Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
estrellaSMC
Gifted

Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!

Default Webkinz Calender.

I was thinking it would be neat if Webkinz World would make an interactive calender. It would have all your pets' birthdays on it, and when you adopted a new pet it would automatically be marked on it. It would also have a check box you could select so that they don't show up if you don't celebrate birthdays, which I know is the case with some people. It would also have Webkinz holidays, like Webkinz Day and the new Summer Sensation, already marked on it.

You would also be able to personalize it by selecting the real life holidays you celebrate. This would not only personalize the calender, it would also indicate what you should see and not see. The people at Ganz would make things for each holiday (room theme in the W-Shop, special event on the day, etc. It would depend on how the holiday was celebrated in real life), and only the people who had that holiday on their calender would be able to see it, use it, participate in it, etc.

I was just thinking about people out there who celebrate holidays not celebrated in Webkinz World (like people who celebrate Kwanzaa) and how they must feel not having anything at all in Webkinz World. I also thought of people who celebrate holidays that are only slightly acknowledged by Webkinz World (like people who celebrate Hanukkah. All they have is three menorahs from the W-Shop while people who celebrate Christmas not only have a whole theme from the W-Shop, plus clothes, plus a gift from the people at Webkinz World) Kind of unfair, don't you think?

It would also be good for Christians, because there would be two different options for Christmas: Christmas (religious) and Christmas (non-religious). There would also be two different options for Easter: Easter (religious) and Easter (non-religious). They could select which type to show.

Yes, I realize this idea would take a lot of work and planning, not to mention code and potential bugs, but I think it would be great and very much worth it.
Gypsy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

Default Re: Webkinz Calender.

Wow! That's a great idea! Now I want one!
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
e're all
Webkinz :)

webkinz_<33 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinz_<33 has a spectacular aura about

Good idea! I would love a calender!
webkinz_<33 is offline Female
Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
is proud to be a
Gift Guru

Kiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talent

Yeah, I agree. Religion is a touchy subject and I think they are only really celebrating Catholic holidays. There is Diwali, Ramadan, Yule, Holi, Janmaashtmi, Hunakah, and Kwanzaa (and so many more, that I have no knowledge of) They can't be centered on one religion. How about the religious-less? I agree, they should have options for that (even though I love the Christmas theme).

I love the calender idea! I always thought they should make a calender of some sort for special events. I think it would be neat to have personalization too! I can put all of my special events!

5 stars and rep! Awesome ideas!
Kiyoshi is offline Female
Closed