Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Call me Boss-T
Gifted

Bostie Luver has a spectacular aura about

Red face Take a hike Ganz!!!!!

I called a place that is located in the mall I go to and asked if they sold Webkinz Trading Cards.They are 3 bucks a pop and then I asked if I could buy the box.He said yes and he said the price is......$112!!!!!! I thanked the kind gentleman and went onto Ebay.I found one box(and many like it) that only had 1 bid and 6 and a half hours left. I checked the price and it was(including shipping and handling)...$20!!!!
I was very confused as to why Ganz makes the boxes of Trading Cards for retailers to purchase at around 100 dollars. Does anyone else feel this way and understand why I am so upset ?

Please Respond,
Bostie Luver

PS. Just to let everyone know, yes I know that Ganz can set their price to WHATEVER they want, I am just expressing my own opinion in my own defense!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
karamoo
Gifted

karamoo has a spectacular aura aboutkaramoo has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Take a hike Ganz!!!!!

I understand! I went to get a pack of trading cards yesterday, and even though my store was cheaper to buy a box ($90) that is still awfully high! That is cool that you found it much cheaper on Ebay though. I will have to check that out.
karamoo is offline Female
Old 07-31-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

i total agree! i see boxes in stores for easily over $100 and then on ebay theu sell them for $36!!
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 07-31-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
4my2kids
Gift Guru

radacortes will become famous soon enough

ganz sells thier merchandise to retailer for a set price it is the retailers that do the hugh mark up i would almost bet the people who sell the ganz merchandise on e-bay either have a vendors license and buy the stuff at price from ganz or they order a lot of the mercandise by the bulk which would make the stuff cheaper for them to buy so ther fore they can sell it at a lower price
Old 07-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
HawaiianBB
Gift Guru

HawaiianBB will become famous soon enough

I never asked how much the whole box was at the stores around here, but the nearest store to my house sells their cards for $3.49. I refuse to buy them from that location 'cause I found them for $2.99 at another. I haven't checked ebay yet, but runawaysmile has a good point! I'll double check on that before I make any bids. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
Call me Boss-T
Gifted

Thank you so much everyone!!! I was worried that people would say "Ganz can do whatever they want!!!" or "Your just jealous that you can afford to buy a box!!"
Old 07-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
4my2kids
Gift Guru

radacortes will become famous soon enough

we would never think you were jealous bostie but please be careful if you do get cards from e-bay make sure you read very carefully what you are buying their are a lot of people who don't clearly state what you are buying for example if is says sealed box you are probally bidding on a whole box but if it says 36 cards you probally are bidding on 6 packs make sure you read the sellers feed back also to see if they have a good reputation good luck on obtaining those cards
Old 07-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
Call me Boss-T
Gifted

awww thanks radacortes!
-
That same store had 2 raccoons (I just got back from the mall) and I was going to get one but they had rips in thier bellys and I asked the guy how much they were."The same as the rest are" and gave me a "What do ya think, kid?" look!! I am not going back to that store ever again!

Last edited by Bostie Luver; 07-31-2007 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed