Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

popper2398 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation trading and people who try to scam by lying etc!! IDEA for new program? how do you think this would work???

I was reading ANOTHER post where someone tried to scam someone else by telling them the new fish and that fish's food was a new pool and then telling them the cave bed that comes with the bear is a new superbed!!! Luckily this was a person that knew what the items were! but this is HORRIBLE!!!!! I am so sorry this happened to anyone!!! I know how you feel!! I have had SO MANY people try stuff like this with me!!! It is absolutely terrible that you can't trust people! The sad part is that more than likely they got someone new or young that didn't know the difference and probably lost a terrific item because of their lies!!! There really should be a way to like give those people a strike or something like that! That way everyone can see it and will be aware! Or when you trade with someone we should be able to at the end of the trade rate that person and then each person has a score! Then when you go to trade with people you can see that information and know what type of person they are!!! Of course if that was in place it probably wouldn't be happening at all!!!
I just feel bad for those that didn't know and these people got away with it!!!
really really sad that people feel the need to trick people!
How do you think this idea would work?? Or anyone else have any ideas on this topic????
popper2398 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
ould love to make ca

kellytellmel is on a distinguished road

Default Re: trading and people who try to scam by lying etc!! IDEA for new program? how do you think this would work???

I know theres a umm a topic about this and stuff and i know when someones lying first post
kellytellmel is offline Female
Old 10-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
hopealone82

CoolBagel82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: trading and people who try to scam by lying etc!! IDEA for new program? how do you think this would work???

i've mentioned this before somewhere but i also think there should be a way to see the names of the objects the other person is putting up for a trade. i was once tricked into trading an exclusive item for some kind of snowman/ice pond sandwich (it looked like a new pond for an outdoor yard, and boy was i surprised to find out it was a lousy sandwich!)
i also think there should be more "i want's" and such options. I've been trying for weeks to get the new fall toque hat and "i want clothing" is getting me nowhere! trading would be so much easier if i could just say "i want the toque hat"!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #4
To the invisible (:

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

This is what webkinz world needs. Someone traded my friend when I let her on. She traded a super bed for a golf thinggy. Turned out to be it was food I was so mad at her! How could she not know!?! But it looked really real. I lost my superbed and ribbons and bows tree. Ug. Not fair! This person was so rude!!
Same day someone asked me to trade and they thought I would give them my superbed for a w-shop bed I was like. I am not stupid ( I never would say that ) But I was so angry at it! so i am trying hard to become gifted here. I know it won't happen here! But also I would not let someone trade there bed for a ww idem. They should also have rules there to.
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

So when you trade in the trading room it no longer tells you what the item is? I haven't tried to trade in the trading room on webkinz world in months but when it came out it used to tell you the name of the items they put in the boxes for trade. It doesn't do that anymore?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Rising to rockstardo
Gifted

kyultrox has a spectacular aura aboutkyultrox has a spectacular aura about

I think that when you put the item up there. under it in parentheses it should put the name of the item and (exclusive food) (w-shop furniture) (exclusive) (retired) (pet item) (rare) or something else so you would know what it is and like where it comes from.
kyultrox is offline Male
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #7
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

the tradeing box on the side should say this item is a superbed
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #8

amanorimm is an unknown quantity at this point

It is absoluetly terrible what people think up to scam children

---------- amanorimm added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later ----------

If I ever don't know what an item is or if it is rare or exclusive or not I just pull up the W-shop.

Last edited by amanorimm; 10-07-2008 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
amanorimm is offline Male
Old 10-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #9
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

That is really terrible,I don't see the kinzchat plus tree so I don't have that problem.
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #10

NotaBrunette will become famous soon enough

I don't want to sound mean or anything... but I have been scammed several times. And I think that the trading rooms are a learning experience for all involved. Like most things set up in Webkinz World... a learning experience. By trading you learn what items are valuable and not. What items are desirable and not. What items are food and not. I agree it would be great to see what the name of the item is. Now..whether it is exclusive or rare or whatever I think is too much trouble to go through for the trading room, although it would be insightful. The whole idea of the trading room is just that.. to trade. And if something catches your eye..then trade for it. If you are unsure, pull back your trade. Everyone has the option of trading or not. My kids are learning this.

Same goes with the gem hunt. You can be tempted by taking the cash for the gem or you can keep it and try for that legendary crown of wonders. Either way, you get something for your time. Your choice. They can take the $1000 for the W diamond or keep it and finally get their crown. The choice is theirs. They may make a mistake, but they learn from it. Does this make Arte a bad shop keeper? No. Did he scam my kids out of a gem? No. He offered them a trade.

I think it is all in good fun. Yes, there are scammers. There always will be. Teach your kids to be careful. Kids, be careful in there and when in doubt... check it out in the w-shop. Do some research on items before going into the trading room. This site is a wealth of information of exclusives and food items. Educate yourself. That is what Webkinz is all about... FUN EDUCATION!

BTW... To help myself and my kids out in Webkinz World, I have a printed list of recipes... unsolved and solved in a binder.... along with exclusives & rares and prices with each... and I am constantly updating the pet Items/foods for our "Webkinz Binder". There I have charts for the gem hunt, so the kids know what they have and what they don't have.

OK,... I am off my soapbox now. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
NotaBrunette is offline Female
Closed