Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness
dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Purple Tabs and Challenge Icons Interfere with Room Designing

Yeah, it used to be fairly simple to at least try to edit out the purple tabs! Anymore, well, it never looks to good for me.. And then don't even get me started on trying to edit them out of treetop rooms! I did it once, and I finally got a nice looking result, but I vowed never again as hard as it was!

Here's the fruits of my labor:
Click the image to open in full size.
dancerchick914 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

You did a great job, dancerchic !! Again, I feel your frustration. Here is an example of how my "cloudy twilight" sky turned out on a treetop room.

I've edited out the tabs in every type of outdoor room during every season and the three stages of day on the treetop rooms (daytime, nighttime and cloudy twilight) and the "cloudy twilight" sky is by far the hardest one to work with.

Last edited by MysticZon; 01-31-2012 at 02:33 PM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 01-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

That looks fantastic! The hardest part for me was definitely the clouds, as it's not like you can copy them from another part of the screen, and actually have to somewhat draw them. (At least I did in paint..) You even manged to make those chameleon chairs look nice!! I couldn't find a place for mine, so I traded it away!
dancerchick914 is offline Female
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #14

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Thanks for your compliment, dancerchick. In my opinion, I think it's quite clear that anyone who works at Ganz and takes their room designing seriously has never tried to edit out the tabs and doors if they even take screenshots of their rooms and are so inclined as we are. If they did, the tabs and doors issues would have been addressed years ago !!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

This is a coincidence that you have also posted about outdoor rooms, because I was just checking in here to write about the outdoor room. (not Treetop, another whole can of worms). I particularly noticed today when I was in my accounts how the purple tabs block out a good part of the trees.
It led me to wonder; do you have any suggested solutions for the outdoor rooms?

Also, re the Challenges, you probably already are aware of this. At one time I had more than four Challenges going at the same time in an account (was playing catch-up because I started to do them late, only after the second big batch came along), and they had a scroll going. No more than 4 will show on your screen, and you have scroll arrows on top and bottom. It still looks as if there is plenty of room at the bottom for scroll arrows, but I wonder if the programming would be more difficult because there is a necessary space in the middle. Just wondering...

BTW, Mystic and Dancer Chick, you both have done fanastic jobs on your editing.
What have done would take me EONS, since I know virtually nothing about editing graphcis.
Mystic, I sure hope someone at Ganz who can do something about it is listening in on this.

Last edited by Serena; 01-31-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Serena is offline Female
Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #16

MysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Serena
This is a coincidence that you have also posted about outdoor rooms, because I was just checking in here to write about the outdoor room. (not Treetop, another whole can of worms). I particularly noticed today when I was in my accounts how the purple tabs block out a good part of the trees.
It led me to wonder; do you have any suggested solutions for the outdoor rooms?

Also, re the Challenges, you probably already are aware of this. At one time I had more than four Challenges going at the same time in an account (was playing catch-up because I started to do them late, only after the second big batch came along), and they had a scroll going. No more than 4 will show on your screen, and you have scroll arrows on top and bottom. It still looks as if there is plenty of room at the bottom for scroll arrows, but I wonder if the programming would be more difficult because there is a necessary space in the middle. Just wondering...

BTW, Mystic and Dancer Chick, you both have done fanastic jobs on your editing.
What have done would take me EONS, since I know virtually nothing about editing graphcis.
Mystic, I sure hope someone at Ganz who can do something about it is listening in on this.

Hi again Serena and thank you again for your kind words. Yeah, I didn't quite think this through but I think I can offer Ganz a solution that would leave the top of the room space alone altogether. The tabs and icons have to be moved to the bottom as I've shown in my examples. Both the tabs and icons would need to be reduced because at the size they are now, they just eat up all of the empty space at the bottom and it looks almost as hideous as having them at the top. So I've reduced the tabs and icons by 25% in my examples below and I could live with how it looks.

In a perfect Webkinz World, those landing pads that act as doors shouldn't be there either but I don't have the time right now to edit them out, but you get the idea.

This improvement would work for ALL room types, although when it comes to the treetop rooms, we'd have to give up some of the background graphics since the entire treetop room space is one big graphic.

I know what you mean about the arrows for the challenge icons and how it looks when you have more than four challenges on the go. I had the same thing happen when I was playing "catch-up" on one of my accounts. I currently don't have any accounts that have more than four challenges on the go so I don't have the actual arrow graphics to work with, but I know what they look like. They are as high as the challenge icons themselves and about half the width. They are obtuse and ugly. They can easily be reduced by up to 50% and would fit beside where I've put the challenge icons in my improved screenshot.

When it comes to computer programming, all things are doable. Go anywhere on the web and see the amazing things web developers and designers can do. As a freelance web designer, I have never told a client, "I can't do that." If I don't know how to do something, I look it up on the internet, I consult with other web designers, I go to computer programming forums and learn ... in other words, I figure it out.

I told you all of that to tell you (and Ganz if you are reading) this ~ Ganz can make Webkinz World into whatever they want. They have the technology, the resources, the knowledge, the programmers ... everything they need to make Webkinz World the best children's and adult's virtual pet web site on the internet once again. That they haven't is because they don't want to. Technology, resources, knowledge and programmers cost money. Ganz does not make one penny from re-arranging our rooms in the manner I've suggested and keeping their promise to allow us to move/remove the doors in our rooms. In fact, it costs Ganz money and we all know that Ganz and its money are not easily parted. MONEY and Ganz's UNWILLINGNESS to SPEND IT is, in my opinion, the reason that matters like the Endangered Himalayan Flooring and eStore High End Kitchen Flooring can't be stored in the appropriate storage container; why we're still looking at the doors in our rooms; why WW is riddled with bugs and glitches that have been aggravating and frustrating its members for YEARS; and why we'll be looking at those ugly purple tabs at the top of our room space and challenge icons down the left side of our room space FOR AS LONG AS WW IS ON THE INTERNET ....

Last edited by MysticZon; 02-02-2012 at 05:28 AM..
Old 02-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
T9850

T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero
T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero

I agree. That would be efficient.
T9850 is offline Male
Closed