Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #31
ebkinz addict! :)
Webkinz :)

ColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of lightColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: STOP THE ONLINE PETS!!!!!

I am in between.

Like mira said, the program pets are half the game. The point of them is so we can dress them up on the website, feed them, and take care of them. It can help raise responsibility in small kids. It helps them learn how to take care of a pet. Plushies don't get hungry. So that is An inportant part of the online pets.

I personally prefer the plushies also. They are fun to cuddle with
ColliesRAwesome is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #32
bflyangel
Gift Guru

bflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roost

I am an owner of Estore pets. I personally like them because as an adult I don't want the plushies. But that being said, my oldest DS is more into the plushies then online play (good IMHO) and my youngest DS is too young for online. So they both get the plushies and I get to play, lol.

I like the e-store pets but I am saving my money for the new December releases cuase they are so darn cute. I am irked about the costumes though. That makes me mad since you can't Kinzpost them and at that cost I can go get another lil-kinz
bflyangel is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #33

jdvk is just really nicejdvk is just really nice

I can see both points of view. For me personally, I like the online pets but they are WAY to expensive. In my area, webkinz are no lionger the hot toy and even though they are carried in a few stores, the price has dropped a lot(I think a big part of this is because GANZ has gotten so greedy with bringing out 6 new ones every month and retiring just as many, and a lot of people are getting tired of trying to keep up. I know I can't afford all of them, especially the way the economy is going.). In fact they don't even cost the 12.50 that the estore wants for the online only pets. The lil kinz are less than $8 before tax.
On the other hand I am running out of places for my plushies and I haven't played with them once since I got them and I've been a WW memeber for over a year. They are adorable though!

After reading all of the responses I have decided not to buy the monster even though I think he is really cute. I had been tempted and it would have been a splurge, but this site was designed for kids and I think if us adults want to play on it, we need to keep that in mind. The kids want the plushies and they should have that option.
I do uderstand that not everyone has the opportunities to buy them, so the estore does serve a purpose, just not for me. At least until they lower there prices.

Last edited by jdvk; 10-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: thought of more to say
jdvk is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #34
^Look up!^

366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold

I agree! The large webkinz in my town are cheaper than that, with the plushie!
366100068 is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #35
I'm finally a

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

I COMPLETELY agree! I barely even go on the site anymore, if I buy one at all it's because it's too cute to resist!
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #36
is kinda back...

DTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledgeDTF95 flows towards the sea of knowledge

SOSO910 I was about to bring up jsut that point. If you notice all the pets they but there excluding the Grey Wolf Would be hard to maek a plush of. The Tinkerpup looks like it's made of metal online wish would make one hard pet!! the Floral Fox would be hard because of the flowers having to be on it. The Purple Monster wouldn't be that hard but still challenging, same with the Bubblegumasaurus. But I agree that they are getting too outlandish with the pets.

~DTF95
DTF95 is offline Male
Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #37
WhiteTerrierFan

I will have to say, I do not agree. I do not buy them for the plush, because I really have no use for the plushie. I like just buying the pet at the eStore and getting the code, so it's right there, and I don't have to hassle with the pet. All my plushies are sitting in a drawer right now. They're adorable, but I have no use for them. So - I do not agree, I like the online pets.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #38
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I posted last night saying I agree.
But now I only agree 50% ...

Because there are some people that live in places where it's harder to get webkinz, so this would be a big oppurtunity.
Although as ImChocolate *Mom* pointed out all your doing is paying money for a picture. A bunch of pixels. I find that a complete rip-off ...

- Candice
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #39
HarveyMellen

HarveyMellen is an unknown quantity at this point

I am against estore as well.

I bought 1 flora fox. I got the fox and the psi and no plushie yet I paid $12.50 for a virtual item. No plushie..

I feel Ganz is taking advantage of the children, as on other sites they are begging, to the extreme of lying to get e store codes saying the have teacarts and purple lavas. Yes, I have experienced this. This one child asked can u do $50.00 for 2 teacarts and then asked to have it spread thru several saturdays so she could purchase the new items as she liked. My credit card, no way, not cool.

Now they have not given Halloween costumes in the W-shop this year because they want to sell them in the e-store! That is not fun for me, nor for any child who would like new costumes. Will this happen for Christmas too, no Santa outfits?

I disagree with Ganz's e-store taking away from the W-Shop and Arte's Curio Shop.

I believe it may have been started for the other countries that have been added because they cannot get plushies to all of them, however, it is making good traders into not so good traders.

Also, why can't we send e-store gifts thru the mail? Another Trap? Once the code is used u cannot send any exclusives or charms etc thru mail.

If they are going to to this e-store project, I would at least hope they reduce the prices, $12.50 for a virtual animal with no plushie, up to 10.00 for furniture you cannot send as a gift in the mail, only give a code.
Sorry Ganz that is just my opinion. Protect the children is my goal. HarveyMellen

Last edited by HarveyMellen; 10-26-2008 at 11:06 AM..
HarveyMellen is offline Male
Old 10-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #40
Graystripe is a
Banned
webkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by DTF95
I see what you mean.
The plushies are what made webkinz different. Well at least until copycats started coming out. Here's one question I have, if you got a Magical Retriever in tradign cards would you keep it?

~DTF95
Well that question is easy to answer. First off, I do not collect trading cards (I do not like them) and If I did, NO way would I keep it! I would give it away to some other friend. I use the plushies more than the online part!!!
webkingirl9819 is offline Female
Closed