Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
In my opinion these are the top for changes (ideas) for Ganz.
1. Give us the options under the option tab to turn of all sounds and seperately all speech blurbs.
2. Replace the Webkinz logo (or Deluxe logo) on the top right hand side next to the log out button with a Map of Kinzville button that works like the log out and over rides to bring you back to the map when you are stuck in a game or where ever instead of making us log out and log back in.
3. A drop down option to take you to the end of your dock items. They have a back to start there should be a go to end button.
4. How about the ability that when you have the W-Shop open and open to Sell items, the ability to right click and say sell x amount of that item in your dock.
Please tell me what you think of these 4 and if you don't agree then what should be the top 4 changes.
Those are good ideas and it'd be nice to have those. My top choices would be moveable or removeable doors and a better system than the dock for storing large amounts of items, like closets with shelves.
But I like your suggested changes too.
There is no reason why this can't be done- each room is given an ID in a database and each item within is attributed to this ID as something in that room. Then there's another database table that maps out a grid where each one of those items sits within the room. That's how databases work for sites like this, and GANZ uses mySQL which is no different (I know this because I've seen the errors before when trying to access the site and it crashes).
When our pets enter a room, we see one room at a time. This is because the database only loads/ maps out one room plus its internal items at a time. Where it sits on the House Map grid doesn't matter- we still only enter the one room by its relevant co-ordinates.
I'll bet many of us have huge areas of our houses with empty rooms in it that we don't use or have forgotten what's in them. I have rooms that I created which are all spread out because I didn't know GANZ would introduce similar themes, and now I want them together (MALL, Theatre, Salon, etc).
I have also paid money for eStore flooring/walls and I should be able to remove/move them and put them into my house where I want them. Since this is not possible, then I should be able to move the rooms where I want.
The only reason this doesn't get done is because it would take a lot of coding on GANZ' side, and I get the feeling their programmers can't successfully complete this, as they don't seem to get simpler things right. Besides, they always put their attentions on the "quick" things- some new design for something we already have, or a new game that's exactly like a previous one... never anything really big, just the bare minimum to make it look like they actually did something with each Wednesday update.
BTW the above ideas in post #1 are really good ones too
1. Yeah, great idea. Not everyone needs them.
2. Another great idea. We often wanna bypass glitches.
3. A "go to end" choice would be wonderful too.
4. I love this one the best. We certainly need the ability to sell items in bulk.
For the posters talking about rooms please see this thread rooms.
As to selling in bulk I wish that the only items I had multiples of were from the garden. I have actually wished at times that when you win a prize that you would have the option to sell it before it went into your dock. How many charm tshirts do I really need?
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.