love to see profits go to the regular animal rescuer who doesn't receive funds for this. Some non profit organizations do receive grants but alot of them don't. I myself have no restrictions on what I rescue. I have rescued raccoons, squirrels, bunnies, turtles, birds of many kinds. These have been injured or have had other issues. I will, and do, slam my breaks on to save anything in or by the road that needs help. I work with wildlife rehabilitators and rescue groups. I also take in cats, dogs, anything really. I have taken in sick mother cats nursed them back to health and found them great homes and their babies. I also take in completely wild cats that have never had human contact and rehabilitate them until they are adoptable. There are so many animals that need help for different reasons and I support anything that helps them. I could go on forever about what I have seen, the shape some animals have been in, the thousands of dollars I have spent on vet care and helping them, but this forum isn't that big lol. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help this cause!
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #482
I love being a
Webkinz :)

Katey577 is a glorious beacon of lightKatey577 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated with new signatures you can use!

Oh that is a great idea! I could make some siggies/avvies to show we support.

Click the image to open in full size.
Katey577 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #483

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by brtswim
Hey IndyandLucky, I made some new siggies for you:

These are really great signatures! Thanks so much for making them - Know that I highly appreciate it!

View Post Originally Posted by tinybluesmiley
Cute siggy pic, brtswim.

I'm gunna go check out the first post to see what this thread is about, and then maybe I'll edit this post and add some more. xD

---EDIT---

Ooh, what a cute idea! Webkinz shelter pets sounds like fun! I support them. =)
Thanks for your support!

View Post Originally Posted by Bindidog
Just stopping by again to show my support! Thanks Indy and Lucky!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by again Bindidog! I am so glad to have your support. No, thank you!

View Post Originally Posted by katiekinzz
This is an amazing idea. I really think Ganz should do this.
Thank you! I do too. Thanks so much for your support!

View Post Originally Posted by NR1991
Indyandlucky, I hope you realize how many members are behind you!! You are such a kind person. I wish there was more I could do. Animals are my life too and your story, brtswim, about your puppy, well, there is only so much I can read before I have to stop. My heart just can't take the pain. Thank you for all you are doing.
NR1991, I do realize this and it is a great feeling! Thank you, that is really nice of you to say that. You are already making a difference by supporting animals. It is really great to meet so many animal lovers out there and I enjoy each and every one of your stories. I agree, Brtswim's story was heartwarming. Thank you for supporting this. I really appreciate it!

View Post Originally Posted by heart891011
the problem with them is I don't like Precious Moments so I wouldn't like the way they looked so I wouldn't buy them
Well, that is just an idea. I would love to hear your other thoughts on what they should look like Thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by panda886
L.O.V.E. this idea!
Thank you very much! I am so glad you enjoyed it.

View Post Originally Posted by skyrazor12
This is actually an amazing idea. it would make you feel amazing for buying something that helps animals and not just yourself. I hope ganz takes action! Thank you so much for opening our hearts!
Thanks! Yep, exactly! I hope they do as well. Aw, thank you very much! That is so nice of you to say such lovely words. I really appreciate you posting!

View Post Originally Posted by tammie2222
Great idea. I have two ferrets who we adopted from a shelter. It is a ferret only shelter and they receive no money except from members who donate. Small places like these need help badly, not just the cats and dogs. The problem is more widespread than people think. Please Ganz, this is a great idea that could do so much good!
Thank you! Good for you! You know, often people don't think of ferrets being in shelters, but you are absolutely right, ferrets need help and love too! Thanks for bringing up the subject of ferrets in shelters! Unfortunately, that is how a lot of shelters obtain their money. And most times, donations aren't enough. That is why they need a wonderful program like Webkinz Shelter Pets! Yes, it is. You are very right. Thanks so much for your support!

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 02-21-2010 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: added :)
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #484
MOKONA <3
Gifted

laurenbay5 has a spectacular aura aboutlaurenbay5 has a spectacular aura about

Hey your idea is great but I have an idea that could make it better. So instead of plushies make it an estore only pet you could design your self. This would make so much money for Ganz. You pick type of animal, colors, markings, tail, eyes, nose, and everything else. And the money could go to a shelter cause the animal is kinda a mutt as in mixed breed. So what do you think. The pet item would vary for pet maybe you could make that yourself too. Like each type of animal could come with a item the shape is al the same. But the colors would vary like it could be the same colors based on your pet.
laurenbay5 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #485
I love being a

Katey577 is a glorious beacon of lightKatey577 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by laurenbay5
Hey your idea is great but I have an idea that could make it better. So instead of plushies make it an estore only pet you could design your self. This would make so much money for Ganz. You pick type of animal, colors, markings, tail, eyes, nose, and everything else. And the money could go to a shelter cause the animal is kinda a mutt as in mixed breed. So what do you think. The pet item would vary for pet maybe you could make that yourself too. Like each type of animal could come with a item the shape is al the same. But the colors would vary like it could be the same colors based on your pet.
I don't like that idea. Then some kids would miss out because their parents don't let them buy things from the e-store. But maybe to compermise they would be plushies like in the oringenal idea, but on speciel ocasions like Christmas you could get online ones. How does that sound.:acs:
Katey577 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #486

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by laurenbay5
View Post Originally Posted by Katey577
I don't like that idea. Then some kids would miss out because their parents don't let them buy things from the e-store. But maybe to compermise they would be plushies like in the oringenal idea, but on speciel ocasions like Christmas you could get online ones. How does that sound.:acs:
I agree. This idea should be for everyone. Some parents won't let their child have estore. I think this needs to be Caring Valley actually. It would help the ASPCA or another animal organization.
brtswim is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #487

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

Thanks for the compliment IndyandLucky! Glad I could help!
No, thank you! You have done a lot for this thread!

Here is a new siggie to use.

Thanks for making this signature! It is really cute, and does a great job of grabbing your attention!

View Post Originally Posted by Iceflower
OMG!! I would totally support that idea!!! You are such a genius!!! :ccat::cs::gr::goo:
Aw! Thank you so much for the very sweet compliment! I am so glad to have your support!
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #488
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Aw... that's such a good idea! Ganz could support some Shelters, and the money bought with the Shelter Pets can be sent to the Shelters! That sounds awesome! When I read it, I wanted to cry! I totally support this!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #489
biggreenmonster518
Gifted

prettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud of

I think this is a great idea I totally support it i would buy them. I had actually never had an animal from a shelter until i adopted my BFs dog (he found her at 2 weeks) and then this past quarter I found a stray puppy like 2 months and fostered him and found him a home. The reason we had both was because the shelters couldn't take either of them and would have put them down in 7 days because they didn't have space or money to care for them. And even though they were both lucky I know that isnt the case with them all, because if it wasn't for my and my BF both re-arranging our lives when we found those two puppies they both wouldn't have had homes

Yay webkinz Shelter pets!!!!!!
prettyirishgirl is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #490

Dictionary is a jewel in the roughDictionary is a jewel in the rough

This is an amazing idea because it would help circumstances that webkinz owners are affected by. I think this should definetly be put into action because as a pet lover and a current volnteer at a local humaine society i see how many poor animals there are out there and how uneducated the public is about the care of animals.
I love that you put so much effort into this and i hope it goes somewhere!
Dictionary is offline Female
Closed

Tags
amazing idea, animal shelter pets!, awesome idea!, c'mon ganzzzzz, cheezeiful!, do it webkinz please?, eccheeze, excellent! ~lucky4me, ganz are you listening?, help animals!!!!, help pets in need!, help the animals!, i love this idea!, i ♥ this idea! ~snowwie, indy's idea!, lookie here ganz!, make a difference!, mp was here!, niceidea!♥, save the animals!, save the shelter pets!, shelter pets!, uh-ma-zing!, use this siggie!, yeah! ♥pets