Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

lashes is just really nicelashes is just really nice

Default Re: Stop the online only pets!

View Post Originally Posted by mathmom2
IMO, I'd rather get them online ... I normally rip the tags of and dispose of the bodies anyway. The online pets save me the trouble because they come without the body. I have donated bags upon bags to the fire departmen, Goodwill and my local dumpster. I have even left a full bag of bodies in a Target parking lot.

I have ZERO use for the bodies ... but can come up with ideas ..

The bodies can

be opened and the filling used to stuff a pillow.
be used for a beanbag toss game.
make good pet chew toy.
be stress relievers - ever rip off a tag?? or the head??
be used in a scientific experiment - how many 'beans' does a body contain?
be tossed at the monkies at the zoo.
be thrown at the TV during a sporting event. - Ever gotten mad at a bad call?
be used under a tire stuck in the mud.

Hmmm, maybe I DO need those bodies!!
You made me laugh so had that I cried. And then I almost wet myself when I read it a second time. Rep points to you!
lashes is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #52
Yay me! I'm a
Gift Guru
nire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by mathmom2
IMO, I'd rather get them online ... I normally rip the tags of and dispose of the bodies anyway. The online pets save me the trouble because they come without the body. I have donated bags upon bags to the fire departmen, Goodwill and my local dumpster. I have even left a full bag of bodies in a Target parking lot.

I have ZERO use for the bodies ... but can come up with ideas ..

The bodies can

be opened and the filling used to stuff a pillow.
be used for a beanbag toss game.
make good pet chew toy.
be stress relievers - ever rip off a tag?? or the head??
be used in a scientific experiment - how many 'beans' does a body contain?
be tossed at the monkies at the zoo.
be thrown at the TV during a sporting event. - Ever gotten mad at a bad call?
be used under a tire stuck in the mud.

Hmmm, maybe I DO need those bodies!!

Click the image to open in full size.
I think I'm going to start bringing a Webkinz with me wherever I go!
Oh the possibilities!!
nire1976 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #53
Gift Guru

Kikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

I enjoy going to the estore and don't miss another stuffed animal in the house.I don't care how cute it is it will end up in the big box of webbies under the bed.I don't use credit cards I use a debit card same as cash for me no fee. As for people who do not have a credit card they sell Master card and Visa gift cards. I fully respect your opinion on this but I for one enjoy the estore.
Kikio is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #54

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I agree 100%!

Those online pets are SO expensive and you aren't ACTUALLY even buying a product. It's pretty much just AIR! LOL! You're only buying a computer graphic!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #55
HafTaLuvMe

cmv6570 is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

I love the online pets... Yeah, they are a little pricey but, if you really think about it, we're buying the entertainment factor that goes along with them. Most of the purchases we make are things we buy but can't hold onto. We spend $10 for a ticket to see a movie. We have nothing to hold onto after that. Cell phones, cable tv, satellite radio... All purchased for entertainment purposes but don't give us anything tangible to hug! I love the estore and WW. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I think that Ganz did a good thing introducing the online only pets. Some may think that it's very inexpensive to offer these pets but it really isn't. There is a lot of designing and behind the scenes work that goes into each of these animals. It takes dozens of people lots of time to design them and make sure they work in WW. Just my opinion.
cmv6570 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #56
Are we there yet?
Gift Guru

PinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of lightPinkSlicky is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm, okay I am another extremist I guess. I save my outrage and boycotting for things like unnecessary starvation, abuse of living creatures, abuse of our planet, pointless deaths, and other issues of this ilk. Whether a company chooses to be greedy in a capatilistic society, or a consumer choices to spend their money on the like of virtual items is really a personal choice I don't wish to spend my time worrying about.

Heck, pay per view, cable, going to the movies and soooooo much more....all are
intagible means of entertainment that really just don't influence my emotions one way or another.

So, I think that puts me in the to each his own category.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #57

albinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to all

I have both & adore them all! I wish they would make the virtual only pets into plushies, because they are so darn cute!
Some don't wish to have the plushies & it works out for them! Everyone has different needs. I do think the online pets should be considerably dropped on price, but Ganz knows as long as people are paying it they aren't gonna do that!
A local gift shop here has Codes Only for sale on their website & at their store. I'm not positive if that is a Ganz thing or what, but they are all $11.99 each. Although that is cheaper than the $16.50 stores---I find big webkinz on sale at this store all the time for $7.99-$10. Go figure!
Also Hallmark has their big webbies for $12.50. I don't get why they are charging so much for the codes only.
Regardless as long as 1 person buys them, they will keep selling them. Supply & demand.

Have a great Day!!

Last edited by albinomex; 10-09-2008 at 02:51 PM..
albinomex is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #58
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

A few available if fine by me.. for people who cannot drive down to Hallmark and get one (they may not be able to afford money to drive, ect. Or don't have any stores that sell webkinz near them).
I'm just afraid that one day I am going to log on webkinz and see 'NO more plushes! ALL online only pets from now on!'.
Livi is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #59

Chupi =D is an unknown quantity at this point

If you really think about it, online pets and plush pets are the same price.

You play 12 dollars for the code, and 3 dollars for the plush. All you don't get is the 3 dollars for the pet. Sure, it's just a computer graphic, but they're actually cheaper than plush pets, which is what I(and my mom!) like.
Chupi =D is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #60

cojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud ofcojo64 has much to be proud of

Please don't throw them away. Take them to a hospital ,women;s crisis center, police station where they can be given to children that might not get toys and it might help them through a rough situation. Webkinz are way cuter than the average stuffed animal. Please be a blessing to someone with your abundance.
cojo64 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
king hoopla rocks!, uses for bodies