Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #51
ebkinz rocks!
Webkinz :)

Webkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Please don't retire a rare theme ganz

View Post Originally Posted by AuntietoEW
Hi Nicolee1978,
There are a variety of opinions expressed here. Thanks you for posting this thread. I have a small regular account. The main reason I participate in Webkinz is to collect items for my godchildren. They are only permitted to have computer time on the weekends.

In my opinion, this choice by Ganz is bad for their business.

1. The purchase of rares does generate cash for Ganz directly (estore) and indirectly (retailers).

2. Many people will not be able to purchase the items they want. This will create frustration and bad feelings toward Ganz.

3. All customer centered companies do announce what they are retiring and when they are doing it. This way people can purchase the items they want before they are "out of stock". Ganz is not telling us which rare theme and what date it is being retired. This will create frustration and bad feelings toward Ganz.

4. This will decrease the purchases of new and future rare themes. Who wants to start a collection that they can not finish? I doubt I will start another rare collection.

5. The Deluxe account holders do have alot of benefits. The rare dining room chairs are usually offered to these members, but not very often to the regular members. This has happened with the Medieval Dining Chairs twice in the last two weeks. If Medieval is the theme that retires, it would be salt in the wound. Sure, I could get other chairs for my godchildren's dragon rooms. But why should I when I have the kinzcash to buy the matching chairs?

Ganz, please reconsider the decision to drop a rare theme. If you must do it, please tell us all the items and when they will be retired. It would be better to have all of them offered in the Curio Shop during the close down time.

AuntietoEW
Beautifully laid out thoughts AuntietoEW. Have you considered sending a copy of this directly to Ganz through the suggestion box?
Webkinzguy4life is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #52
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by AuntietoEW
Hi Nicolee1978,
There are a variety of opinions expressed here. Thanks you for posting this thread. I have a small regular account. The main reason I participate in Webkinz is to collect items for my godchildren. They are only permitted to have computer time on the weekends.

In my opinion, this choice by Ganz is bad for their business.

1. The purchase of rares does generate cash for Ganz directly (estore) and indirectly (retailers).

2. Many people will not be able to purchase the items they want. This will create frustration and bad feelings toward Ganz.

AuntietoEW

You can also think about it this way:

People will be scrambling to buy all of the rare items they can, but may be short with KinzCash. How will they get more? Buy new pets, of course! It could help their sales tremendously

It may create bad feelings, but I am sure Ganz is already used to thousands of people hating them
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #53
Gift Trainee

magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
You can also think about it this way:

People will be scrambling to buy all of the rare items they can, but may be short with KinzCash. How will they get more? Buy new pets, of course! It could help their sales tremendously
I think you may have hit the nail on the nail right there!

I personally hate to see any theme retire, w-shop or rare (or even clothes for that matter). Especially when there is no warning at all like they do sometimes. We don't know exactly which theme is going this time, but at least we can make a reasonable guess knowing it's a rare. That said, all the pieces can't possibly be offered in the next week or so before it retires, and each theme has items that have not been offered for months. So, there will definitely be a lot of upset people!
magicw is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #54
Yoshi Records!

YoshiLover is the bees knees!YoshiLover is the bees knees!YoshiLover is the bees knees!YoshiLover is the bees knees!YoshiLover is the bees knees!YoshiLover is the bees knees!YoshiLover is the bees knees!

Why a rare theme? Well to make it more rare of course, but a bad decision on Ganz's part!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #55
very addicted to

aibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why it has to be a rare theme. There are so many other themes they could get rid of. The rares are not available regulary to buy for anyone, and you can only get one at a time. They could change that feature for one thing. My kids and I have been playing for almost 2 years and none of us have all the items we want/need. No we are not worried about having every single item in each theme but it would be nice to be able to get the items we want.
I willl be giving Ganz my opinion in WW suggestion box for sure.
Most rares come at times kids are in school, and how fun is it really for a kid if they miss the rare every day? Why are we only being given the chance to buy a rare once a day. The curio shop should be for only things you can't get in the wshop. thats what a real curio shop is, to buy things you don't see in regular stores.
thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.
I think retiring a rare theme is the worst thin, well they have done worst but you get the picture
aibowers is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #56
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

I never understand why they have to retire ANY theme.

I find it disappointing. I think we should always have a chance to complete our house decorating.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #57
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
As one who has been closely involved with Rares for well over a year now, I must respectfully disagree with this thread.

Retiring a Rare theme is an excellent idea, it will inject new life into things. Having retired items is part of the fun in WW, just look at all the interest that lava lamps acquired by becoming retired.

More frequent Rares sales will not help the many with Kinzcash shortages, it will just add to the frustration of being unable to buy several rares daily.

Believe me, the retirement route is better for all of us. And remember that mixing themes is much more creative than building a "matched set". It's not at all necessary to have every Egyptian item, in order to create a great pyramid room, on the contrary adding other items from other themes results in a unique room.

Creativity is the name of the game here.
take my post as intended, im not trying to be intentionally contrary...... :

ive been closely involved with rares for two years but in a simple way. time and amount of rares is not the point. i know about rares too,and that is why i dont think this is a good idea. so you and i disagree even though we collect rares! we all play the game differently and i jsut happen to believe having lots of rares and retired items in the curio shop is what makes it fun. then when you slave away to make your kc at least you know you are doing it for a reason. offering them more often makes you not a slave to the site. its just not fun to be a slave to anything. you know they will always be there for you when you do make the kc. this way here, it makes you play the game in a frenzy and frankly im tired of this feeling as i play this game . what this will do is make the curio shop irrelevant because most of us will be so sick of being snookered that we wont even care about any rares anymore.

same goes for the wshop themes the way they show no manners and retire them without saying which theme. its rude and its power. many of us play this game to get away from that from the real world. ganz can shoot themselves in the foot and have only the die hard players, but someday the die hard players wont have much to feed their addiction because when most of us are gone then the site wont be a priority for ganz............... so everyone on this forum should care when many dont like something.............

i dont mean to sound flippant but creativity is the name of your game here. there is nothing 'better for all of us' here- that is your opinion from many other options. i understand we all play it differently and you like to mix and match, many of us like to put a whole theme together the first time and then play around after................... different strokes for differnt folks. many have time restraints, especially kids-------------- and adults with certain health issues and other situations.

me, i dont have anything in this battle because i have all the pieces of the rare themes because it took me two years to get them the hard way(no trading) and believe you me, if they retired a theme after i only need one piece you can be sure id me way mad. i dont trade and will not trade because it would ruin it all for me, thats how i play my game. but i am frustrated about a good and creative site being ruined by increasingly stingy and rude decisions. they add new and fun things to try but then they change the programming to be stingy, and retiring a rare theme feels like the same darn thing to me.

"getcha to love it then change it or yank it" seems to be their motto.

one thing i think many forget is that new people come in to play ww and they should be able to have a pick of any or all themes, rare or not........... if artes were for those items only then they could get what we all have now. its only fair and right, it attacts new players and thats good for us old players. i love new themes too but i like to still work on the old themes for rooms. its not that they retire themes ITS HOW they do it.

we all play the game differently, your creativity is not the same as mine or anyones...........
im not fighting or anything, i am disagreeing is all. there are many threads for rah-rah stuff, many of us need the not so rah-rah stuff we are going through to be talked about by other players as well.

there is my five cents worth. for what its worth.

Last edited by BASMAT; 04-19-2010 at 01:31 AM..
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 04-19-2010, 01:12 AM   #58
Reno1212

Reno1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Smile Re: Please do retire a rare theme ganz

If I am correct, this rare theme will be retired that has been available for a long time now. With collecting furniture for rooms, many make mistakes about collecting to many rooms at once, instead of one at a time.

I cannot wait for the new themes to come out if any. The Rock Ages theme is really cool!!!!

Thanks so much ganz,

Reno1212
Reno1212 is offline Male
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #59

chinagirl is a glorious beacon of lightchinagirl is a glorious beacon of lightchinagirl is a glorious beacon of light

SAVE THE RARES ! I love most of the pieces and i didn't have a chance to collect them all.

Last edited by chinagirl; 04-20-2010 at 04:22 PM..
chinagirl is offline Female
Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #60

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

Retiring a Rare theme is outright stupid on so many levels. Yes Ganz, you might sell a few hundred eStore replicas, that's what likely makes your management happy. But the reason many older (and yes, wealthier) players stick to WW is item collecting, and collectors are NOT after replicas: they want the REAL THING. Being unable to get what they want, they'll do what frustrated people do: vote with their feet, taking their time and their hard-earned money elsewhere. Will THAT make your management happy?

You have cannibalized this once-delightful game enough already. Magical Forest games were the first swallow but at least they were light-hearted, funny, and distinctively separate from the rest of the Webkinz World. Then eStore began encroaching into the core game territory with its no-plush pets, replicas, and playsets. Then Deluxe accounts came, creating an elitist class of rich must-have-it-all players to the frustration of others who are unwilling to pay money for pixels. All that came at the expense of your primary business: selling stuffed pets for kids to play with.

I used to recommend Webkinz as a fantastic stocking stuffer and a great kid-to-kid birthday gift. Not anymore: kids do not need exposure to such a volume of sheer corporate greed. They'll have their whole adult life ahead of them to experience it.

Last edited by Pitenana; 04-19-2010 at 08:57 AM..
Closed