Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Wink Stop the stealing - show outgoing kinzpost also

You read over and over how people have had items go missing. Obviously this stuff gets sent from one account to another via kinzpost in this thieving process. Why can Ganz not change their kinzpost programming to show not only what you have received for mail, but also what has left your account? Then you could pinpoint who it was that has been merrily helping themselves to your account. I know my daughter's account was hacked into; the only way I found out is I had logged on and found items that were normally stored in her halloween closet had found their way to her dock, unfortunately some had already been sent to the unscrupulous hacker. Had this option of ingoing AND OUTGOING mail been available we would have been able to see who it was. Just an idea, but I think it would benefit us all, as well as prevent a lot of unecessary phone calls to Ganz about "where did my item/s go?"

Last edited by flutterby7; 03-30-2010 at 01:51 PM..
flutterby7 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
LittleHattie has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Stop the stealing - show outgoing kinzpost also

They send it or traded away. They can put tracing on the resent kinds post and trading . But i can see how that can backfire. While it will help to catch scammers. A lot of people may abuse it . Thay traded something later changed their mind and they report it was stolen, traded without their knowledge
Better Ganz should put a password protection and not only on kinz post but also on trading room and w shop (I can see someone selling your lava lamp for 500 kinz cash as a mean trick)

I did not care before because my kid's account did not have much to still . Not any more . Now she does not know her new password , And i usually let her play on one of the extra accounts . I feel sorry this happened to you so maybe this will help for the future
LittleHattie is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

I love this idea, but also agree with LH how it can backfire.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Gifted

xxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talent

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by LittleHattie
They send it or traded away. They can put tracing on the resent kinds post and trading . But i can see how that can backfire. While it will help to catch scammers. A lot of people may abuse it . Thay traded something later changed their mind and they report it was stolen, traded without their knowledge
Better Ganz should put a password protection and not only on kinz post but also on trading room and w shop (I can see someone selling your lava lamp for 500 kinz cash as a mean trick)

I did not care before because my kid's account did not have much to still . Not any more . Now she does not know her new password , And i usually let her play on one of the extra accounts . I feel sorry this happened to you so maybe this will help for the future
^^ I agree with LH. ^^
Great idea though!
xxaeroxx is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

It sounds good in theory and it would be useful in a lot of ways. I would assume that just as when you receive mail and someone removes you from their KinzPhone & it shows up as...Someone no longer on your friends list... (or something to that effect) the same would hold true for any outgoing packages. So, you still wouldn't know who the alleged hacker could be.

I'd actually love to see this put in place to keep track of packages that I send out. I have several accounts that I rotate items to, and this would be a great option to have
kayembee is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

That is a great idea! Ganz should not help people who call and claim that there items went missing-i know it sounds rude, but at least you know who you need to delete off your friends list. I think there should be an option to put a lock on your house, like a special combo that only you know, to prevent people from going to your house. In case you want your house to be extra secure. You would be able to take the lock off or turn it on. I would probably use it ALL the time! This way, you can be sure of which items should never leave.
kittyhub54 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

I think that is a good idea! I could see the problem of an item being given to someone but later reported stolen, but I don't necessarily think there would need to be a report button. You could just look at your outgoing KinzPost and see that someone you did not know took an item, and you could then call Ganz and have them locate the item/hacker.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #8

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Wink Re: Stop the stealing - show outgoing kinzpost also

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
That is a great idea! Ganz should not help people who call and claim that there items went missing-i know it sounds rude, but at least you know who you need to delete off your friends list. I think there should be an option to put a lock on your house, like a special combo that only you know, to prevent people from going to your house. In case you want your house to be extra secure. You would be able to take the lock off or turn it on. I would probably use it ALL the time! This way, you can be sure of which items should never leave.
Oh, this might be an even better solution. Kind of like a double whammy security feature - the password, plus a locked up house. Just something to stop the thieving that goes on would be awesome.
flutterby7 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
NaNo WC: 50,000!
Gift Guru

inlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roost

I've also been thinking about this, and its a really good idea. Even if it just showed your 'Last 10 packages' sent, or something like this. That way, you always know where your items went if they were sent via kinzpost. And then, as you mentioned, if someone gets onto your account and sends a package to yourself, you can see which user the package went to and delete & block them from your Webkinz Friends List. It would make things easier, too, and would be convinient in many ways.
--Stitch
inlovewithstitch626 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Good idea! Then those people could get in trouble.. Yeah. And then GANZ could go on your account and see and all that.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Closed