Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
jackb1014
Webkinz :)

jackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to behold

Default Stop Advertisements!

There used to be a time where the ads were webkinz ads. Only webkinz ads. But in the recent months, these ads have gotten out of control! There's even advertisements for a cleaning software which could be a virus! They should NEVER have those types of ads! Lots of my friends have quit webkinz because of these ads. Now I may not even be allowed on it! That's why I think that advertisements NEED to stop!

Last edited by jackb1014; 06-23-2011 at 08:25 AM..
jackb1014 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Lookie! I'm a
Gift Guru

doggoneit is a WI addict!
doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!

Default Re: Stop Advertisements!

I support!
doggoneit is offline Female
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #3

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

Webkinz World used to be a nice, child friendly environment, but let me put it bluntly - as a piece of programming, it is dreadfully outdated. Apple's refusal to maintain Flash Player was a powerful nail into WW future's coffin. So now, WW is being used to the hilt - with ads, eStore sales, and whatever else that brings immediate income - before stopping the serves altogether and dumping the project in favor of more modern ones like Mazin' World and Tail Towns.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
jackb1014

jackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to behold

This is that cleaning software.

Click the image to open in full size.

Look at it. Just look at it.
Attached Images
File Type: pngScreen shot 2011-06-23 at 1.04.07 PM.png (28.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by jackb1014; 06-23-2011 at 12:14 PM..
jackb1014 is offline Male
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #5

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

That exedrin ad that slowly dissolves won't even let me click to go to an account. But I do realize Ganz needs the money to keep going. (You'd think our money would be enough -- lol)
jemkinz is offline Female
Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

I do understand that Webkinz needs to have ads to earn money, but come on, we keep more and more ads everyday!
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

Pitenna - the apple and adobe stuff is complicated and I'm not sure it's that relevent here when cloudbrowse for iPad is a flash and java enabled browser (albiet one that is apparently very slow), and I play WW on my iPad by remotely logging into my computer. Though personally I've had far more problems with flash since Adobe took over Macromedia.

ANYWAY back to the threads topic:- You do know you can turn the non-webkinz ones off right?

Click the image to open in full size.

^ The only problem with the above is it can stop things like the hop promos but as those are never available in my country that wouldn't bother me (Though I don't use this option as Adblock Plus is doing fine at blocking ads on webkinz world).

However, considering that I'm a deluxe member I find it rather annoying that even then you have to search for this option.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Diabetes Awareness ♥

hyjitlhd is a splendid one to beholdhyjitlhd is a splendid one to beholdhyjitlhd is a splendid one to beholdhyjitlhd is a splendid one to behold

I support! But as NedOwl said, you can do that but it may block other promotions too.
I saw a "Make a Baby" ad WHILE I was playing Webkinz O.o
hyjitlhd is offline Female
Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #9
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

The ads in webkinz world now cover 1/4 of the whole screen! That is outrageous!
I am sick of this. I'm not going to buy another webkinz until they fix all of this garbage.
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #10

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by NedOwl
Pitenna - the apple and adobe stuff is complicated and I'm not sure it's that relevent here when cloudbrowse for iPad is a flash and java enabled browser (albiet one that is apparently very slow), and I play WW on my iPad by remotely logging into my computer. Though personally I've had far more problems with flash since Adobe took over Macromedia.
You're technically right, it is possible to play Webkinz on iPad using third-party proxy, but my point was not about that. What I wanted to say is that Flash Player is a thing of the past, and Ganz doesn't want its legacy weighing them down. Plush sales are sharply down so they're milking WW for whatever it's worth while their other products are still being developed.
Closed

Tags
jackb1014 was here!