Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #31
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: Please don't retire a rare theme ganz

i just sent ganz two ingame suggestion notes from my two accts not in maintenance............ i jsut said what was in my heart and the good thing is you have lots of space to do so, you are not limited as with the customer service form outof game. i am going to do this each day. i did this with other things and it did seem to work , but only if i , and others,persisted. i think it depends on their inclination to change whatever we complain about. it hink the more that complain the more they may change their thinking. i told them that the curio shop shoule be for rare ,and even retired, items only all day every day. because the wshop has their own sales.
if they did this they would never have to retire anything ever. its very very simple to do this.

send in your ingame suggestion forms everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #32
ebkinz rocks!

Webkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I've seen a lot of great posts here and would like to comment on many of them so bear with me!
Right then, here goes:

View Post Originally Posted by cocogirl211
It would be nice if they didn't retire...
Or if they did, they should give us a month or so's notice so we can go and buy all of the theme
I definitely agree that if they really have to retire a rare theme (as they say, narrow-minded as they are on this issue) I think there needs to be a lot better notice ahead of time! Of course telling which theme it is would the first thing to do And yes a month's notice would be much better, however the best possible timing would be closer to three month's notice since that is about the time it takes to cycle through all the rares!

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
i love that idea too! getting to level 7 to access extra rares.... wow, if only WI could get jobs in the creative dept. at webkinz! we would have the most amazing website ever!
Thanks! And yes who knows how great Webkinz could be if could work there! It seems we've got the creativity flowing around here! I wish Ganz could be more open-minded like members.

View Post Originally Posted by AuntMary57

Traders do care about honest WIGEV values but I don't know a WI trader on here who would EVER say "Oh I hope this theme retires so I can get a greater value out of it".

Another thing, traders don't give a rip about eStore replicas BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT BE KINZPOSTED OR TRADED IN ANY WAY!

As a Trading Card Collector, when the Gamer's Garden Shrubbery bed came out as an eStore Replica, even though I didn't have it, I didn't buy it to finish my collection.

Why?

As a friend said, "It wasn't my kill."

In other words, I didn't get it from coding that one...last....card.

I finally got it on my own...and no! I'm not trading it!

Ganz, don't retire the RARES!
Even though I haven't had the opportunity to buy many trading cards myself, I understand how you feel about that bed and I think no matter what Ganz plans, rares will not be the same unless Arte is selling them! Buying them from the E-store for real money? No way I think not! Anyone can do that! The joy is visiting Arte's shop and feeling like you're buying something special and sorta secret (not so much with at hand) but still it's an experience!

View Post Originally Posted by TexasAnne
Noooooooooo! Don't retire a rare theme!!!!! It is so hard to save for those expensive rares that take forever to appear in the curio shop, so naturally it takes forever to complete the themes even after two years of obsesseively playing on WW. It's bad enough that they retire ANY theme, but a rare theme?!? This is so not good.

It is so hard to earn enough money for all the rares....and w shop items....and kinzstyle clothes..and food, etc. If the rares were not as expensive as they are, I would have been able to complete my rare themed rooms long ago!
Yes rares are expensive and I believe unfortunately that is what helps make them rare so it would not do to lower their prices significantly. However from Ganz's point of view, they should remember that new members are joining all the time and while certain must change and always will, RARES SHOULD ALWAYS BE ATTAINABLE because collecting is one of the best aspects of for some people! It's not fair to make new members trade an excessive amount of new stuff just to collect retired rares

View Post Originally Posted by horseluver322
And also, isn't Webkinz supposed to be fun? And not getting stressed out about making money quicky for a Rare theme that will probably be retired before we can make enough?
Great point about the stress this is creating! After all, as many members have posted in various threads, they use Webkinz World for a wind-down relaxing activity! If Ganz inflicts stress by doing something like this that goes against the very reason many people are playing with Webkinz to begin!

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
another thing i don't understand is why announce a rare is being retired? it's not like we can get all the items we need before the date of retirement! it just drives some people wacky with anticipation.

i know for me i am hoping and hoping that the item i really want pops up soon. i don't even want to bring it up with the kids because i know how upset they will be if an item they want gets retired. i can get away with a long time going by without some item showing up. i just don't know how to tell them i won't be able to get the XYZ for them. rares have always been atainable to WW users. we just had to be patient for them.
As I commented above, I agree that the notice given is NOT SUFFICIENT at all! Come on Ganz, shouldn't you be demonstrating the principle of fairness to the children using your site?

Patience is a great virtue as they say and the rares always help remind us of that. But as soon as you take a theme away, what happens to patience? There is none - people will just be running around the trading room like maniacs trying to grab every piece they need while they can.

View Post Originally Posted by BirdGirl
Ganz, please, please, please, please, please, keep all the rare themes. They are really difficult to collect and those people who started on webkinz more recently have absolutely no way of collecting every item in every set by now. Collecting is also especially challenging for younger members of WW. My younger cousins want to collect many of the pieces from all different sets and it takes them quite a while to save and then wait for Arte to carry them. I think it's great that most of the themes have to do with a period of history, and I love that it is fostering an interest in history for my cousins as well.

If the Rares are programmed into the game already, why get rid of them when they are so much fun to hunt for?

Please keep all the rare themes. They really make Webkinz the best online pet game that there is!
Your sentiments are beautifully expressed BirdGirl I agree that the rares may get younger children interested in periods of history. Why diminish this educational aspect by getting rid of a rare theme?

Also I think it is important to note that this change does not make less work for Ganx, just more since all the programming must be changed! I believe Ganz employees could spend their time better working to fix the many glitches and other issues with their programming that have been reported to them

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
i dont think retiring a rare theme shows much manners on ganz part, but im used to that from them. i also dont think retiring a wshop theme without telling which one or giving a months notice or so has any manners either.

i dont want a wshop theme yanked last minute either. both of these things show no regard for us customers. im so tired of this kind of behaviour from the creative director of ganz. i know ganz has tons of creativity. they can do this right if they wanted to. nicolee, the reason they are doing this is because they CAN ............. and i really believe they kinda enjoy the power of it all.............. its as addictive for him or her as playing ww for six hours a day is for some of us. thats just my feeling.

really like i the idea of having an artes backdoor area where if you get to level 7 you get access. i feel very badly for those of us who want to collect the rares just for the fun of it not just for the value of it in a trade or the gift exchange. the kids are like this , and so are those adults who dont have lots of time on ww to play and accumulate kc, or who play mostly for decorating their own rooms and dont trade.

one idea i have is to even go further with the curio shop and make it all rares all day. lots of times i dont even check it because why buy a whop item that costs more there, its a trick that i dont like to see on the site anyway. why retire any items that are gone, when you can put all rares all day................ its ------- so---------simple. nothing would ever be gone, and it would be fun again to check the curio shop................

its so hard to make the cash for the rares and ill be darned if im going to buy everything from the estore either, sicne that looks like a trend too.............. this is just so bad in so many ways to retire a rare theme WITHOUT SAYING WHICH ONE................ so at least people can try to get the pieces to complete a room because what is happening to me, and many others i think, is we are tired of the scrambling and the guess ing and the wasting of kc to buy themes before they go away only to find we wasted a lot of kc because our guess was wrong...... amoung other things that wear me out after four years of playing..................

i honestly feel so bad for the kids ( and adults too) who are wanting to complete a room that will never be complete now.............

and thank you sooooooooooooo much nicollee1978 for starting this thread and for inviting me to it. one suggestion you might want to do is to go to ganz homepage and leave the link to this thread if you are allowed to do that ( or you can just tell them how to find this) or even better you can express your concerns there. i think it is www.ganz.com. and you can also write all you want in the ingame suggestion form. its really easy and you can write all youwant......................

we can all do this if we want to, they will hear us if we do that........they may not do anything but at least they will know how many feel............. they read them .................... its a suggestion.

nicollee,you can also flag your post and ask a mod or admin to maybe post this to the front page. or leave a message for justin on his page to do so.......................

thank you for thinking of this ......................... i hope that they will listen to some of the great ideas here. its jsut toooooooooooooooooooo hard to make kc in order to buy even a room with wshop things.........thats why i dont want any themes retired there either so fast or without notice.........

this just shows no manners to the kids or to us adults either.

What a thorough post BASMAT I really like your suggestion of using the in-game feedback option to tell Ganz directly! I think I will try that tomorrow
Webkinzguy4life is offline Male
Old 04-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #33
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

I have a few points to add as well. GANZ is saying they have to retire a rare theme so the others can circulate faster, well, and this is not against those who are deluxe members, but my family is not, it seems that since deluxe was added, most days you only have an opportunity to get 1 rare, if you can get to a computer at that time. Most of the time the rare I need is deluxe only. Some days there are no rares offered or only 1 and then out of the blue there will be a day where 4 are offered. If they offered 4 rares per day and even if 2 of them had to be deluxe, though I would hope only 1 would be, then they would be able to circulate the rares through at least twice as fast. If they can offer 4 rares on some days, why not more often. And if they HAVE to retire a rare, which I am totally against, the least they can do is tell us which one and offer them repeatedly over the next couple of weeks and not just for deluxe members. Us regular members may not spend money on deluxe and e-store but we sure do put a lot of money in their pockets buying webkinz, and zumbuddies and kinz klips. I miss the good old days when all a child needed to play was a webkinz. Now there are areas kids can not play in because they don't have a charm from the e-store etc. . . Just my 10 cents worth...
slbradshaw is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 04:52 AM   #34
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by slbradshaw
I have a few points to add as well. GANZ is saying they have to retire a rare theme so the others can circulate faster, well, and this is not against those who are deluxe members, but my family is not, it seems that since deluxe was added, most days you only have an opportunity to get 1 rare, if you can get to a computer at that time. Most of the time the rare I need is deluxe only. Some days there are no rares offered or only 1 and then out of the blue there will be a day where 4 are offered. If they offered 4 rares per day and even if 2 of them had to be deluxe, though I would hope only 1 would be, then they would be able to circulate the rares through at least twice as fast. If they can offer 4 rares on some days, why not more often. And if they HAVE to retire a rare, which I am totally against, the least they can do is tell us which one and offer them repeatedly over the next couple of weeks and not just for deluxe members. Us regular members may not spend money on deluxe and e-store but we sure do put a lot of money in their pockets buying webkinz, and zumbuddies and kinz klips. I miss the good old days when all a child needed to play was a webkinz. Now there are areas kids can not play in because they don't have a charm from the e-store etc. . . Just my 10 cents worth...
i am a delux member and id GLADLY GLADLY GLADLY give my priviledge up so we all culd get more rares. it makes no sense to alienate all of us with this. like hosrselover said , and webkinzguy too, that if all we get is stress and hurry-hurry-hurry where is the fun in all that? im certainly almost at my breaking point with the hurry-hurry-hurry feeling. thats not why i started to play and for kids they dont need anymore of that.
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #35

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
i am a delux member and id GLADLY GLADLY GLADLY give my priviledge up so we all culd get more rares. it makes no sense to alienate all of us with this. like hosrselover said , and webkinzguy too, that if all we get is stress and hurry-hurry-hurry where is the fun in all that? im certainly almost at my breaking point with the hurry-hurry-hurry feeling. thats not why i started to play and for kids they dont need anymore of that.
Hello BASMAT and everyone on this thread. May I commisserate with you ?? I don't want to see any themes retired, especially rares. What I don't get is why ?? Why do it in the first place ?? I'm somewhat computer savy, I'm a web designer and graphics editor, I know my way around a computer program both client and server side .... and yet I fail to see the problem with keeping the programming for virtual items.

When Ganz retires anything, be it W-Shop clothing, W-Shop themes or a precious rare theme, they always say they need to free up space to make room for the new stuff. What space ?? Is Ganz talking about gigabytes or terrabytes of space on servers ?? If I were to believe this really were the reason, then it's the lamest reason they could give. Ganz has more money from Webkinz than we can imagine (but don't kid yourself, it's in the multi-billions of dollars ~ the Ganz family who owns Ganz Corp. and Webkinz is ~ to say the least ~ well off ... cough, cough) and they can well afford server space for the programming of the items. It's not like we're talking about a physical, real-world warehouse that is so full, you couldn't cram another box in it. It's SERVER space and that kind of space is sooooooooo easy to get ~ you just have to pay for it.

I don't quite know how to phrase this part of my thinking and I know I'm already rambling, but ... it's like WW shouldn't belong to Ganz .... it's us, the devoted members who have collectively spent billions of dollars worldwide on this hobby .... it should belong to us and Ganz should pull up their socks and LISTEN to us for a change. WE know what's best for WW because we truly want it to be a fun place for the adults and children alike, not a make-believe place that STRESSES us out !! Once in a blue moon the almighty Creative Director proclaims at the top of his corporate lungs, "YOU SPOKE AND WE LISTENED !!" when they give us something we want .... but I'll say that those instances are few and far between.

Ganz doesn't deserve Webkinz. They may have come up with the idea, but it's the members who made it what it is today.

I really really hope they listen to us on this issue. They've ignored us on so many issues that need improving upon but I hope they pay attention this time and don't retire a rare theme.

OK, I'm done now. I'm getting off-topic, I'm starting to whine and grumble; it's late, I'm tired and I'm stepping down ....
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #36
gotmilk25

gotmilk25 is just really nicegotmilk25 is just really nice

Do not retire!
If it's a movie screen you retire get ready for the phone to ring ring ring all day day day.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #37
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

Please don't retire a rare theme, Ganz!
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #38
sparkleandsnow is an unknown quantity at this point

save the rares! i dont git y they wud retire theez itms
sparkleandsnow is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #39

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

I totally agree--I hate when they retire themes period, but to retire a rare theme? What about the people who only started a year ago, have been collecting the Egyptian or Ancient or whichever, and suddenly they are never goign to complete their room?

I remember it took more than a year to finally get the flooring for my Ancient Civ room. It just never showed up (and lately it has shown up frequently). To think that it would be impossible to ever get that flooring would have been very frustrating.

Please, Ganz, reconsider this and come up with a creative and way to deal with this issue!
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #40

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

wow! what a nice surprise to wake up and see a few more posts here! i think everyone has wonderful ideas and the comments are so heartfelt.

i wish i could take every post i have read on the wi site addressing this issue and foward it to ganz. i wish they could understand
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Closed