Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

luvwbknz is on a distinguished road

Smile Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

This is the most awesome idea, my friend thought of it. She is my best friend.

Click the image to open in full size.

Introduction:
Did you know that 6-8 million perfectly loveable pets enter shelters every year? And only 3-4 million of those loving animals find a home. What happens to the rest you ask? Well, they either spend that year being lonely and unloved, or they are euthanized. These animals deserve a loving home. So, what I am asking my fellow WI members is this – would you buy a Webkinz “Shelter” pet if you knew that it would be helping animals that desperately need support, love, and a home?

Being an allergy sufferer, I know that some families simply can’t have animals in their home. Why, allergies affect 40 to 50 million Americans. Of course there are other reasons as well, like money, responsibility, restrictions in your area (like an apartment that doesn’t allow pets), and changes (like moving, new job with more traveling, etc.). But, there are ways around these barriers. I have allergies, but that doesn’t stop me from loving my two former shelter cats.

Who I am:

I am a fellow Webkinz lover, just like all you Webkinz aficionados out there. Mostly, my life is my cats, though. I adopted them from my local no-kill animal shelter four years ago, and my life has been changed forever. Indy and Lucky (wonder how I got my username ? ?) love living with me, and really love their “forever home”. If I got into their very detailed lives, believe me, you would be reading this all day. Anyway, ever since I adopted them, I have become fascinated with shelters, and do whatever I can to help them. So, a while back, I figured out how to combine my two “hobbies” into one idea. Webkinz Shelter Pets was born.
Now, (I know, finally) I will explain my idea.

My Idea:

This would be a wonderful sales opportunity for Ganz, (as many of you fabulous readers pointed out). The general idea is to have “special” cats and dogs that are not one specific breed become a part of the Webkinz family. In short, Webkinz Shelter Pets is like Signature pets combined with Caring Valley Pets. These pets would probably cost more than a regular Webkinz, (probably adding $3-5) because that way, Ganz still has their profit, and the shelters still get a good portion of the money.
As with any product, there is only so many animals that can be Webkinz. Webkinz already features lots of dogs and cats which are already a specific breed. This product would greatly increase their ability to branch out to new Webkinz, because they could have a grey tabby, brown dog, black dog, (I think you get the picture)
In order for people to be encouraged to pay more, it is almost obvious that they would have to include something else with the pet. I thought it would be really cool if each specific pet would be completely different from the other. All mixed breeds are unique in their coat and coloring, so I think this would be a great way to show kids that being unique is a benefit, not a disadvantage. I am aware that this might be impractical, but Ganz has done harder things. Just like any pet, it’s pet item is very important. A basket bed, or perhaps a paw print mattress would be great pet items in my mind. Also, one thing that Webkinz have never had is collars. On the dress your pet section, maybe Ganz could make a new box for collars.

Here are some other suggestions from WI’s fabulous readers :

A new adoption center that lets you pick out a specific pet based on a bio.

A new “things to do menu”

A menu similar to Caring Valley that lets you pick which organization or shelter your money is donated to.
Adding Endangered Animals to this idea

Making the plush pets look similar to that “Precious Moments Look”

A new Wshop theme like a vet’s office or an animal daycare

A way to heal a pet with a special Doctor Quack kit that gives these pets some TLC

A short note that describes a shelter pet’s life and encourages the owner of the plush to adopt from a shelter

Conclusion:

So, in conclusion, I want this idea to happen very much. It has always been my dream to make a difference in the lives of shelter pets, and by doing this, I hope I can achieve that dream. Thanks to all for making this all possible! Without you – my thread would be nothing like it is today. So, I just want to say . . . .
Thank you.

Also, please post your thoughts on this, believe me, I would LOVE to hear them.

Your friend,

IndyandLucky

P.S. My cats, Indy and Lucky, also want to say thanks for helping their former “Cage-Mates”!

Please spread the word about this thread! Tell your friends, and feel free to use this signature that I made. It should help spread the word!

Click the image to open in full size.

To use this, right click on it and click "Save Imagine as . . .". Then save it on your computer and upload it like you would do a regular signature. If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to PM me! Thanks!
luvwbknz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Gift Guru

Shooting Star is a WI addict!
Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!

Default Re: Webkinz Shelter Pets! Newly Updated!

Ummm isn't this the same as Indyandlucky's Thread?
Shooting Star is offline Female
Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #3

luvwbknz is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Ummm isn't this the same as Indyandlucky's Thread?
Yes she is my BFF so I wanted the word to get out a little more LOL.
luvwbknz is offline Female
Old 08-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Shooting Star is a WI addict!
Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by luvwbknz
Yes she is my BFF so I wanted the word to get out a little more LOL.
Oh Okay!
Shooting Star is offline Female
Old 08-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Yello?

Footontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonderFootontable wows us all with wonder

i will definetly support you!!!
Footontable is offline Male
Old 08-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
Call me lava

lavaloser will become famous soon enough

that would save a lot of pets.
lavaloser is offline Male
Closed