Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #341
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated with new signatures you can use!

I was just doing a little surfing through WI while waiting for the Clubhouse to be up and running again (continuing my ghost hunt) and happened upon this gem of a thread!

Heck YES! I would pay a little extra for a Webkinz pet knowing valuable dollars were going to help out animal shelters.

I am allergic to cats but I still have one (which we got from a no-kill shelter) and we absolutely adore him - he is a member of our family. We had to bathe him a lot when we first got him (something he absolutely hated!) but I'm now mostly immune to his dander so he no longer needs to be put through that "torture"!
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #342
ell, Hello
Webkinz :)

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated with new signatures you can use!

View Post Originally Posted by peggios
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
I just thought I would share the pictures of my three precious pets that I adopted from the shelter!!! White Jack Russell Terrier-Poppi, black and white Jack Russell Terrier-Tessi, Kitty-Pollianna

I just love your "babies"!!!!!!!! Shelter animals are truly the best because they are just looking for someone to love them! I would spend extra for that definitely!!!!!!!!!

BTW, that is my shelter puppy Molly!!
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #343
webcrazy has a spectacular aura aboutwebcrazy has a spectacular aura about

A Perfectly FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!

All of your ideas you've expressed were brilliant.
Love the collar ideas (only available with shelter pets), special pet items, a specific area in WW (like caring valley), and of course a portion of the sale to go to a shelter - love all the ideas!!!

I would definitely support this. I hope Ganz sees this - or I would urge you to contact Ganz.
Looking forward to seeing these one day.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #344
LikeRain

LikeRain is a glorious beacon of lightLikeRain is a glorious beacon of lightLikeRain is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Award 

You are so creative...I love your ideas! Pets from shelters are THE BEST PETS. I support shelters as much as I can, and I would CERTAINLY buy a Webkinz product for a few extra dollars that would support shelters, too.

Your in game ideas for collars and room themes are great, too!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #345

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

View Post Originally Posted by Maine
I agree. Ganz shouldn't be selffish. They should be selfless! If they made shelter pets, every dollar would go to the shelters around the world. If you wouldn't have made this idea I wouldn't want to help sheltered animals as more as I already do.
Yes, exactly - And Webkinz Shelter Pets would be a very selfless act! Wow, that really makes me feel good. That is exactly what I am trying to do, I am SO glad I was able to accomplish that!

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 10-30-2009 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Reworded to make more sense
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 PM   #346

lizzy09 is on a distinguished road

Pound puppies are the best!!!! I wouldnt think of getting a new dog from anywhere else. I think this is a great idea. Another way they could generate more money, is sell the caring valley tags (or a new series of tags) at the e-store, that way it would generate even more profit that could to charities. and i love the caring valley red tags. I would pay the same price for just the tag even wout the plushie, in fact i load the red tags on my acct and give the lil kinz to my daughter for her acct. Lizzy
lizzy09 is offline Female
Old 10-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #347

unsoclbuttrfly defies all odds
unsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all oddsunsoclbuttrfly defies all odds

I think this is a fantastic idea, and I would gladly pay more for a webkinz if part of that money helped no-kill shelters. Both of my cats are from a no-kill shelter, and they are not merely pets, but members of the family. I've always supported no-kill shelters and would be thrilled to merge my interests and have my WW addiction also help support such a wonderful cause. Thank you for putting this idea out there. I really hope Ganz hears this idea and gives it serious thought.
unsoclbuttrfly is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #348

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

View Post Originally Posted by Catlover200710
I think its the best idea anyone has ever gave on WI! You rock! And hopefully it comes through to being real! I agree with the mix breed pets. They'd be really cute! And you could like design your own. I'd make it look like my kitten, Blazer. He'd love it. Lol. (He's already ate my yorkie webkinz) Well GREAT idea again! Have a good day!

~Catlover!
Aw, thanks! That means a lot! I sure hope so! That's great! Aw, that is a neat idea! Silly Blazer LOL! Thank you, you too! Thanks for posting, I really appreciate it

View Post Originally Posted by xxaeroxx
I got my guinea pig from craigslist for free because the lady was going to give her to the SPCA.
They're wonderful pets- and usually cheaper I support this all the way! great idea!
Good for you! They are definitely fabulous pets! Thanks, I am so happy to hear that you support it! Thanks for posting and for sharing your story!

View Post Originally Posted by tigergirl890
This is a really good idea! I'd probably be one of the first people to buy it! I just love animals and Webkinz plushes. So it adds up to happiness! I mean,wouldn't it hurt if Ganz just gave up a tiny,little,bitty, or their money to chairty?

~Awnie
Thank you Tigergirl890! That is really great to know! I do too LOL. Yeah, I think they could do that without losing profits. Thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzLuvr6
WOw! Good idea. I would definitely do that. Both of my dogs(former and current) were from the local SPCA. Jake was a bday gift for my sis, and Chloe was bcuz Jake died and I cannot live for long without a furry buddy. Chloe was hit by a car after running away and broke her leg. Her eyes just screamed please, please help me. I plan on volunteering there soon. This would be the smartest thing ever for Ganz. Awesome!
Thank you! Aw, that means a lot! Good for you! I am so glad you saved those animals lives! I know what you mean, I am sorry that Jake died. But, I am glad you got Chloe. Was Chloe hit after or before you got her? Good for you! We need more people like you! Haha, I think so too, now if we can only convince Ganz . . .

View Post Originally Posted by Blackie_Lab2003
This is such a great idea! What about also if we get a Shelter pet, we can also adopt a virtual Webkinz that were lost because the accounts they were on expired? That would add to some heart and promotion.

Back in 2003 we rescued my dog, Sparky, off the streets, and when we brought him to the animal shelter, even though he was only a pup, it sadly wasn't the first time they've seen him. They allowed us to adopt him if no one claimed him for a week. No one did, and now he has a good home.
Thank you! Hmm . . I think that is a great idea and would definitely encourage more people to adopt Shelter Pets, but I think it would be complicated for Ganz. However, you never know - Ganz HAS done things this difficult in the past. I love that you are thinking and contributing your ideas nonetheless!

Aw, poor Sparky. I am SO happy to hear that you rescued him AND you got to keep him! That is such a magical story! Thanks for sharing all you wonderful comments!

View Post Originally Posted by mom w charm
This is a really great idea !! Very good thinking !!
Thank you! I really appreciate it!

View Post Originally Posted by browndoglover12
Amazing idea!! I have wanted a shelter animal. If my cat has passed away i will ask my parents about getting a kitten Lets hope GANZ makes this beautiful idea.
Thank you!! Good for you! That is wonderful, and you will make SUCH a difference in that kitten's life. Thank you, I sure hope they do.

View Post Originally Posted by celinab123
This is such a good idea. I love cats and i can't stand going to a shelter and seeing all them just caged up and unwanted. I have 2 former shelter cats also and they are a lot happier then being in that dirty old shelter. It would be great if ganz used our ideas for ONCE...
Thank you. I know exactly what you mean, it is super hard to see them, and I don't think it's possible not to feel sad. Good for you! I absolutely LOVE hearing stories of success from shelters! Haha, no kidding!

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 11-01-2009 at 10:46 AM..
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #349
Call me Gabbee

idance510 is a name known to allidance510 is a name known to allidance510 is a name known to all

I think a lot of animal lovers out there would buy one of these stuft animals. Even people who do not play webkinz or dont know what webkinz is might buy a pet. I mean some old lady could be shopping in the store and see a webkinz. She would bu it because it is cute and it helps animals. I think we should start a petition. I will start a petition. Read my next post.........
idance510 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #350
Hello!

cah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wondercah117 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by idance510
I think a lot of animal lovers out there would buy one of these stuft animals. Even people who do not play webkinz or dont know what webkinz is might buy a pet. I mean some old lady could be shopping in the store and see a webkinz. She would bu it because it is cute and it helps animals. I think we should start a petition. I will start a petition. Read my next post.........
Yeah! Lets start a petition! I would definitly buy one. Maybe we should all contact Ganz!
cah117 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
amazing idea, animal shelter pets!, awesome idea!, c'mon ganzzzzz, cheezeiful!, do it webkinz please?, eccheeze, excellent! ~lucky4me, ganz are you listening?, help animals!!!!, help pets in need!, help the animals!, i love this idea!, i ♥ this idea! ~snowwie, indy's idea!, lookie here ganz!, make a difference!, mp was here!, niceidea!♥, save the animals!, save the shelter pets!, shelter pets!, uh-ma-zing!, use this siggie!, yeah! ♥pets