Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #81
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Default Re: Please don't retire a rare theme ganz

I agree! Don't retire our rares!!
Kayfookey is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #82
Gir Rocks!
Webkinz :)

megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!megaly is the bees knees!

I don't want them to retire! My mom lets me use the computer ONLY when she doesn't want to use it. Please GANZ! Don't retire a rare theme! I totally agree with you!

Click the image to open in full size.

View Post Originally Posted by Lilac444

Any of these are up for use, but please out of genoracity give me rep.

Click the image to open in full size.
Whoops! I didn't copy you! I had no idea that was there! Sorry!

Last edited by megaly; 04-23-2010 at 07:23 PM..
megaly is offline Female
Old 04-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #83
ow! Thanks Canada!!!

Lilac444 is a jewel in the roughLilac444 is a jewel in the rough

No! It's totally fine!
Lilac444 is offline Female
Old 04-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #84
Liberty

SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!

I agree, Ganz should not retire any rares!
SugarFrenzy is offline Female
Old 04-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #85
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Yes, it might be sad, but GANZ is kinda 'teaching' kids a lesson about money and how much stuff is worth, go ahead retire a theme.
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #86
mommakitty3

mommakitty has a spectacular aura about

I love the rare themes and have 4-5 items left to get in science, 9 left in medieval, about 9 left in aztec and I'm now getting the new princess theme and just started the persia one. My son collects the egypt theme and the ancient civ. theme, plus I like some of the pieces from those themes even if I don't get the entire theme.
I would be heartbroken if they went away. They should be easier to collect, not more difficult, or impossible.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #87

figuresk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Red face Re: Please don't retire a rare theme ganz

i dont want any of the rares to go away! i am working my **** off trying to get all of them by trading and such before they die!!! this is so terrible! save the rares!
figuresk8er is offline Female
Old 04-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #88
mountainfairy

mountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud of

I do see how retiring some items (e.g., exclusives or W-shop themes, etc) has some merit in that it makes those items seem more special to those who did manage to get a hold of them and also to make room for newer items. However, I think the retiring of a rare theme at this time doesn't make a lot of sense. Webkinz will be celebrating its 5th birthday this year. I imagine it has taken some of you this whole time to complete some or all of the themes you are collecting. And consider the percentage of WW players who began a year or more after its beginnings? It takes a loooong time to collect the rare items, especially for those of us who can't stay in front of the computer or don't have friends or parents to do so for us. Webkinz tries to promote staying active, going outside, doing homework, etc, but then it cleverly encourages a lot of computer time with waiting for special events or heck, even these find-the-host-in-the-clubhouse events. while they are fun, it definitely keeps a kid at the computer until they get what they are looking for, which might take a while for some. The rare themes are pretty significant to WW and it makes sense that it should take a long time to complete a collection. . so shouldn't we be allowed ample time to do so? Besides, the ancient themes in particular are timeless. Its not like retiring some goofy looking exclusive that can easily be replaced by another goofy looking (yet still awesome) thing. I imagine these rare themes may even spark interest in learning about ancient history and archaeology which is really good for young minds that need a lot of mental stimulation to grow. I guess that's not much of an argument for the science theme. .. but hey, how about replacing it with an updated science theme rather than just getting rid of it all together? Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
mountainfairy is offline Female
Old 04-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #89
changes2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just caught wind of this idea to do away with rares -- I think it is more than wrong -- I don't know where the notice was (I haven't found it yet). I know for a fact that people are selling items on websites and I think that is wrong.... WE ALL work very hard for our money and time spent earning KC to purchase items and unless you have all day, everyday, working on collecting KC by purchasing new pets or doing the Daily Activities and Arcade games -- we never have enough KC to purchase all the items that come up -- I agree with others on this thread who indicate that this is not about the kids --- I began with Webkinz through my granddaughter and now I have tooooooooo many Webkinz and rooms and 'stuff,' and she is not interested any longer -- I still love the Webkinz World experience and this is very disturbing to me....As someone else said, "I would be heartbroken if they went away. They should be easier to collect, not more difficult, or impossible." For goodness sake, they are Virtual -- they don't cost a penny to keep in the 'lineup,' so what is the fuss about with Ganz? I think it's probably so they can open up new Themes in the Estore and sell for too much real $$$. I have bought things from the estore, but everytime I do it I can't believe I am....Again, give us more chances to purchase rares and DON'T TAKE THEM AWAY.... People who have collected for a long time are able to make real $$ on auction sites and I think that is sooooooo wrong! Thanks for listening....

I just posted something -- changes2012 -- but then I ran across your post --- very well said! DITTO! (mountainfairy -- what mountain? I'm in love with Mt. Ida in Arkansas and fairies are very probably there)!

View Post Originally Posted by mountainfairy
I do see how retiring some items (e.g., exclusives or W-shop
themes, etc) has some merit in that it makes those items seem more special to those who did manage to get a hold of them and also to make room for newer items. However, I think the retiring of a rare theme at this time doesn't make a lot of sense. Webkinz will be celebrating its 5th birthday this year. I imagine it has taken some of you this whole time to complete some or all of the themes you are collecting. And consider the percentage of WW players who began a year or more after its beginnings? It takes a loooong time to collect the rare items, especially for those of us who can't stay in front of the computer or don't have friends or parents to do so for us. Webkinz tries to promote staying active, going outside, doing homework, etc, but then it cleverly encourages a lot of computer time with waiting for special events or heck, even these find-the-host-in-the-clubhouse events. while they are fun, it definitely keeps a kid at the computer until they get what they are looking for, which might take a while for some. The rare themes are pretty significant to WW and it makes sense that it should take a long time to complete a collection. . so shouldn't we be allowed ample time to do so? Besides, the ancient themes in particular are timeless. Its not like retiring some goofy looking exclusive that can easily be replaced by another goofy looking (yet still awesome) thing. I imagine these rare themes may even spark interest in learning about ancient history and archaeology which is really good for young minds that need a lot of mental stimulation to grow. I guess that's not much of an argument for the science theme. .. but hey, how about replacing it with an updated science theme rather than just getting rid of it all together? Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Last edited by changes2012; 04-26-2010 at 04:48 PM..
Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #90
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

I wish they wouldn't retire a rare theme. It seems like Ganz is more focused on collectors of WW items now than they are of the little children who want to play because of their pets and the games and don't collect items. Please stop retiring all these themes!
ImTara55 is offline Female
Closed