Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #41
Webkinz :)

Ioumercer is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Stop the online only pets!

Thank you emmlag96 for your informative and friendly reply. It is nice to know that someone with so much experience in WI is willing and available to offer me advice.
Ioumercer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #42

cgrumpyme is on a distinguished road

I myself would never buy an online only pet. My little one likes the stuffed ones too much. Plus for those who don't want the stuffed one, there are so many different organizations you could donate them to.

If Ganz wants to have online pets, I think that is there choice and may be a nice option for those who can't access webkinz any other way. However, I don't think it's fair to those people to not have all the same choices we have at the regular store. And I don't think it's fair to those of us who would like to have the Floral Fox, Gray Wolf and Bubblegumasaurus as a stuffed pet. I think all should be available online and in the real stuffed world.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #43
Rebbittz
Gifted

kendylynn is on a distinguished road

I agree & disagree!

Try to look at it from both side's:
Plush only side!
Plushie's are wonderful for those who really like the whole, "stuffed animal becomes real theory." For example~ my younger children are facinated & absolutly Love everything about the plushie's and Webkinz world!

Another example~I also have an account that I try collect things I really like in ,as well as, decorate it and put them through Kinzville academy, etc! It has all of my favorite pets in it & play on it daily too with my kids!

Online pets side!
Example~Some people find Webkinz very hard to get, maybe there is no store close by or they can't always afford e-bays high prices! (which is against Ganz policy anyway!)

Another Example~Some of us are true Webkinz addicts like myself! LOL! & we have an account set aside for collecting 1 of everything in! LOL,

Another Example~Some people have had to multiply pets to get multiply items they really like! And if you do the math that is a ton of stuffed animals! (although you can always donate them to children less fortunite in your community)

One more thought~Maybe Ganz is using the E-store to try and stop all the high priced value's & selling of virtual items on the internet by seeing if their members would prefer to buy impossible & really hard to get items at a fair price! For Example~Wish Factory~Disapearence of the Lava's?

Of course~once your are gifted through WI, you can trade for multiple items you really want, without the fear of being riped off! Example~Like some people have in Webkinz World trading rooms! And/or Spare yourself from having to spend a fortune trying to get items that are almost impossible to recieve unless your rich! Example's~Trading card series 1 Kinzville Sketched Window & some of the Trophie's!

So try & see it from both sides & work on getting Gifted here on WI as soon as you can!

Also the more time you spend here on WI the less frustrating all of the Webkinz World upsets & glitches will bother! At least that is how it is for me!

Around four months ago I was going through some hard time's & was put on bed rest during my pregnancy & the whole time I wished we could have bought a laptop, so I could at least be here while I was stuck in bed! I missed WI some much it was so depressing!

Anyway I hope this helped!
kendylynn is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #44

blisscattle is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the wolf,and never thought about when it expires .It would have been nice to get the plush with it.But I guess live and learn.Webkinz still is the best ever!
blisscattle is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #45
To the invisible (:

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

That is really lame. I am guessing that for people who don't wanna get out of the house they have this option on just getting it online. An for people who may hate stuffed animals then this would be perfect for them. But I get what your saying and I 100% agree.

_In The Sun_
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #46
OW - I love fall!
Gift Guru

Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Well as always there are two sides to every argument.

My take on this is two fold. First lets take the fact that no matter whether you buy a plush or virtual only pet the account is open one year since your last adoption, so you can pay for the year on the account either way you choose. Second, I can agree that all of the animals Ganz has made available as virtual only pets would make absolutely cool plush, but where to put all the plush animals does create a dilemma.

Bottom line you as the consumer make the choice and 'vote with your wallet'.
Red Fire is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #47
jc009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree the online pets are just ripoffs! It's just another way for webkinz to fill their pockets. They should at least send the pets to the people who purchase them! Plus, you must have a credit card to even purchase in their store. Isn't that why America is in the ecomonic mess that they are because of credit card debt! I say they should get rid of the online pets, etc.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #48

gamemaestro is on a distinguished road

No hard feelings against GANZ, but they could make totally cool plushies, but they somehow, they can't. Don't you agree?
gamemaestro is offline Male
Old 10-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #49
animalsgolden

quick79 will become famous soon enough

magical retriever is with trading cards at hallmark store
quick79 is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #50
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

IMO, I'd rather get them online ... I normally rip the tags of and dispose of the bodies anyway. The online pets save me the trouble because they come without the body. I have donated bags upon bags to the fire departmen, Goodwill and my local dumpster. I have even left a full bag of bodies in a Target parking lot.

I have ZERO use for the bodies ... but can come up with ideas ..

The bodies can

be opened and the filling used to stuff a pillow.
be used for a beanbag toss game.
make good pet chew toy.
be stress relievers - ever rip off a tag?? or the head??
be used in a scientific experiment - how many 'beans' does a body contain?
be tossed at the monkies at the zoo.
be thrown at the TV during a sporting event. - Ever gotten mad at a bad call?
be used under a tire stuck in the mud.
be used as mini pinatas at a birthday party.

Hmmm, maybe I DO need those bodies!!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by mathmom2; 10-08-2008 at 11:40 PM..
mathmom2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
king hoopla rocks!, uses for bodies