Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Llamas Love WI!
Webkinz :)

sidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Trees that you can tap!

I am in the middle of the maple syrup season ( Collecting maple syrup from our friends trees) and I thought it would be cool to be able to tap trees in webkinz world. You could make it eStore or Wshop, or even a rare item. It would produce you a bucket of maple syrup a day. Please respond about how you would like that!
sidneycrosby13 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Trees that you can tap!

Hmmm...but what would you do with the syrup? Just feed it to your webkinz? (Haha, that would be weird to only eat syrup.....)

But anyways, I do think it's kinda a good idea...
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Llamas Love WI!

sidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond reputesidneycrosby13 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
Hmmm...but what would you do with the syrup? Just feed it to your webkinz? (Haha, that would be weird to only eat syrup.....)

But anyways, I do think it's kinda a good idea...
It could also be used in recipies. Like maybe waffles+milk+fresh syrup+strawberries+blueberries could make some ultimate waffle for the mega stove. And anyways the Wshop has plain honey, so why not plain syrup? The tree also could be for decoration with a pail that didn't do anything on the side.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
What is french for

maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!

I like it alot it could also be like the garden you plant your tree you water it then you harvest it
maggalina is offline Female
Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
warrior catz rule
xocaij is a splendid one to beholdxocaij is a splendid one to beholdxocaij is a splendid one to beholdxocaij is a splendid one to behold

That is a good idea! It would be fun to have some trees with little buckets hanging! (and i LOVEEEE SYRUP!!!!!) I love the idea because webkinz really needs to have gardening trees, not just seeds. Like apple tree, orange tree, pear tree, blueberry bush, ect...
xocaij is offline Female
Old 03-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

What a great idea! I guess the only odd thing is that in real life you tap maple trees in the winter so it somewhat unrealistic if you could tap your tree everyday like a the hot chocolate maker, but maybe it could be a garden item where you could tap it only every so often (instead of everyday).

Oh wow; you could also have a rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis) and it might be tappable everyday - maybe give you rubber ball each day (Native Americans of Mesoamerica had rubber balls from this tree species & it was the source of all rubber prior to discovery of how a process to make synthetic rubber). Or a quinine tree (Cinchona) that could provide you with medicine each day. Or a tea plant (Camilla) that you could harvest tea leaves from or vanilla from a vanilla orchid or chocolate beans from a fruit of a Cocoa tree . . . It could teach us all a little ethnobotany!

Anyway, I think you are very clever & your idea is very creative.
curiousg is offline Female
Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #7

LADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socksLADYVOLS88 rocks our collective socks

CuriousG- Its just the same kind of weird that lets you gardenin the winter! xDD

I love this idea though! Its so cute!!
LADYVOLS88 is offline Female
Old 03-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Llamas Love WI!

View Post Originally Posted by xocaij
That is a good idea! It would be fun to have some trees with little buckets hanging! (and i LOVEEEE SYRUP!!!!!) I love the idea because webkinz really needs to have gardening trees, not just seeds. Like apple tree, orange tree, pear tree, blueberry bush, ect...
Great idea!

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
What a great idea! I guess the only odd thing is that in real life you tap maple trees in the winter so it somewhat unrealistic if you could tap your tree everyday like a the hot chocolate maker, but maybe it could be a garden item where you could tap it only every so often (instead of everyday).

Oh wow; you could also have a rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis) and it might be tappable everyday - maybe give you rubber ball each day (Native Americans of Mesoamerica had rubber balls from this tree species & it was the source of all rubber prior to discovery of how a process to make synthetic rubber). Or a quinine tree (Cinchona) that could provide you with medicine each day. Or a tea plant (Camilla) that you could harvest tea leaves from or vanilla from a vanilla orchid or chocolate beans from a fruit of a Cocoa tree . . . It could teach us all a little ethnobotany!

Anyway, I think you are very clever & your idea is very creative.
all of those are great ideas! Ma6be you could check the progress of your tree when the bucket got filled up more each day! (25% full,50% full, 75%full etc.) The only idea that I would think would be pretty weird is medicine. Medicine is a type of drug. So technically, trading it in the clubhouse would be drug dealing. I don't think webkinz would want that.
And also, the time when you are actually able to produce maple syrup is in March (Unless February is warm) You need warm days and cool nights to have the sap flow. cold + cold= no flow. Warm+warm= too green of sap . cool+warm=perfect! It is also realistic that you would tap it everyday. Because that is how fast buckets in real life fill up.

Anyone else have any input to the idea?

Last edited by sidneycrosby13; 03-20-2010 at 01:12 PM..
Old 03-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #9

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

I think that's a wonderful idea! It would be like gardening, where you tend for the trees and then tap them so your pets can either eat the syrup or sell it in the Wshop!
brtswim is offline Female
Old 03-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #10
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by sidneycrosby13
Great idea!

all of those are great ideas! Ma6be you could check the progress of your tree when the bucket got filled up more each day! (25% full,50% full, 75%full etc.) The only idea that I would think would be pretty weird is medicine.
You are very right; I agree with you and retract the medicine idea completely. If I could remember how to make the embarrassed smiley, I would make it right here . . . (Quinine is not, by the way, a pleasant medicine & I think it was taken even by Laura Ingalls Wilder when malaria spread into the US, but regardless, I STILL agree with you & regret my medicine suggestion.) xocaij, your ideas are really good too.

The only other one that crossed my mind would be cotton plants . . . but what exactly you would make with the cotton . . . I am not sure. Clothing might be out of the question? But maybe a puffy white floor pillow?

Of all the suggestions, I still think the very best is the maple syrup idea, and LADYVOLS88 is correct that it is not so weird in the context of webkinz.
curiousg is offline Female
Closed

Tags
icanhasllama?, llamas