Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

winterrocks2 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Stop the online only pets!

I have mixed feelings about the online only pets. I like the idea of not having yet another stuffed toy in my house (both my daughter and son have entirely too many already - not just Webkinz), but I think the price is high considering what you get for it. Of course, that's one of the many things that makes this country run, everyone is able to decide what price they will, or will not, pay for an item. Obviously the price isn't too high for some and I don't have a problem with Ganz selling them...or the other online exclusives. I also think this concept of selling online pets is good for those who are unable to get out and locate the plushies, either because of where they live or because of other reasons. Too bad Ganz doesn't implement kitty668's idea of offering the same "pet" online that is available in the brick & mortar stores instead of them being online only. I think the floral fox would be a really cute plushie.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #22

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

I'm not a huge fan of the e-store and have never bought anything, but I certainly don't need any more plush pets. Maybe the e-store is geared more toward adults who love Webkinz? I have a small house and don't need any more stuffed animals. Poor stuffed Vixen just sits on top of my computer, but online Vixen gets to play every day!

To each his/her own. If you want the plushie, great--if you don't need another stuffed animal, maybe the e-store is the place to go.
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #23
eb4life
Gifted

Web4life will become famous soon enough

I think the e-store is an OK idea. I think the price is just a rip off... $12.50 for just a code?!My first 20 or so webkinz were $10 for a code and plush! Heck, I remeber when some store near my Bubbie's house was selling webkinz for around $8 on black Friday and she bought my sister and I like 5-8 webbies apiece(We share our accounts) for Hannakuah!
I think it's good though because the online pet doesn't take up any space in your house. My sister and I have like 2 buckets full of our 50 something webkinz.
Web4life is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #24
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Learned Hand
I don't mind the virtual pets because I don't really care about the plush pets. I am interested in the online stuff but may very well donate the plush to a children's hospital or something.
That is what I do with ours. DD only needs so many plushes and DSKs are too old (in their minds) for stuffed animals. I have 4 retired plushes on my desk. The children's hospital was thrilled to get them.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #25
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

julianimal,

I want to thank you for sharing your suggestion... thought I agreed with you at first but then I had this thought:

What about animals that might be easily animated in WW, but would be really hard to do as plush pets?

The online only would be a great way to provide animals Webkinz fans might really want to see, but Ganz could make or couldn't afford to make because of cost.

I'm sorry that you don't have access to the plushies you want , but wanted to add this other thought to the mix.

Peace, Jenn
Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #26

Pegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant future

Personally, I would absolutly LOVE the pets having a Plush, I was fairly dissapointed when I found out a Plush wasn't made for the Grey Wolf. As you can probably tell, I am really fond of Wolves. The Floral Fox/Bubblegumasaurus should have a plush, but they could be a little hard to make
Ganz could easily make a Grey Wolf Plush, but I don't know about the other two

Pegasusluvr
Pegasusluvr is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #27
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by gracie503
They are only 16.50 if ya get them at Limited Too/Justice you can get them for like 12.00 at Hallmark.

---------- gracie503 added 7 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

I LOVE the online-only pets! I have both the Floral Fox and the Bubblegumasaurus. Their names are Florencia and Fruity Pebbles. I named her Fruity Pebbles because I have a Cocoa Dino named Cocoa Pebbles. The reason Ganz is doing the online only pets is so people in other countries can have webkinz too. Another reason they are doing it is because the Floral Fox and Bubblegumasaurus both are so special that it would be too expensive to make. Like the Whimsy Dragon. For the Floral Fox, if they tried to make a plush they would need to put silk flowers all over them and it would just be too expensive. I am going to get another bubblegumasaurus today actually.

i get them for 9.99 and 7.99 for lil kinz but anyway i have a floral fox, grey wolf, and bubblegumasaurus. i might get another bubblegumasaurus today (havent made up my mind yet) i think the online pets are GREAT . one of my daughters and i collect them and we have 160 or so webkinz (i have more than her lol) out of the 160, 6 or 7 of them are online pets (cards and e store). i like the online pets because the plushies take up room that i dont have, right now they are all in boxes (even hers)

everyone has their own opinion and i commend them for standing up for what they believe. if people want to contact ganz and tell them they dont like the idea of online only pets then go for it . i dont know if ganz will listen to them OR to the people who are willing to pay 12.50 for a code, only time will tell

~thats my opinion and im stickin to it~ have fun all
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #28
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

I think it's good,you don't have to buy them if you don't want to,I live in Sweden,I have to order online for like 10 gbp + shipping or buy online,I think it's good,it's not like that was your only choice.
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #29

Ioumercer is an unknown quantity at this point

How have they gotten rid of the plush toy? Did yours disappear because they now sell some only online? If you do not like the idea, simple do not buy them. This is America - you shouldn't try to force other people to think the same way you do.

Think about people out in the country that can't get to a store that sells them or people in other countries that don't sell the plush version. You would take the opportunity away from them just because you personally do not like it?

:deer:
Ioumercer is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #30
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Ioumercer
How have they gotten rid of the plush toy? Did yours disappear because they now sell some only online? If you do not like the idea, simple do not buy them. This is America - you shouldn't try to force other people to think the same way you do.

Think about people out in the country that can't get to a store that sells them or people in other countries that don't sell the plush version. You would take the opportunity away from them just because you personally do not like it?

:deer:
Thank you for the informative and friendly post.

I see this was your first post,welcome to wi! Make sure you read the faq's and rules in green under the daisy.
emmlag96 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
king hoopla rocks!, uses for bodies