Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #211
Is in love with

webkinzbeanie is a name known to allwebkinzbeanie is a name known to allwebkinzbeanie is a name known to all

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

This is a GREAT idea! I would buy about 100 dollars worth of Webkinz if I knew it was helping!
webkinzbeanie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #212
Webkinz :)

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by peace1430
Fantastic idea IndyandLucky!!! I hope that Ganz is responsive to this idea ~ I would DEFINITELY support this cause!!
My first dog was from the SPCA and she was the BEST dog ever!!! For years after she died I had a hard time even thinking about getting another dog. So when a neighbor found that one of the feral cats around her house had just had 3 kittens we were in love We were never cat people but the kids and I would feed them every day across the street in a wooded vacant lot and hold and cuddle them. Our goal was to eventually get them to eat at our front porch and they slowly shifted this way. One of the cats was sick and got hit by a car, we all cried so much even though he never let us hold him ~ he was a screamer & scratcher (named monster ~fitting). We had been gone to dinner at a friends house until after dark. Our neighbors came over to tell us what had happened and that they had him in their garage in a box for us. My husband proceeded to get the shovel and dig a grave in the dark for this poor kitty.
We were heart broken over the loss of that kitten so we decided to start letting the twins, (because they were both white-ish and born together) Pinky & Smudge, come in the house after the kids went to bed so we could play with them and see how they did inside. We loved playing with them inside & out! When it started to get cold outside (about 4 months old) we let them in one day and they never wanted to go back out again! They were my babies , I loved them so much!! I had them for 8 years and finally my allergies just couldn't take it, I was sick all the time, I had to find them a home. Thank the good Lord that He allowed us to cross paths with an elderly couple who had a Himilayan before and were ready to adopt BOTH of my kitties lovingly!
We also had a kitten from the same mama's second litter that we had to get rid of as well, we had 4 cats inside and 7 outside. I then went on a mission to use our counties feral cat program and through many trips hauled ALL the ferals between my neighbor and my house within a week's time and got them spayed & nuetered.
The cat we have in the house now is my oldest sons cat and she is on the other side of the house from me so I can tolerate the allergy with her. My kids couldn't bear to part with all of them. This one was dropped off at our door from another neigbor.
We also had a rabbit that we got from a friend who needed to find homes for the babies. We have a bird ~ only pet bought from a store.
We ended up getting a dog for my youngest son (he LOVES dogs) and this one came from a rescue shelter group. The previous owner had to go into hospice and had no other choice but to give him up. We paid a small amount of money which went right back into the shelter to cover the costs of running their group, we had no problem with that in hopes that the other dogs they had would one day be adopted!

I think that the best pets come from shelters and strays!!!
I will be sending a note to Ganz about this idea! It is well worth there time and effort to check into!!

Great job
Peace1430 - Thanks so much! Wow, the content and length in your post is wonderful! I LOVE to see people write such heartfelt posts! I hope Ganz does this too! I really do. That is wonderful to know, Peace!

Wow, and I can almost bet that your 1st dog was so grateful to have such a great life and I KNOW your dog loved you with all it's heart. I can only imagine how difficult it was for you to move on after such a great dog passed on. I know I will be an absolute mess when my two kitties pass on. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. They play such an important role in my lives, and they are the sole reason that I made this thread. Yes, love comes to us in the strangest ways. I am very glad you became "cat-people", cats may be different from dogs, but they still (in my opinion) are one of the best animals out there. I am very glad that you were able to somewhat tame them. When we found a feral kitten with a droopy eye and other health problems, let me tell you, he was anything but tame! Luckily, my father was able to put him in Indy and Lucky's old cat carrier and take him to the vet. I am very happy to say that he is doing well now and is living with an old lady on a ranch. I know the love and affection of a cat takes time, especially to a cat who hasn't had any experience with humans. It must have been a long process to get the cats to come to your front porch. Oh, I am so sorry. Even though he may not have let you hold him, I imagine he valued your love. I don't blame you for crying. On long car trips, if I ever see a ran-over dog or cat, I immediately start to tear up. Your husband's act reminds me of something my father would do. Sounds like Pinky and Smudge soon became house cats LOL. I can totally relate to you with allergies. I have had horrible allergies my whole life. So, since I wanted so badly to keep my cats, my father and I transformed his old wood shop and 3rd car garage, connected to our house, as a kitty house. Now, it has rugs, scratching posts and air conditioning. My cats just love it! We have a big, enclosed backyard that they love to explore. My cat Indy has even taken to liking my tree house! It is so fortunate that Pinky and Smudge found a loving home. It seems like that doesn't happen as much as it should. Sounds like you found the perfect owners for them. Your mission sounds absolutely wonderful! You make the world a better place! I am glad your kids have inherited your love and kindness for animals. A lot of kids take animals for granted and don't take them seriously.

I agree. The best pets are rescues, former shelter animals, and strays. And the thing about it is, they deserve a home. Thanks for your post! It really made my day! From what I can tell, you sound like a great person.

IndyandLucky
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #213
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

you are an amazing pperson! it is really cool idea and i think you were a true genoius to do this thread!! gsnz should really read this!

so like maybe ganz could use half the money to help save hurt or endangered animals!?!?!

We got my dof from a gasstation lol we met the man there i knmow that we were considering the thought of getting a shelter dog!! i am excited to say that about 2 years ago we got a shelter pet they had found gthe pet trapped under a fence!!!

i am very interrested in pets and the fact that mean people are harminmg them!!!Me and a freind are putting a little of ou money aside to donate to this fubd to help buy medicine and fod for hurt animals!!! I love animals dogs inpparticularly but i stil am a fan of animals i have never realy liiked cats until when we werre at a shelter loking for a pet i saw the cutest cat ever! Yet it was mis in its ear because it was mistreated i was s oin love with it and found iout that my aunt *a parttime vet* was adopting hrer becauuse they are loving people who love animals!!

I was very excited that i could be able to play with he whenever they named her makenzie after my grandma's freind i was thriled to play with it after they had gotten it but 4 years later i was walking home with my freind to there house *they live near my aun'ts houe* and i was stoping by to sayhi to herand i wanted to show my frfeind but when i knocked on the door my uncle opened the door and said "Hey sarah,i have some bad news...........makenzie stopped breathing when i woke up she was laying on the couch and when i felt her she was cold and not breathing" yet the fact was horrible but i was so sad!!! she was an amazing animal but she stoped breathing!

I am yet happy to say they got 2 more cats gthat were twins! It is actualy good that i am over her yet that fact that she was my avoritist cat ever!!! it ealy broke my heart when she passed away!!!

i am a very glad person that this wonderful thread was made!

Last edited by jj8; 07-28-2009 at 11:10 AM..
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #214
dumbbird3

Rockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud ofRockstar45 has much to be proud of

I have not adopted a pet from the animal shelter. But my family has a really big heart for animals.
I think it is great that Ganz is giving money to shelters. I love your idea IndyandLucky. I also think if enough people join together we can help the animal in shelters find loving homes.
Rockstar45 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #215
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

i now i posted a haldf an hour ago but i re-read what you wrote and am heartbroken because so many aniimals are really hurt!!! I love dogs andif you read my other post found love with a wonderful cat! I also like hamsters and bunnies and gerberls tons of my freinds have them!!! Even if you are allergic *my sister eyes bget red and itchy around cats* she stil loved visiting mackenzie!! she would take benadrel and go love on them when we got therre!!!! i saw a vidoeo on the internet of these 2 men hurting a poor inosint dog by pputting him/her in an oven and baking the dog!!!!! but i think they got arrested or something but tghey hurt a poor inocennt dog!!! i was so mad i almost broke my screen!!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #216
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

That sounds great! I will support Webkinz shelter pets! I have changed my signature to a special phrase saying, I support Webkinz shelter pets, Do you? Doggies are special too!
I got my dog from a lady, He used to be a tiny little doggie, Now you see him as a grown and cute dog!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #217

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by trueblue
that is an awesome idea, rep for you!!
Why thank you!
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #218
Call me Sara! :-)

030789 is just really nice030789 is just really nice

What a wonderful idea! I have a dog from the shelter (although he's pretty much untrainable and spends most of his time outside). I think Ganz shoud do this. They have enough money to reach out and help the community a little more.
030789 is offline Female
Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #219
Gift Guru
Luckyquiggle1234 has disabled reputation

This is an amazing idea! With everyone complaining about Ganz's recent additions like crazy to earn money, I'd love to see them add something new to help the world!
Luckyquiggle1234 is offline Male
Old 07-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #220

luvwbknz is on a distinguished road

you updated it again! Awesome! Well i sent a message to you IndyandLucky so good luck with all your work!
luvwbknz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
amazing idea, animal shelter pets!, awesome idea!, c'mon ganzzzzz, cheezeiful!, do it webkinz please?, eccheeze, excellent! ~lucky4me, ganz are you listening?, help animals!!!!, help pets in need!, help the animals!, i love this idea!, i ♥ this idea! ~snowwie, indy's idea!, lookie here ganz!, make a difference!, mp was here!, niceidea!♥, save the animals!, save the shelter pets!, shelter pets!, uh-ma-zing!, use this siggie!, yeah! ♥pets