Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
I Want a Caffeinated
Webkinz :)

junomouse will become famous soon enough

Default Re: STOP THE ONLINE PETS!!!!!

I sleep with a webkinz plush every night and I love to play with the plushies, and take them to friends houses.
I just got the cocoa dino and Lil' Kinz Chicken today (and whimsy dragon for my friend).
I completely agree, I love the eStore pets SOOOOOOOOOO much, if the had them in real life, I would probably have them all. But I wouldn't want to buy the online only and my dad wouldn't (personally, I think he likes the plushes too lol)
junomouse is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
King Hoopla

I disagree; some people may not have a store that sells webkinz near them, and buying from the eStore can be an alternative. Also, not everyone uses/wants the plushes. I haven't played with my plushies for nearly a year. Besides, the definition of webkinz isn't "a website where you use a plush toy." The whole point of webkinz is a fun, interactive wesite where you "adopt" virtual pets. However, I definitly think they should lower their prices. $12.50 for an virtual-only item is waaaaay too much.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #13
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Well, I finally broke down and bought my first e-store pet Saturday.
I got the purple monster. It was just too much for me to resist.
(They'd softened me up with the bubblegumasaurus, and I was an easy
target for this one!)

While I totally understand what you guys are saying about the plushies, I think it is just fine to have online only too. My only complaint is the price - I see no reason for them to cost that much when there is no plush production and distribution costs.

I got really weak today and spent too much, but no one twisted my arm, only
pushed my emotional buttons! LOL!

And, for those who have no place near them that sells Webkinz, it is one alternative to the plushies.

(Just for the record, I have 15 plushies myself, not counting the ones my kids have. I don't really need the stuffed animals, and would gladly get more of them as online only pets, IF they would drop the price of them. I broke down this time and paid the $12.50, but I won't be doing it again any time soon - it just isn't worth it very often.)
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 10-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #14
JonasFreak

yeah. i kind of agree but sme are cool!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #15
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Do you suppose this could be why some of the plushies get retired so soon?
Maybe they'll be offered in the e-store some day in limited editions of onlines...

I don't know though - just speculating.

I'd love to see some of the regular critters be offered as online only too though.
While the colorful ones they've had are a lot of fun and a nice addition to the Critter Corral, I'd also be happy with an online-only version of, for example, a Persian cat. I can't find the plushie anywhere near us. I've found a few online, but the prices get too high for me. I'd gladly pay a reasonable cost for the online without the plush animal! : )
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #16
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I agree sometimes I play with the stuffed anmail more then the plushie!
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #17
elitegymnast0707
Gifted

kkaitlinn94 has a spectacular aura about

yeah they should stop making all these online only pets - i love the plushes!!! especially the wolf...
and i think they are gong wayyy overboard with which pets are onlne only
tinkerpup? monster? bubblegumasaurus? floral fox?
i think they should onlyuse real animals...
kkaitlinn94 is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #18
missionarykate is on a distinguished road

Yeah, soon there will be NO PLUSHES because everyone is buying virtual ones! And they are way to expensive for some game!

-Missionarykate
missionarykate is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #19
Graystripe is a
Banned
webkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to beholdwebkingirl9819 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to all that agree! People who did not agree, you guys made some good points. Most people DO have stores with webkinz close to them but mabe some (very little) people don't. Yes, some people like online part better. But a lot-A LOT- of people I know like plushies more. Hey, maybe I'll do a poll on it. I'm definitley sending my thread (this one) to ganz though. I think they could keep some of the online pets, but make more plush ones and stop retiring them so soon!!! Or, they could make plushies (with no tag) for EVERY pet in the estore so far. Those would be some great Ideas! Once again, thanks to everyone!
webkingirl9819 is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #20
Edward♥Cullen

E-Angel is a jewel in the roughE-Angel is a jewel in the rough

I can see both sides in this argument. Yeah, little kids are going to want plushies they can hug. But the e-store is an alternitive for kids over-seas that may not have a store that sells webkinz near them. If they can get on a computer then they can order a webkinz plushie with the code or a virtual pet for the e-store.

The plushie will have to be shipped to them from the U.S. and instead of costing maybe $10 it wil cost $20 because of shipping. But if they got the virtual pet it would just be $12.50.

While I may never buy an e-store pet i think it is good that Ganz is trying to reach a wider audience of people.
~E-Angel
E-Angel is offline Female
Closed