Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #191
Webkinz :)

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

View Post Originally Posted by girleygirl495
I agree. I love animals. Once I get older (2-6 years) I'm going to volunteer at the humane society to save animals! In a month or so my family is going to save an animal from the humane society! Once I entered a fundraizer for the humane society. You had to make a poster of your pet and on it had to tell a dramatic story of how you got your pet and I won! To enter you had to donate money of cousrse! Also my family once donated food to the humane society! I LOVE animals and want them to be safe! If you don't know what the humane society is its an animal shelter! LOVE animals! This shows I agree!
Aw thanks! I love animals too! Good for you! They will definitely need all the help they can get! Wow, you are just doing so many things to help animals in need! I am so happy for you and very glad that you are doing all these wonderful things! Thanks for sharing these - It's good to know that some people want to make a difference. Congrats on winning! I love animals also! Thanks for agreeing. But, most of all, thanks for helping all those animals.
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #192
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

That is a wonderful idea!! I had one shelter dog when I was really young. His name was Boe and he was wild!!!
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #193

Sparkle! is a splendid one to beholdSparkle! is a splendid one to beholdSparkle! is a splendid one to beholdSparkle! is a splendid one to behold

awesome idea!
Sparkle! is offline Male
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #194
YAY finally a

bookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant future

i agree awesome itea i think it would be very good for ganz to do that

rep + star for you
bookworm12 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #195

pinkpiggie42 has a spectacular aura aboutpinkpiggie42 has a spectacular aura about

yes i love that idea!!!! !!!!!
pinkpiggie42 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #196
keldustin

lbudgie8 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by IndyandLucky
Click the image to open in full size.

Introduction:
Did you know that 6-8 million perfectly loveable pets enter shelters every year? And only 3-4 million of those loving animals find a home. What happens to the rest you ask? Well, they either spend that year being lonely and unloved, or they are euthanized. These animals deserve a loving home. So, what I am asking my fellow WI members is this – would you buy a Webkinz “Shelter” pet if you knew that it would be helping animals that desperately need support, love, and a home?

Being an allergy sufferer, I know that some families simply can’t have animals in their home. Why, allergies affect 40 to 50 million Americans. Of course there are other reasons as well, like money, responsibility, restrictions in your area (like an apartment that doesn’t allow pets), and changes (like moving, new job with more traveling, etc.). But, there are ways around these barriers. I have allergies, but that doesn’t stop me from loving my two former shelter cats.

Who I am:

I am a fellow Webkinz lover, just like all you Webkinz aficionados out there. Mostly, my life is my cats, though. I adopted them from my local no-kill animal shelter four years ago, and my life has been changed forever. Indy and Lucky (wonder how I got my username ? ?) love living with me, and really love their “forever home”. If I got into their very detailed lives, believe me, you would be reading this all day. Anyway, ever since I adopted them, I have become fascinated with shelters, and do whatever I can to help them. So, a while back, I figured out how to combine my two “hobbies” into one idea. Webkinz Shelter Pets was born.
Now, (I know, finally) I will explain my idea.

My Idea:

This would be a wonderful sales opportunity for Ganz, (as many of you fabulous readers pointed out). The general idea is to have “special” cats and dogs that are not one specific breed become a part of the Webkinz family. In short, Webkinz Shelter Pets is like Signature pets combined with Caring Valley Pets. These pets would probably cost more than a regular Webkinz, (probably adding $3-5) because that way, Ganz still has their profit, and the shelters still get a good portion of the money.
As with any product, there is only so many animals that can be Webkinz. Webkinz already features lots of dogs and cats which are already a specific breed. This product would greatly increase their ability to branch out to new Webkinz, because they could have a grey tabby, brown dog, black dog, (I think you get the picture)
In order for people to be encouraged to pay more, it is almost obvious that they would have to include something else with the pet. I thought it would be really cool if each specific pet would be completely different from the other. All mixed breeds are unique in their coat and coloring, so I think this would be a great way to show kids that being unique is a benefit, not a disadvantage. I am aware that this might be impractical, but Ganz has done harder things. Just like any pet, it’s pet item is very important. A basket bed, or perhaps a paw print mattress would be great pet items in my mind. Also, one thing that Webkinz have never had is collars. On the dress your pet section, maybe Ganz could make a new box for collars.

Here are some other suggestions from WI’s fabulous readers :

A new adoption center that lets you pick out a specific pet based on a bio.

A new “things to do menu”

A menu similar to Caring Valley that lets you pick which organization or shelter your money is donated to.
Adding Endangered Animals to this idea

Making the plush pets look similar to that “Precious Moments Look”

A new Wshop theme like a vet’s office or an animal daycare

A way to heal a pet with a special Doctor Quack kit that gives these pets some TLC

A short note that describes a shelter pet’s life and encourages the owner of the plush to adopt from a shelter

Conclusion:

So, in conclusion, I want this idea to happen very much. It has always been my dream to make a difference in the lives of shelter pets, and by doing this, I hope I can achieve that dream. Thanks to all for making this all possible! Without you – my thread would be nothing like it is today. So, I just want to say . . . .
Thank you.

Also, please post your thoughts on this, believe me, I would LOVE to hear them.

Your friend,

IndyandLucky

P.S. My cats, Indy and Lucky, also want to say thanks for helping their former “Cage-Mates”!

Please spread the word about this thread! Tell your friends, and feel free to use this signature that I made. It should help spread the word!

Click the image to open in full size.

To use this, right click on it and click "Save Imagine as . . .". Then save it on your computer and upload it like you would do a regular signature. If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to PM me! Thanks!

You are a very special person and I agree with you. I try to help the animail shelters as much as I can
lbudgie8 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #197
Gift Guru

peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!

Fantastic idea IndyandLucky!!! I hope that Ganz is responsive to this idea ~ I would DEFINITELY support this cause!!
My first dog was from the SPCA and she was the BEST dog ever!!! For years after she died I had a hard time even thinking about getting another dog. So when a neighbor found that one of the feral cats around her house had just had 3 kittens we were in love We were never cat people but the kids and I would feed them every day across the street in a wooded vacant lot and hold and cuddle them. Our goal was to eventually get them to eat at our front porch and they slowly shifted this way. One of the cats was sick and got hit by a car, we all cried so much even though he never let us hold him ~ he was a screamer & scratcher (named monster ~fitting). We had been gone to dinner at a friends house until after dark. Our neighbors came over to tell us what had happened and that they had him in their garage in a box for us. My husband proceeded to get the shovel and dig a grave in the dark for this poor kitty.
We were heart broken over the loss of that kitten so we decided to start letting the twins, (because they were both white-ish and born together) Pinky & Smudge, come in the house after the kids went to bed so we could play with them and see how they did inside. We loved playing with them inside & out! When it started to get cold outside (about 4 months old) we let them in one day and they never wanted to go back out again! They were my babies , I loved them so much!! I had them for 8 years and finally my allergies just couldn't take it, I was sick all the time, I had to find them a home. Thank the good Lord that He allowed us to cross paths with an elderly couple who had a Himilayan before and were ready to adopt BOTH of my kitties lovingly!
We also had a kitten from the same mama's second litter that we had to get rid of as well, we had 4 cats inside and 7 outside. I then went on a mission to use our counties feral cat program and through many trips hauled ALL the ferals between my neighbor and my house within a week's time and got them spayed & nuetered.
The cat we have in the house now is my oldest sons cat and she is on the other side of the house from me so I can tolerate the allergy with her. My kids couldn't bear to part with all of them. This one was dropped off at our door from another neigbor.
We also had a rabbit that we got from a friend who needed to find homes for the babies. We have a bird ~ only pet bought from a store.
We ended up getting a dog for my youngest son (he LOVES dogs) and this one came from a rescue shelter group. The previous owner had to go into hospice and had no other choice but to give him up. We paid a small amount of money which went right back into the shelter to cover the costs of running their group, we had no problem with that in hopes that the other dogs they had would one day be adopted!

I think that the best pets come from shelters and strays!!!
I will be sending a note to Ganz about this idea! It is well worth there time and effort to check into!!

Great job
peace1430 is offline Female
Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #198
Gifted

trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!

that is an awesome idea, rep for you!!
trueblue is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #199

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by keen1girl
I think this is a great idea, and everyone would benefit from it. I haven't adopted any shelter pets, but I plan to. I hope maybe Ganz will at least consider this idea.
Thanks so much! I am glad that you plan to in the future. Ya, me too! Thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by dodo
Your welcome!I was glad to use the signature.
I am VERY glad you used the signature!

View Post Originally Posted by Zanney
This is a perfect idea, I'm posting a link in my siggie.
Thank you so much! Aw, I am so happy that you put a link in your siggie! That makes my day! Thanks!

View Post Originally Posted by Shooting Star
That would be such a Good Idea! I would definteley buy that!
Thanks Shooting Star! It is good to know that you would purchase one of these! The more people that say they would buy them, the more Ganz is going to listen.

View Post Originally Posted by MissMunchkin101
Poodles, Shih-Tzus, Yorkies, Maltese, Chinese Cresteds, Schnauzers, Airedales, Cairn Terriers, Pulik, and more dogs are hypoallergenic. (Good for people with allergies.)
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, a lot of dogs in shelters aren't a pure breed. But for someone with slight allergies, these would be a good choice. Thanks for commenting!

View Post Originally Posted by Sarah_Kinz
This.. Idea.. Is... AMAZING!!! I am in LOVE with animals and I would SO buy every single one!!! If GANZ doesnt make this idea.. then they are really STU.PID!!!

sorry.. i love animals.. i get carried away
Aw! Thanks so much Sarah_Kinz! I love animals too! I love hearing that you would buy one! LOL, I am glad you feel that way, because the feeling is mutual. No reason to be sorry, I am glad that my thread made you feel that way! Thanks for posting!
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Old 07-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #200
Star0222

kinzcutie is on a distinguished road

OMG I love this idea!
Oh and if they do that they better make it available in Canada!!!!
Rep for the Idea...even though it's be done before you made people remember!
5 stars!!!!

Last edited by kinzcutie; 07-22-2009 at 11:46 AM..
kinzcutie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
amazing idea, animal shelter pets!, awesome idea!, c'mon ganzzzzz, cheezeiful!, do it webkinz please?, eccheeze, excellent! ~lucky4me, ganz are you listening?, help animals!!!!, help pets in need!, help the animals!, i love this idea!, i ♥ this idea! ~snowwie, indy's idea!, lookie here ganz!, make a difference!, mp was here!, niceidea!♥, save the animals!, save the shelter pets!, shelter pets!, uh-ma-zing!, use this siggie!, yeah! ♥pets