Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #31
Webkinz :)

velvetenor is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Stop the online only pets!

View Post Originally Posted by winterrocks2
I have mixed feelings about the online only pets. I like the idea of not having yet another stuffed toy in my house (both my daughter and son have entirely too many already - not just Webkinz), but I think the price is high considering what you get for it. Of course, that's one of the many things that makes this country run, everyone is able to decide what price they will, or will not, pay for an item. Obviously the price isn't too high for some and I don't have a problem with Ganz selling them...or the other online exclusives. I also think this concept of selling online pets is good for those who are unable to get out and locate the plushies, either because of where they live or because of other reasons. Too bad Ganz doesn't implement kitty668's idea of offering the same "pet" online that is available in the brick & mortar stores instead of them being online only. I think the floral fox would be a really cute plushie.
I feel the same as you, winterrocks2! (And I love your avvie, too! ) I haven't bought anything from the e-store because I honestly feel weird about spending RL cash on a virtual item. I find it interesting that Ganz is promoting this since, in another online game that I play, it is actually illegal to purchase items (or gold) from anyone for cash. But I suppose that, since it is Ganz's game, they can sell anything they like online, and I'm sure folks will buy it!

Velvet
velvetenor is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #32
bflyangel
Gift Guru

bflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roost

My kids have way too many stuffed animals so I do like the idea of the online only pets. But the price is really outrageous for not having anything tangible to hold. I do have about 4 (2 Grey Wolves and 2 Floral Foxes) but the price is stopping me from grabbing the newest bubblegumsaurs. I would buy a lot more if the price was closer to $5-8 range
bflyangel is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #33

ariisu is on a distinguished road

I kinda think it's a rip-off, and you shouldn't pay that much money for a virtual thing.
But sometimes I hate having that much plushies around... and they are getting more and more...
If the online pets were half the prize of a plushie with a code, it would be ok!!!
ariisu is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #34
momtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to all

I don't shop at the estore because I think it's extremely expensive for what you get and it upsets me that almost all of the new things are in the estore versus being available to everyone for kinzcash in the WShop or the Curio Shop. I feel like Ganz is becoming to greedy and driven by earning as much money as possible for as little as possible. Of course, all companies want to make a profit, but Ganz is raking in the dough ~ they could be a bit more generous I think. All of this being said, I doubt they will stop offering virtual pets because it makes them a ton of money with very little cost to them.

For those of you with pets just sitting around and collecting dust; have you thought about donating them? I am going to donate some of ours to the local women's shelter. The kids there don't have access to computers so they won't care about not having a code to get on. They'll be thrilled just to have something to cuddle with. Just an idea for y'all.
momtofaye is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #35
I Love Fall

d8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud of

Alot of people won't be able to get the online pet, because the don't have a credit card! I also think 12.50 is a high price for a virtual. Ganz, doesn't have to make the Plushie, so why charge so much! They lowered the Charms, why not the virtual pets?
d8471 is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #36
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

They haven't gotten rid of the plush pet, that is still the way most Webkinz are sold ~ they have just offered a new product, online pet codes. I think it's neat and a great idea ~ as an adult I don't have anything to do with all the plush toys anyways, so it's nice to have that option.

But don't worry, they haven't gotten rid of the plush ~ they are coming out with so many new ones each month!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #37
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Ok, I have to admit, I'm a mom that is addicted to Wekinz. To WI, too... even though I am just now beginning to be an active poster instead of just a reader.

I personally like the idea of the e-pets. Where we live, we often don't get the "good stuff" until MONTHS after everyone else had already adopted them. I like being able to get something new and exciting at the same time the rest of the world does. The E-pets is my chance to do that.

My children have a funch of the plushies, and honestly, they are going to be getting a TON of them during the holidays, too. We really are running out of places to keep them all. But, all the plushies we've purchases for the holidays are very old Welkinz and Lil' Kinz. We still don't have any of the newer ones around here- even though they had July and even Ausust releases.

I think all the webkinz should be made available at the e-store as virtual pets. That way the kids (and grown ups, too) can really choose from the one's they want. I also think, though, that the price is way too much for the virtual pets. Get the price down under $10 to really make it worth while.

I purchased our first virtual pet last week.... the Bubblegumasaurus! It's adorable, and it's named Mamma Girl, for me! LOL Yes, me the mom got herself a webkinz. LOL My kids thought is was so funny and teased me for hours about it, but I told them that even Mama needs a toy.

Anyway, that's my two cents. (Or 25 cents depending on how you look at it)
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #38
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

good going mama girl nh!! it was the same for me. i had to wait and wait for new things to come. it is better now that limited too is carrying them. they are higher at 16.50, but they give me 25% off coupons which help. so now i am able to buy all the new ones on the 1st day of each month for about 12 bucks each (for 6).
i love being able to go to the estore and buy without waiting and wondering if the code has already been used!! i know everyone feels differently, but i just don't feel 12.50 an outrageous price for a pet. i think 10.00 for jellybeans seeds is way over the top, but mostly i am happy with the items. if i don't feel it's worth it, i simply don't buy. i was very excited when i heard about the estore concept. we are able to get many new unique animals that we couldn't have otherwise.
in the end it is an individual choice.
jagular is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #39
^The Coolest Girl^

Jennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to behold

Yeah i like the plushies!!!!
Jennybeevee is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #40
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I think it is fine for online pets... I don't want that though, my kids like the plushies...

but maybe they should make the plushie for regular price and charge like $6 for the online only version.. that way people that don't want the plushies don't have to buy them and get a more reasonable price, and those of us that want the plushies can get them just like normal
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Closed

Tags
king hoopla rocks!, uses for bodies