Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #31
I made my avatar!
Webkinz :)

meeprox is a splendid one to beholdmeeprox is a splendid one to beholdmeeprox is a splendid one to beholdmeeprox is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Removable Wallpaper ....and flooring

I completly agree. Very good idea!

~Meeprox~
meeprox is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #32
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Avonnite
It would be more convenient for all of us, but one of the features of wallpaper and flooring is that you cannot remove it without damaging it. I know WW has many imaginary elements, but removable wallpaper seems unrealistic. Imagine if the food from the W shop never went away when you fed it to your pet.

Permanent wallpaper also potentially teaches younger users that some things are not reusable, which is often the case in real life. It teaches them to be careful with these things, and make an informed decision before using them.
Yes, I can see your point. But if that were the case of life lessons on a virtual game, then there would be many things that shouldn't be done in WW because they're not real. For instance...fully grown gardens, shouldn't be picked up and moved fully grown. Or removing gardens and they turn into seed packets. Don't get me wrong, I love this feature LOL

Also, If i am spending real money on a virtual item, I would like full control when ever i want, i.e changing the room locations.
Again, thanks so much for posting your perspective. I really like WW for teaching the younger ones life lessons as well, but then again I think they can figure out what is reality and what is a game.

View Post Originally Posted by Hide-and-seek
They did not programmed clickable walls.
What they can do is when you put new wallpaper in your room the old one goes back in the dock, the way it is done with clothes . That way you can move wallpapers as much as you want , keep relapsing it without loosing .
And i do wish we can remove at least two doors
and remove restriction on item placing
Yes, that would work, and what i meant as well. In order to remove the wallpaper you just replace it with something generic and the original will return to doc!

I agree to the movable doors.
Thanks for posting

View Post Originally Posted by LittleHattie
I have plenty of real world in the real world
Our pets can be without sleep or water, live in the bubble, go to academy and my favorite - teleport from room to room . I kind of like WW is unlike real world (or i would have 4 doors in every room including bathroom in my own house.

Pets never die or grow old
Another good one , unlike real world we have dragons , unicorns and don't let me start on Pegasus
WW can teach little kids lesson about making careful decisions, the thing is little kids usually deal with wshop wallpaper to replace which is a no big dial, so there is no t much lesson there. Little kids do not care about retired wallpaper and do not buy estore ( They also learning lessons they should not be learning , like it is OK to take any animal out of its habitat and to keep it as a pet but that is another subject)
I think we have the right to pick what we want in WW be like in real world and what not
Well said, couldn't have said it any better than this.

View Post Originally Posted by 98pika
I agree with you it would be great to have that because if you have any ganz estore or rare wallpaper and/or flooring you would'nt want to throw it away so it is a good idea
Thank you! It is devastating to use/loose rare walls or estore..especially estore b'c of the real cash going into the points.

Thanks for supporting and everyone that has shared their perspectives.

PS Ganz I think more than one of us agree to the moving rooms and selling them if you wanted too.

View Post Originally Posted by floating~angel
I think this is an awesome idea, because if you have a rare/estore wallpaper/flooring in a room, but you think that a different wallpaper/flooring would look better in that room, but you don't want to get rid of your rare/estore wallpaper/flooring. also, it would be a good idea to move and sell rooms!
I agree! We should be able to move rooms and selll them if we want.

Last edited by AgtPix; 05-15-2010 at 11:04 AM..
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #33
Mogirl97

Mogirl97 is on a distinguished road

I love this plus what if painting your walls and putting up wallpaper was a minigame I think that would be fun
Mogirl97 is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #34

iamsunshine1978 will become famous soon enough

I love this idea!!!

I agree with your whole post AgtPix.

Last edited by iamsunshine1978; 05-18-2010 at 01:54 PM..
iamsunshine1978 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #35

peacelovejoy3 will become famous soon enough

I agree. When people design their rooms they might think that the wallpaper they put in there isn't that good. Then they have to buy ANOTHER one and you can't even sell the one they already put in!! This way, they can take it out and save it if they need it another time!
peacelovejoy3 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #36
hy pokemon ROCKS!

almond0 is a glorious beacon of lightalmond0 is a glorious beacon of lightalmond0 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Avonnite
It would be more convenient for all of us, but one of the features of wallpaper and flooring is that you cannot remove it without damaging it. I know WW has many imaginary elements, but removable wallpaper seems unrealistic. Imagine if the food from the W shop never went away when you fed it to your pet.

Permanent wallpaper also potentially teaches younger users that some things are not reusable, which is often the case in real life. It teaches them to be careful with these things, and make an informed decision before using them.
You it does not get lost!
almond0 is offline Male
Old 05-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #37
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by WetNose
This is a wonderful idea to have removeable floors/wallpaper - and doors! ALSO, how about being able to re-arrange the room map, that way you could change a room location if it put a door where you don't want one. With a new pet adoption, the room shows up and you don't have a say in where it's placed, and so it can mess up a decorated room.
Anyway, I love the idea you have and I hope Ganz agrees and makes the walls/floors removeable. And the doors, and the map. Thanks!

Please do not use this BLUE reserved for staff.
Webberlily
I am so sorry! I didn't know about the colors, it looked there were choices available, but I will stick with black now. Thanks for the tip! (Also I wish people wouldn't use yellow because it is harder to read.)
WetNose is offline Female
Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #38
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by iamsunshine1978
I love this idea!!!

I agree with your whole post AgtPix.
Thanks everyone for supporting.
I as well would love to have the ability to move your rooms& doorways in addition to the wallpaper and floor

I posted a suggestion on the Webkinz news site, hopefully i wasn't the onlyone
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 05-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #39
LLJ9349 is on a distinguished road

I really like your idea!!! It would be so great to be able to change wallpaper and flooring without the expense of purchasing more. If we could chose the location of rooms and rearrange them and doors too it would be awesome - who needs four doors in and out of every room - some times the decor would look so much better if there wasn't a door in the middle. Hope Ganz listens to your suggestions and makes it happen.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #40
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

Agreed. What if someone bought an eStore wallpaper, put it in a room, and then changed their mind and changed the wallpaper? Wouldn't that be a waste? Good idea.
Closed