Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #31
I love cute
Webkinz :)

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

Default Re: Selling Right From the Garden

Thanks for supporting!
triplet 1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #32

~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder

that's such a good idea! I hope that this can become reality!
~Kiwi~ is offline Female
Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #33
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
1) There might be no supply and demand, but there is inflation. If gardening is made much easier, EVERYONE will take up gardening for money. Without hand-selling, it will be a BY FAR easiest and most productive way of money making. In a month, everyone will have hoards of cash, WShop and even Arte's prices will become irrelevant, and the game will lose a major aspect.

2) Care to do some math as to comparative productivity of gardening (without hand-selling) vs Arcade? I did, and the gardening has a huge edge. Even Quizzy's and dailies will be inferior to gardening - and they are also limited in volume.

3) I agree, even without hand-selling, gardening would still be a chore. But it would be about 1/10th of a chore it is now, enough to kill the effort-vs-money balance of the game.

Webkinz Economy 101 is not to be taken lightly.
Inflation = A persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency.

(I got that from dictionary.com )

Even if there is a sudden increase in the volume of WW money that people have, it isn't going to result in the "rise of the general level of prices" on WW. The prices are going to stay the same as they always are. So, no inflation.

(And IMO, prices are pretty irrelevant right now anyway for WW players who are savers, because of how easy it already is to earn the KC to afford them if you concentrate on it.)

I definitely agree that kids should learn about how to work for their money, and save, and not spend everything they get, and that the KC system on WW helps teach them that. And that's really important.

But I don't agree that this important aspect of WW would be lost, because even if it suddenly becomes quick and easy to sell your produce, you still have to internalise the savings lesson in order to collect loads of KC.

Why?

Because even though you're totally right that other activities don't come close to comparing to the kind of profit you can make if you're really committed to gardening; the key phrase there is "if you're really committed to gardening".

It takes at least 6 days (and as many as 11 days) to make any KC out of gardening, and daily maintenance is required over that period. That takes time and dedication, even before any selling happens. So I don't think we'd have hordes of non-gardening WW users suddenly become hardcore gardeners.

Here's how I figure that:

Let's say you have 7 gardens full of 80 strawberry plants each. I have 7 gardens myself, and I would say it takes me roughly half an hour to maintain them every day, longer if I'm unlucky enough to hit rainy weather when I do it. (Rain slows gardening down to a painful crawl.) So it would take you 4.5 hours of work over 9 days to yield probably about 2,800 strawberries and 16,800KC.

By contrast, you'd probably make only about 3,600KC if you spent 4.5 hours at Quizzy's. But then again, Quizzy's is way more fun, gives you KC right away, and doesn't cost 35,000KC to get started!

I'm guessing that if you average out how long it takes to drag 9 produce units into the sell slots, click the Sell button, and wait for the sell slots to empty, it probably works out to an average of about 2 seconds to sell one produce unit? Which means that those 2,800 strawberries would take a bit more than 1.5 hours to sell.

Therefore, your time spent over 9 days on your gardening-and-selling would be 6 hours now, and a bit more than 4.5 hours after making produce-selling quicker. That would make gardening three-quarters of the chore it is now, not one-tenth.

Result: making selling fast and easy would not at all kill the effort-vs-money balance of the game. I really do think that only people who are committed to making big cash on WW are going to garden faithfully, regardless of whether you make it easy to sell produce or not. You would of course get more gardeners by making selling easier, but not enough that everyone will be Webkinz millionaires.

(I'm not a Webkinz millionaire yet. But I'm working on it!)

PS - sorry to plug a serious discussion of the WW economy into a suggestion thread. I realise that's pretty silly! But still fun.
Jackal is offline Female
Old 09-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #34
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

I don't garden but I can see how this would be a big help

I support.
Arte's Fan is offline Female
Old 09-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #35
I love cute

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

Thanks for supporting!
triplet 1 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
triplet loves this place!, wi!