Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #131
Webkinz :)

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! A 5 Star Idea with over 1000 views and over 100 posts! Thanks for reading everyone! :)

View Post Originally Posted by cmb123
He is out on work for about a week and, I am not sure if I will be gone to my cottage with my step-mom. I hope I will see him soon,
Cool! Just whenever you have time, Cmb123. Thanks so much for doing this! I really appreciate it!
IndyandLucky is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #132
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! A 5 Star Idea with over 1000 views and over 100 posts! Thanks for reading everyone! :)

I love this idea! For children to be able to take care of real animals, they first need to understand the responsibility that goes into feeding them, watering them, and so on. Taking care of a Webkinz pet is a great way to introduce kids to those type of daily responsibilities.

I would love to see Ganz create other options, rather than purebred dogs and cats. I know they have some, but it would be great if they embraced the idea completely, and had your idea of a shelter pet. I for one would buy it in a heartbeat, as I have two angels (other people call them dogs) who have been adopted from the Humane Society. I am a serious dog-mommy, and have even had one of our dogs DNA tested to see what their make-up was! I have nothing against purebred dogs, and have owned them in the past, and will own them again in the future, but it is important to send the message that there are many good dogs (and cats) in need of homes in animal shelters, and that by donating a small amount of the profits to charity, we really can make a difference.

My idea for a plushie would be a cute dog and cat, but what if they used a variety of different type of fur/fabric to put them together? (like all the scraps lying around after their done making the other plushies?) So that way there are different kinds of these animals, with unique markings, that are one of a kind? Since most "mutts" are a variety of breeds, I think this would be a great way to symbolize that!

Thanks for this great post, rep to you! This is a good idea, and I hope that somehow Ganz can read this and take it into consideration! P.S. these are my two "designer dogs" adopted from the animal shelter in my signature! I have even used them for inspiration in my usernames!
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #133
erika903

erika903 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is a great idea! and i love how it would be helping animals in need! maybe instead of a different kinz of marking on their foot it could be like a webkinz sign with safari colors instead of rainbow. i think that would be cool (:
erika903 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #134
adorablehusk

adorablehusk has a spectacular aura about

Donation Award 

[QUOTE=Bindidog;15048748

My idea for a plushie would be a cute dog and cat, but what if they used a variety of different type of fur/fabric to put them together? (like all the scraps lying around after their done making the other plushies?) So that way there are different kinds of these animals, with unique markings, that are one of a kind? Since most "mutts" are a variety of breeds, I think this would be a great way to symbolize that!
This is a good idea, and I hope that somehow Ganz can read this and take it into consideration!=QUOTE]

Wow! That is such a great idea! I hope that they do read and consider our ideas, I would buy those pets as well!
adorablehusk is offline Female
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #135

ChocolateCow has disabled reputation

brilliant idea indy!!! i think that the shelter animals also should not be like purbred pets...like a poodle or german shephard...but more like a mutt..... which would make it seem more like a shelter pet...great!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #136

IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!IndyandLucky is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by Bindidog
I love this idea! For children to be able to take care of real animals, they first need to understand the responsibility that goes into feeding them, watering them, and so on. Taking care of a Webkinz pet is a great way to introduce kids to those type of daily responsibilities.

I would love to see Ganz create other options, rather than purebred dogs and cats. I know they have some, but it would be great if they embraced the idea completely, and had your idea of a shelter pet. I for one would buy it in a heartbeat, as I have two angels (other people call them dogs) who have been adopted from the Humane Society. I am a serious dog-mommy, and have even had one of our dogs DNA tested to see what their make-up was! I have nothing against purebred dogs, and have owned them in the past, and will own them again in the future, but it is important to send the message that there are many good dogs (and cats) in need of homes in animal shelters, and that by donating a small amount of the profits to charity, we really can make a difference.

Thanks for this great post, rep to you! This is a good idea, and I hope that somehow Ganz can read this and take it into consideration! P.S. these are my two "designer dogs" adopted from the animal shelter in my signature! I have even used them for inspiration in my usernames!
Wow, thanks for putting so much content and thought into your post! I love to see people get enthused about this idea. I would love for children to learn a little more responsibility with pets, and these shelter pets are a great way to teach them without "messing up" on the actual pet. LOL

Exactly, I know they have a "mutt" and a domestic cat, but the "mutt" came with an exclusive, and also, shouldn't Ganz have called the "mutt" a mixed breed? It is very good to know that you would buy them. I would buy them too! I have to "angels" as well. Mine we adopted from the Local Animal Shelter. They were already 3 and 4 when I got them. Indy and Lucky (wonder how I got my username? ) are the love of my life. I once had a purebred Samoyed and I didn't like him at all. He had serious attitude issues and thought he ruled the world. I ended up giving him to a serious Samoyed lover who already had 3 Samoyed dogs. Wow! I should do that with my two cats (they are mixed breeds). You can see pictures of them on my avatar. The grey and white one is Lucky and the orange and white one is Indy. I thought Lucky had some resemblance to a Norwegian Forest Cat. What do you think? Exactly, kids are the one who beg and plead to get a new pet, and if they know that there are good pets in shelters, then they will ask for them. All they need is there favorite site and idol (AKA Webkinz) to give them a good example. I really want Ganz to make a difference, because with this economy, shelters need the help even more (as if they already didn't need help).

[Jaw Drops Open] I LOVE THIS IDEA! My cats have lots of patches and spots that are just random, but I think this makes them look cute. This would be a fabulous way to symbolize that all pets are different. Also, I think more people would buy them if they knew that their pet would be unlike any other. GREAT IDEA! Do you care if I add this to the front page? I would give you credit of course.

No, thank you for posting this. This is such a wonderful post, and believe me, it really made my day. You seem like such a wonderful person, and it is amazing what I can tell about you just from your post. It is my dream to see these on a shelf in my local Webkinz retailer. I can't thank you enough.

~IndyandLucky~
Old 06-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #137
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

View Post Originally Posted by IndyandLucky
Wow, thanks for putting so much content and thought into your post! I love to see people get enthused about this idea. I would love for children to learn a little more responsibility with pets, and these shelter pets are a great way to teach them without "messing up" on the actual pet. LOL

Exactly, I know they have a "mutt" and a domestic cat, but the "mutt" came with an exclusive, and also, shouldn't Ganz have called the "mutt" a mixed breed? It is very good to know that you would buy them. I would buy them too! I have to "angels" as well. Mine we adopted from the Local Animal Shelter. They were already 3 and 4 when I got them. Indy and Lucky (wonder how I got my username? ) are the love of my life. I once had a purebred Samoyed and I didn't like him at all. He had serious attitude issues and thought he ruled the world. I ended up giving him to a serious Samoyed lover who already had 3 Samoyed dogs. Wow! I should do that with my two cats (they are mixed breeds). You can see pictures of them on my avatar. The grey and white one is Lucky and the orange and white one is Indy. I thought Lucky had some resemblance to a Norwegian Forest Cat. What do you think? Exactly, kids are the one who beg and plead to get a new pet, and if they know that there are good pets in shelters, then they will ask for them. All they need is there favorite site and idol (AKA Webkinz) to give them a good example. I really want Ganz to make a difference, because with this economy, shelters need the help even more (as if they already didn't need help).

[Jaw Drops Open] I LOVE THIS IDEA! My cats have lots of patches and spots that are just random, but I think this makes them look cute. This would be a fabulous way to symbolize that all pets are different. Also, I think more people would buy them if they knew that their pet would be unlike any other. GREAT IDEA! Do you care if I add this to the front page? I would give you credit of course.

No, thank you for posting this. This is such a wonderful post, and believe me, it really made my day. You seem like such a wonderful person, and it is amazing what I can tell about you just from your post. It is my dream to see these on a shelf in my local Webkinz retailer. I can't thank you enough.

~IndyandLucky~
You can absolutely use anything I wrote in your front page! I love hearing about Indy and Lucky, they sound like great cats! We have two cats too, that we are "babysitting" for about 5 years while a friend is working overseas. One is a normal cat named Mazda, and the other is a 20 pound grumpy kitty named Annie. If our friends want them back, we'll have to give them back, but I have a feeling like they will be with us forever!
Bindidog is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #138

View Post Originally Posted by erika903
this is a great idea! and i love how it would be helping animals in need! maybe instead of a different kinz of marking on their foot it could be like a webkinz sign with safari colors instead of rainbow. i think that would be cool (:
Thanks Erika! I am glad you feel that way! That is also a good idea! Or, maybe it could be a paw print with safari colors. Either way, it would separate them from regular webkinz. Thanks for posting!

[QUOTE=adorablehusk;15049196]
Originally Posted by Bindidog;15048748

This is a good idea, and I hope that somehow Ganz can read this and take it into consideration!=QUOTE

Wow! That is such a great idea! I hope that they do read and consider our ideas, I would buy those pets as well!
That was a good idea! Me too! Good to know! Thanks for posting! (Wow, I am exclamation point happy )

View Post Originally Posted by ChocolateCow
brilliant idea indy!!! i think that the shelter animals also should not be like purbred pets...like a poodle or german shephard...but more like a mutt..... which would make it seem more like a shelter pet...great!!!
Thanks ChocolateCow! I agree, yes like a "Mixed Breed". Unfortunately, most shelter animals are mixed breeds, but you would be surprised, a lot are pure bred as well. Anyway, thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by Bindidog
You can absolutely use anything I wrote in your front page! I love hearing about Indy and Lucky, they sound like great cats! We have two cats too, that we are "babysitting" for about 5 years while a friend is working overseas. One is a normal cat named Mazda, and the other is a 20 pound grumpy kitty named Annie. If our friends want them back, we'll have to give them back, but I have a feeling like they will be with us forever!
Thanks so much Bindidog! I am so glad to hear that you enjoy it! I would love to tell you more about them, maybe we can PM sometime. Your two dogs sound great too! So nice of you to "babysit" them, although they may just become attached to you and your family! LOL. Enjoyed reading your posts,
Indy

Last edited by IndyandLucky; 06-21-2009 at 09:05 PM..
Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #139

landlover is on a distinguished road

I think this is a good idea. I also got a dog from the humane society. I also got a bird from someone who did not take care of her and she is great now. I like the way they have caring valley and think maybe shelter valley would be a great our furry and feathered friends.

:bokbok::gwolf::goo::easter::el1:
landlover is offline Female
Old 06-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #140
Gifted

98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!

That is a really great idea i get all of my pets from shelters and rescuing orginizations
98violet is offline Female
Closed

Tags
amazing idea, animal shelter pets!, awesome idea!, c'mon ganzzzzz, cheezeiful!, do it webkinz please?, eccheeze, excellent! ~lucky4me, ganz are you listening?, help animals!!!!, help pets in need!, help the animals!, i love this idea!, i ♥ this idea! ~snowwie, indy's idea!, lookie here ganz!, make a difference!, mp was here!, niceidea!♥, save the animals!, save the shelter pets!, shelter pets!, uh-ma-zing!, use this siggie!, yeah! ♥pets