Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #41
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 
Default Re: Please don't retire a rare theme ganz

Hi, Nicolee! Please remember petitions are not allowed on WI. I've removed that part of your first post. Good luck and have fun!
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #42
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

As one who has been closely involved with Rares for well over a year now, I must respectfully disagree with this thread.

Retiring a Rare theme is an excellent idea, it will inject new life into things. Having retired items is part of the fun in WW, just look at all the interest that lava lamps acquired by becoming retired.

More frequent Rares sales will not help the many with Kinzcash shortages, it will just add to the frustration of being unable to buy several rares daily.

Believe me, the retirement route is better for all of us. And remember that mixing themes is much more creative than building a "matched set". It's not at all necessary to have every Egyptian item, in order to create a great pyramid room, on the contrary adding other items from other themes results in a unique room.

Creativity is the name of the game here.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #43
Webkinz :)
lps3cheese has disabled reputation

yeah ganz!!!
webkinz was created for kids so they could have fun, and learn vauluable skills
at the same time!! not for adults!!

no way!!
retiring a rare theme is one of the worst things ganz could do!!!!!

come on!!!
who's with me???!!!

anyone think the sandstone spa should be a communal contest prize???

post answer in this thread!!
sorry whoever started this thread if you don't want credit fo my idea
LOL LOL
lps3cheese is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #44

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
As one who has been closely involved with Rares for well over a year now, I must respectfully disagree with this thread.

Retiring a Rare theme is an excellent idea, it will inject new life into things. Having retired items is part of the fun in WW, just look at all the interest that lava lamps acquired by becoming retired.

More frequent Rares sales will not help the many with Kinzcash shortages, it will just add to the frustration of being unable to buy several rares daily.

Believe me, the retirement route is better for all of us. And remember that mixing themes is much more creative than building a "matched set". It's not at all necessary to have every Egyptian item, in order to create a great pyramid room, on the contrary adding other items from other themes results in a unique room.

Creativity is the name of the game here.
i think this should be about kids being unable to attain items that they were told from the beginning would be available. i know retirement is part of the game but to retire items that people have to wait long peroids of time for is unfair. i mix and match my rares alot. i commented on my musuem rares in an earlier post..my point in starting this thread was to give people a chance to talk about their frustrations with rares being retired without hearing every few posts "i hope its XYZ theme going" everyone has a theme thats special to them and i wanted a chance to express in the section that was created for the purpose of getting all our ideas for ganz in one place.

i am dreading the day we find out which theme is retired and i have to tell one of the kids here that i will not be able to get a certain item for them. the kids in my family depend on auntie nicole, the cool aunt, to make all there webkinz items appear from the curio shop. they have learned about saving kc, and waiting patiently for their special item to show up. whenever possible i will let them go to artes but many times items pop up while in school. i get asked on a regular basis if i have seen the items they want. they don't care about entire collections, just certain special items.
i see nothing positive that can come out of retiring a rare theme. i don't see how that will help with creativity. i only see an impossible quest to obtain the retired items and having to give up a lot more that an item is worth to see it in my dock. kids who only can play a hour or two a day are not able to afford to get these items needed to trade for retired pieces. so who wins? not the kids
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #45
ow I'm blonde and
Gifted

penguinpal93 has much to be proud ofpenguinpal93 has much to be proud ofpenguinpal93 has much to be proud ofpenguinpal93 has much to be proud of

Yeah I really don't want them to retire one of the rare themes Thanks for posting this thread and bringing up the point
penguinpal93 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #46
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Yeah, please don't!
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #47
cbbjmom

bennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant future

It is hard enough for the kids to get the rares and find them when they are on WW. If the main objective is like what Ganz said in their own "tweet" retiring a rare so they can cycle through the others better? Then just have another rare on weekends or twice a day? It will still be rare because of the cost and the fact its only @ curio and we don't know (especially those not on level 7 or starting out) WHEN it will show up. Retiring a rare is just not a well thought out plan in my OHO . I agree with the point made earlier some kids get webbies 1 a year for gifts and don't have guardians/parents to stock pile emergency stash for the rares and get them during Asian early am hours. They rely on their KC and playing the games and jobs etc. I know WW has a lot of Adults (guilty of 200 + pets here! ) but wasn't this originally geared for the "young" and young at heart. Please retire another wshop and don't send it to curio,please keep the rares. Thank you
bennysmommy1 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #48
Think Pink~
Gift Guru

alex1920 knows the way
alex1920 knows the wayalex1920 knows the way

I totally agree! I am collecting 4 rare themes right now and would be very upset if one of them retired! And, every theme does have its own collectors, so please don't retire a rare theme Ganz!
alex1920 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #49
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

View Post Originally Posted by alex1920
I totally agree! I am collecting 4 rare themes right now and would be very upset if one of them retired! And, every theme does have its own collectors, so please don't retire a rare theme Ganz!
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #50
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

Hi Nicolee1978,
There are a variety of opinions expressed here. Thanks you for posting this thread. I have a small regular account. The main reason I participate in Webkinz is to collect items for my godchildren. They are only permitted to have computer time on the weekends.

In my opinion, this choice by Ganz is bad for their business.

1. The purchase of rares does generate cash for Ganz directly (estore) and indirectly (retailers).

2. Many people will not be able to purchase the items they want. This will create frustration and bad feelings toward Ganz.

3. All customer centered companies do announce what they are retiring and when they are doing it. This way people can purchase the items they want before they are "out of stock". Ganz is not telling us which rare theme and what date it is being retired. This will create frustration and bad feelings toward Ganz.

4. This will decrease the purchases of new and future rare themes. Who wants to start a collection that they can not finish? I doubt I will start another rare collection.

5. The Deluxe account holders do have alot of benefits. The rare dining room chairs are usually offered to these members, but not very often to the regular members. This has happened with the Medieval Dining Chairs twice in the last two weeks. If Medieval is the theme that retires, it would be salt in the wound. Sure, I could get other chairs for my godchildren's dragon rooms. But why should I when I have the kinzcash to buy the matching chairs?

Ganz, please reconsider the decision to drop a rare theme. If you must do it, please tell us all the items and when they will be retired. It would be better to have all of them offered in the Curio Shop during the close down time.

AuntietoEW
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Closed