Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Banned
SgtGarand is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Room naming and placement

For those that like to organize the rooms in a certain way will and probably have thought of the same thing.

1) When you enter a new webkinz you should be given the option of where you want the room. It would be the same as when you buy a new room. It's annoying to get a new pet and it's room be placed in such a way where it messes up another room where you have to rearrange items to give access to the door. *Unless you want to use the map feature all the time or have another room connecting it where the door can be used.

-Now I don't know if they are fixing this with the newer webkinz, such as the whimsy dragon, because when I entered the dragon I didn't get a room, but got 1000KC along with all the items. It seems like we may start getting 1000KC to buy a room and put it where we want it? But that leaves us with problem number 2.

*Maybe they could also give us the ability to move the rooms, since we would be out of luck for the older webkinz and the ones we already have. But, it would make it easier for them if we had to empty the room first before we could move it.

2)Can't name the rooms with our pet names. I was upset when I moved my first pet's room to a different room because I was going to make the given room as the kitchen, and found out I couldn't name it after the pet. I didn't want all the doors going every which way, but I guess it's something I'm going to have to deal with and work around.

- There should be an easy way to fix this. I've taken some database classes and know that they use a database, obviously, to store the pet names, room layout, items we have, kinzcash we have, etc.. If they didn't have a database then they couldn't keep track or store all of our user accounts. Why don't they add a query to the naming feature that would check the database when we try to name a room with an actual name. If it finds the name in the database, our pet names, then it will let us use it. If it is a name not in the database, a name we haven't named one of our pets, then it will not let us use it. Even though it doesn't make sense that we can't use something like "Husky" or "Dragon's."

The query wouldn't be too complex, something like:

SELECT petNames
FROM SgtGarand
WHERE roomNames.name = petNames.petNames

-Select, would look through all the items in the "pet names" column. And is what the query would check against.
-From, is telling what database to use. The database name is entered here. In our cases it would be our account database.
-WHERE is the tricky part because it will have to correctly validate that the name we are trying to enter in the "room names" table is equal to one of the names that is stored in our "pet names" tables, which is the names of the pets we are using. Since the two types of data are different from each other and what they are used for they would be stored on different tables the names of the table would have to be referenced for each row or column that is being used.

At least, that would be the idea. The actual functionality would have to be worked with and the correct/functional code would be different from mine. I'm just showing a basic layout of how this could be done. The query would come in to play when we click on the button to save the room name. It would run the query before it would save it.

phew
SgtGarand is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
same+ilovesoccer642
Gift Guru

mistyheart101 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Room naming and placement

i agree ith you... my 'style' has changed alot since i got my WW account yet i cant change it..
mistyheart101 is offline Female
Closed