Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
heeeee!
Webkinz :)

Knut is a splendid one to beholdKnut is a splendid one to beholdKnut is a splendid one to beholdKnut is a splendid one to behold

Default Trade Room List

Hello everyone,

Recently, I've been sick and tired of what goes on in the trading rooms and not just in the Kinzchat area but the Kinzchat + area as well. There needs to be a major overhaul in that area because SO many people are just so dissatisfied with the way things are running there.

There are just so many problems that need addressing: scamming, rudeness, (ugly room IMO), abusing the report button, or just immature people. How can Ganz make sure this is a safe, kid-friendly website when things like this happen EVERY minute in the trading room?

I deeply suggest that we talk to Ganz about these issues as a whole because if they realize that we all believe there are problems then they'll have no choice but to fix them.

Here is what I've come up with as "improvements" to the trading rooms and I've listed the positives (+) and negatives(-) of each:

1) A Moderator in EVERY room at all times. No questions asked.
  • + Kids and those involved in the trades will feel safer.
  • + They can view any and all trades at all times so they will know if someone is being scammed.
  • + They can stop rude and or obnoxious behavior from members.
  • + There will be no more "report abuse". In fact, they wouldn't really need it with someone there watching what is going on.
  • - The AMOUNT of moderators needed for each color zone in each room would be huge.
  • - I don't think a moderator could monitor 5 trades at once so he/she would have to continuously scan through the trades.
2) Keep a log book of your trades for future reference.
  • + I don't know HOW many times I've traded with somebody and a few days later asking to myself "Where did my item go?!" then remember (or not) that I traded it away.
  • + It can list ALL trades you've completed, when, what zone, with who and for what.
  • + It could be easily accessible like the [Dress Your Pet] button and a book would open.
  • + If you're ever swindled out of a valuable object your proof would be there ... Like you gave up "Artist Palette Super Exclusive Bed" for "Webkinz Year 4 Picture" and someone said it was some interactive picture.
  • - It might slow down your computer to have an entire book of your trade collections
  • - If you're busy looking through your trades, other members might get annoyed asking you for trades and you're not answering them.
3) Rating system. To keep track of members you've traded with for YOUR EYES ONLY!
  • + If you trade with someone you can easily access it through the "People in Room" and rate who you've traded with and ONLY you can see your rating so people don't see and say "why did you rate me down?"
  • + It will help you avoid those who are bad traders, like to quit when you don't have exactly what you want or are just plain rude and those who try to scam!
  • + It makes you feel safer and more secure to be in a room with good traders.
  • - The chances of you finding someone you've traded with before is sort of slim unless they're always in the same place so it could be useless at times.
  • - It could be inaccurate. If someone bad trades you once, doesn't mean they will necessarily do it again so rating them down will make you avoid them but you might need an item they're offering.
4) Trade lists. Makes things go faster, smoother and more effective.
  • + How many times have you seen "Do you "red lava lamp" ..."no"... "bye." That's just a waste of time. I suggest the trade list that you set up on My Page that makes a list of what you have and are willing to offer that everyone can view in the trade room so if they don't have what you're after... you don't have to trade with them.
  • + It will make things go much faster as you only need to request the people you want to trade with.
  • - Some people may not update and something that is on the list might be "fresh out" or recently traded.
  • - Some people might ignore it all together. I would suspect many glitches with this one anyway.
5) Finally. A new room design. Honestly, I just think it's ugly. Unless they redid it not to long ago, there should be an update because the other clubhouse rooms have been changed.

~~~~~

Anyway, I got what I needed to say out and I hope that you all took the time to read through all of this and maybe agree or disagree. Please give me feedback because I need to know what you all think. PLEASE feel free to post more on here and I will update and give you guys the credit for the idea and all of that. If we get enough and good solid back up I would be more than welcome to write and demand or we could all "Contact Us" suggestions them and if we all write the same things we could make a difference because we need this difference. No more scammers, no more rude behavior, just fast easy trades!
Knut is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #2

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

Default Re: Trade Room List

1. I don't know if a moderator in every room is necessary, but maybe two or three per colour zone. Who would just sit in the room for a couple minutes, and if all seems fine then move to another room. So that there isn't a mod in every room all the time, but with there always being a chance that one might pop in, people might think twice before they say something.

2. Yes please!! But maybe just what items were traded for what and with who, in chronological order, so it wouldn't say colour zone or exact time. so it would be trades longest ago at the bottom of the page. Also maybe you can chooseto only show so many, so for example, past trade, past 10 trades, past 100 trades, show all trades. As options.

3. I don't know, it could be abused if you won't give someone your item, then they could just give you a bad rating. So if a bunch of people beg for items, and you don't give them your items, then you could get a really bad rating even though you actually should have a good rating. I think its a little unnessecary.

4. I don't think this is realstic, as you said, I really doubt people would take the time to continually update their lists.

5. I don't mind the way the room looks. It looks like a room that you are going to trade in, so it does it's job. But if you think you have a better room design, you can post it and see if other people also like your new room design better.

I really like your ideas and it is great that you put pluses and minuses for each. The only other thing I could suggest might be that they could change the phrases in kinz chat regular and eliminate some words and phrases from kinz chat plus. I forget them right now, but I think it will let you type garbage. So mean people say, "your items are garbage" and stuff like that. I just don't see the benefit of being able to use the word garbage. There are others but I forget them.
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

u have good idea, but in rough times, it would be hard to hire more moderators. they may happen though
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 07-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
carlyylovesyoux is an unknown quantity at this point

you do have a good idea. i agree.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #5

Ladyt has disabled reputation

I have to disagree with your suggestions, to implement any of these things would be impractical.

The simplest suggestion to solve your concerns are for you to keep a log book that you have near your computer, if you don't like what is happening change rooms, if someone is being rude, bullying or scamming report them.

The system as it is works just fine if people use some common sense and take responsibility for their own actions. I dislike the bullying that I have heard about but as an adult I can deal with bullies, as a parent I can deal with bullies for my children as I supervise them if they are in the trade room.

Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion though.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
heeeee!

Knut is a splendid one to beholdKnut is a splendid one to beholdKnut is a splendid one to beholdKnut is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Ladyt
The system as it is works just fine if people use some common sense and take responsibility for their own actions. I dislike the bullying that I have heard about but as an adult I can deal with bullies, as a parent I can deal with bullies for my children as I supervise them if they are in the trade room.
Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion though.
That's what I'm worried about. Some people just don't use common sense and I'm not saying that is right, but sometimes people are too young and don't understand or can be immature and feed the flames of other scammers, bullies, etc and then get reported themselves! Sometimes it's annoying to see that in the room and you wish you could just tell them to be quiet. I just wish it could be fast, easy and effective (which it is for 50% of the time ... but is not good enough for me) all the time!
Knut is offline Male
Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #7

Ladyt has disabled reputation

I understand and respect your point of view. In an ideal world this would not be an issue. But this is what parental supervision is all about........each child's parent SHOULD be watching over their child, and when these types of issues occur it is upto that supervising parent to guide the child or remove them from the situation. I don't believe in allowing children into chat style rooms or forums without supervision, I take responsibility for myself and my children and will continue to do so until my children are old enough, mature enough and responsible enough to do so for themselves. I also believe other parents should take the same responsibility. Everyone always has a choice.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:47 AM   #8

yucky8877 has a spectacular aura aboutyucky8877 has a spectacular aura about

I understand and respect your point of view. In an ideal world this would not be an issue. But this is what parental supervision is all about........each child's parent SHOULD be watching over their child, and when these types of issues occur it is upto that supervising parent to guide the child or remove them from the situation. I don't believe in allowing children into chat style rooms or forums without supervision, I take responsibility for myself and my children and will continue to do so until my children are old enough, mature enough and responsible enough to do so for themselves. I also believe other parents should take the same responsibility. Everyone always has a choice.

I completely agree. If only all parents felt the same way as we do!!
yucky8877 is offline Female
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
heeeee!

That is extremely true and I agree with that! However, if all parents monitor their children on websites like this or Club Penguin or any other kids website than half of these scammers wouldn't be able to scam along with the scammed being scammed. So, honestly, if parents supervised all kids on Webkinz than NONE of these problems would be necessary to correct and in reality that's just not going to happen.

Also, take this into consideration: What if the parent knew nothing about Webkinz? If a parent is supervising their child in the trade room and the "scammer" put up that crown food and said it was a rare food and you had up lava lamp. The parent would have no idea that this child was scamming their own child. Afterward you'd find that it wasn't a crowd and when you'd try to report ... they're already gone.

Now that's just hypothetical and I doubt that would happen on most cases, I'm just saying that sometimes supervision isn't enough. It's a good help when you have Webkinz enthusiast parents (like my own! btw ) but sometimes you need a little extra help.
Knut is offline Male
Closed