Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #231
Lil Kinz
tigger78 is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

I think this idea is cool and I would be willing to spend a couple more dollars to help the shelters out. Even if they cost two dollars more, two dollars would add up really fast for each "Shelter Pet" adopted. They could even go to the local animal shelter and pick up ideas for what their pets could look like from the animals there.
tigger78 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #232
texasanne
Gift Guru

TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

You have a warm and loving heart. Thanks for sharing this great idea. I love animals, especially my kitties. It is hard to imagine that so many cats and dogs go unloved every year.

The most responsible thing to tell everyone, please get your pet spayed or neutered. This greatly reduces the amount of unloved animals on the loose.

If I had more money and more space, I would adopt several more cats. I hope this helps get the word out to our fellow Webkinz lovers!!!
TexasAnne is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #233
Webkinz :)

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by birthdayman98
I think that everyone who agrees should go into webkinz world and go to the suggestion thing, and copy and paste the following into that box and send it, then maybe someone will see it and it will be considered!!! I took alot of IndyandLucky's idea, and also put my thoughts in it, which agree to alot of you guys. IndyandLucky, feel free to copy and paste this into the first post of this thread!! Also, please say birthdayman helped put it together, thanks!!! xD

Dear Ganz,

Did you know that 6-8 million perfectly loveable pets enter shelters every year? And only 3-4 million of those loving animals find a home. What happens to the rest you ask? Well, they either spend that year being lonely and unloved, or they are euthanized. These animals deserve a loving home.

I know that some families simply can’t have animals in their home. Why, allergies affect 40 to 50 million Americans. Of course there are other reasons as well, like money, responsibility, restrictions in your area (like an apartment that doesn’t allow pets), and changes (like moving, new job with more traveling, etc.). But, there are ways around these barriers. Some people who care, those loving people who have allergies still own pets because they do all they can to help protect these poor animals.

THE IDEA HERE:
Webkinz Shelter Pets.
HERES HOW IT COULD WORK:

This would be a wonderful sales opportunity for Ganz. The general idea is to have “special” cats and dogs that are not one specific breed become a part of the Webkinz family. In short, Webkinz Shelter Pets is like Signature pets combined with Caring Valley Pets. These pets would probably cost more than a regular Webkinz, (probably adding $3-5) because that way, Ganz still has their profit, and if they donated a portion of the extra $3-$5, shelters still get a good portion of the money.
As with any product, there is only so many animals that can be Webkinz. Webkinz already features lots of dogs and cats which are already a specific breed. This product would greatly increase their ability to branch out to new Webkinz, because there could be a brown dog, black dog, (I think you get the picture.)
In order for people to be encouraged to pay more, it is almost obvious that they would have to include something else with the pet. I thought it would be really cool if each specific pet would be completely different from the other. All mixed breeds are unique in their coat and coloring, so I think this would be a great way to show kids that being unique is a benefit, not a disadvantage. I am aware that this might be impractical, but you guys (Ganz) are great and have done harder things to make their customers happy. Just like any pet, it’s pet item is very important. A basket bed, or perhaps a paw print mattress would be great pet items in my mind. Also, one thing that Webkinz have never had is collars. On the dress your pet section, maybe you guys could make a new box for collars.
So I think you see what we are saying. GANZ would be a more known company, they would be doing a wonderful thing, and more people would buy "Shelter Pets", because they know the kids love the plush, and when they get older, realize that they did a good thing. Also, they would buy the real pet, giving that animal a chance.
Thank you for reading!
I like the way you're thinking, but this is too long to fit in the suggestions for Ganz box. Thanks for posting, and I love your summary!
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #234

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by crum98
Or the pets could all be kinds of mutts!
Yeah, that is kind of the idea. Thanks for posting!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #235
:(
Gifted

speedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud of

I love this idea I came back to post again! I'd adopt all the pets as I love animals!
speedieblonde is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #236
ℓιѕα♥

Slingy1O1 will become famous soon enough

That is an amazing idea! I actually adopted my four dogs, Jackie, Tei, Rascho, and Fable, not too long ago! They are amazing pets and I think everyone should adopt from the animal shelter! (:
Slingy1O1 is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #237

View Post Originally Posted by rockstar9527
There needs to be more people like you, because you truly are an animal hero
You could help many animals in need, so good luck with this genious idea and go save some animals! Thank you so much for all you've done for animals so far!
Aw, thanks so much rockstar! Thank you so much, I will do everything I can do make this work. You are welcome! Thanks for posting!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #238

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzbeanie
This is a GREAT idea! I would buy about 100 dollars worth of Webkinz if I knew it was helping!
Thanks! That is good to know! Thanks for posting!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #239

View Post Originally Posted by jj8
you are an amazing pperson! it is really cool idea and i think you were a true genoius to do this thread!! gsnz should really read this!

so like maybe ganz could use half the money to help save hurt or endangered animals!?!?!

We got my dof from a gasstation lol we met the man there i knmow that we were considering the thought of getting a shelter dog!! i am excited to say that about 2 years ago we got a shelter pet they had found gthe pet trapped under a fence!!!

i am very interrested in pets and the fact that mean people are harminmg them!!!Me and a freind are putting a little of ou money aside to donate to this fubd to help buy medicine and fod for hurt animals!!! I love animals dogs inpparticularly but i stil am a fan of animals i have never realy liiked cats until when we werre at a shelter loking for a pet i saw the cutest cat ever! Yet it was mis in its ear because it was mistreated i was s oin love with it and found iout that my aunt *a parttime vet* was adopting hrer becauuse they are loving people who love animals!!

I was very excited that i could be able to play with he whenever they named her makenzie after my grandma's freind i was thriled to play with it after they had gotten it but 4 years later i was walking home with my freind to there house *they live near my aun'ts houe* and i was stoping by to sayhi to herand i wanted to show my frfeind but when i knocked on the door my uncle opened the door and said "Hey sarah,i have some bad news...........makenzie stopped breathing when i woke up she was laying on the couch and when i felt her she was cold and not breathing" yet the fact was horrible but i was so sad!!! she was an amazing animal but she stoped breathing!

I am yet happy to say they got 2 more cats gthat were twins! It is actualy good that i am over her yet that fact that she was my avoritist cat ever!!! it ealy broke my heart when she passed away!!!

i am a very glad person that this wonderful thread was made!
Thank you! That means a lot!

That is another idea, yes.

I imagine that dog was very happy to have a great home! Congrats!

Yes, everyone needs to be more aware of how animals are being treated. If people know, then they can make a difference. I am so glad your aunt adopted it! Oh, I am so sorry about Mackenzie.

Thanks you! I really appreciate it!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #240
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

this is the best idea i have ever heard! Wow! I'm.....speechless!
Closed

Tags
amazing idea, animal shelter pets!, awesome idea!, c'mon ganzzzzz, cheezeiful!, do it webkinz please?, eccheeze, excellent! ~lucky4me, ganz are you listening?, help animals!!!!, help pets in need!, help the animals!, i love this idea!, i ♥ this idea! ~snowwie, indy's idea!, lookie here ganz!, make a difference!, mp was here!, niceidea!♥, save the animals!, save the shelter pets!, shelter pets!, uh-ma-zing!, use this siggie!, yeah! ♥pets