Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
the edge of glory
Gifted

DramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Protection of Pets Codes - Will save many pet codes from being stolen from stores.

Recently i have run into some very bad situations with webkinz at local stores. They sit in bins or on shelves that have very easy access to codes and even with the new boxes someone could easily steal one, which leaves the store out of a profit because people most likely won't want to but that kinz. So here is my idea.

1. Keep the tags in a box behind the counter but let the person make sure they have the right pet code before they leave the store.

2. Put kinz in boxes like the Mazin hamsters. Then they would solve a lot of issues here (your pet will be fresh and new (not handled by a lot of people) and codes would always be in-tact. Then they could have example pets for you to feel behind the counters at hallmarks and other small stores and for big ones like walmart and target they could have examples on the shelves that are like stapped to the shelf with a little cord that lets them move (like phone displays or shoe displays) and the examples would have no code attached.

Story of why i am making this thread:
today i was at Walgreens and i went over to the clearance isle to see the webbies and get this, the bin of lil'kinz were right next to a bin of scissors!!!!!!! its like they were encouraging you to steal. Well being the worrier that i am i immediately went through the webbies and out of 23 kinz 20 were missing tags!! I kindly asked the woman at the desk if there was anyway they could move the scissors or the webkinz and she happily replied yes so she moved the scissors to a different isle.

other ideas :

"What about putting those magnetic sensors on codes, so when the person leaves the store, the door goes "BEEEEEEP!"" - hoodedwarbler13

please support! our webbies deserve better than what is going on now!

Last edited by DramaQueenhk; 06-09-2011 at 12:40 PM..
DramaQueenhk is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

Default Re: Protection of Pets Codes - Will save many pet codes from being stolen from stores.

I really support! I mean, scissors right next to webbies? Really?
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 06-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
the edge of glory
Gifted

DramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Protection of Pets Codes - Will save many pet codes from being stolen from stores.

thanks for supporting!!!!!!! I know it was so crazy i was like "really, that is unacceptable"
Old 06-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Lookie! I'm a
Gift Guru

doggoneit is a WI addict!
doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!

I like really like #3. They could be put in boxes so they will not get damaged or smelly. I support.
doggoneit is offline Female
Old 06-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #5

Eustace McTuppe is a jewel in the roughEustace McTuppe is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a great idea for anti-theft, but I'm not so sure it's right for Ganz, ya know? I mean, by keeping the Webkinz behind the counter, there isn't a display full of cute plushies to catch your eye, and a lot of the times, what makes a kid want one is by holding it and getting attached. As for keeping the codes behind the register, that seems like a lot of work for retailers (especially when Wekbinz aren't very expensive in the first place), and also a possible recipe for A LOT of confusion. Can you imagine how many people would end up going home with the wrong code? I mean, sure, it might not happen often, but if a store sells 10,000 Webkinz in a year, and say only 2% were given the wrong code, that would still add up to 20 very unhappy customers. Again, with the point brought up about attaching them to cords: Webkinz are only worth $15 new at the most, while cell phones are much more valuable (to the retailer, anyway, as we all know what's more valuable to us, lol). I say if Walgreens wants to be silly and place their Webkinz in a bad location, let them. It doesn't effect us at all, and maybe, just maybe, a little girl whose parents can't afford a Webkinz is sitting in front of her library computer right now having the time of her life
Eustace McTuppe is offline Female
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

I support!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
the edge of glory
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Eustace McTuppe
Sounds like a great idea for anti-theft, but I'm not so sure it's right for Ganz, ya know? I mean, by keeping the Webkinz behind the counter, there isn't a display full of cute plushies to catch your eye, and a lot of the times, what makes a kid want one is by holding it and getting attached. As for keeping the codes behind the register, that seems like a lot of work for retailers (especially when Wekbinz aren't very expensive in the first place), and also a possible recipe for A LOT of confusion. Can you imagine how many people would end up going home with the wrong code? I mean, sure, it might not happen often, but if a store sells 10,000 Webkinz in a year, and say only 2% were given the wrong code, that would still add up to 20 very unhappy customers. Again, with the point brought up about attaching them to cords: Webkinz are only worth $15 new at the most, while cell phones are much more valuable (to the retailer, anyway, as we all know what's more valuable to us, lol). I say if Walgreens wants to be silly and place their Webkinz in a bad location, let them. It doesn't effect us at all, and maybe, just maybe, a little girl whose parents can't afford a Webkinz is sitting in front of her library computer right now having the time of her life
you make a good point but the signatures and webkinz jr. cost more. I have changed my mind on the first two and i think i will take those out
Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

Some stores have them behind the counter and some stores don't have them behind the counter.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
T9850

T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero
T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero

Chapters has that kind of protection.
T9850 is offline Male
Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
the edge of glory
Gifted

well they need to do that at all or most stores
Closed

Tags
emma!