Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
texasanne
Gift Guru

TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Please don't retire a rare theme ganz

Noooooooooo! Don't retire a rare theme!!!!! It is so hard to save for those expensive rares that take forever to appear in the curio shop, so naturally it takes forever to complete the themes even after two years of obsesseively playing on WW. It's bad enough that they retire ANY theme, but a rare theme?!? This is so not good.
View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzguy4life
Wow amazing suggestion AuntMary57! That would be really neat...maybe you'd have to buy enough to be on level 7 terms with Arte before you could access it...that way they're still available but just slightly more challenging
I like this idea alot. Something that would also be good regarding rares.....please do not make them so expensive! It is so hard to earn enough money for all the rares....and w shop items....and kinzstyle clothes..and food, etc. If the rares were not as expensive as they are, I would have been able to complete my rare themed rooms long ago!
TexasAnne is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

horseluver322 is on a distinguished road

Please don't retire! I can't buy things from the Estore, and it takes me forever to earn money, so even if they gave us a months notice, the Bed of the Pharoah would only show up once in that month, an I would never get it. PLEAS PLEASE PLEAS GANZ!! Put less W shop items in the Curio Shop if you want more space!!! And also while your at it, lower prices

And also, isn't Webkinz supposed to be fun? And not getting stressed out about making money quicky for a Rare theme that will probably be retired before we can make enough?
horseluver322 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #23

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

another thing i don't understand is why announce a rare is being retired? it's not like we can get all the items we need before the date of retirement! it just drives some people wacky with anticipation.

i know for me i am hoping and hoping that the item i really want pops up soon. i don't even want to bring it up with the kids because i know how upset they will be if an item they want gets retired. i can get away with a long time going by without some item showing up. i just don't know how to tell them i won't be able to get the XYZ for them. rares have always been atainable to WW users. we just had to be patient for them.
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #24
Friends Always!

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

I agree that the best decision is to cycle through the rares more often. And I would also like to see a stop to some rares being for Deluxe only. Not all parents can afford Deluxe in this economy, so that limits the availablity even more. Offering rares more frequently shouldn't make them less valuable, simply because you have more in the rotation. WW has become more and more frustrating for kids. They can't save up fast enough for all the items available. By offering rares more often, it will give the younger members a chance to save, knowing that they will see that item again reasonably soon and they will have a goal to work toward. Please don't retire a rare theme.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #25
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

I hope that Ganz reconsiders this idea myself. I find it annoying that you can only buy one rare item per account each day and I don't think Ganz has considered the fact that rares can fuel the sale of webkinz. When a new rare is introduced and people are low on kc they will adopt pets they have duplicates of (that they see on sale ) just for the kc. Its crazy but true cause I have done it.
lauraanne is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #26

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

i have many duplicates as well. i load up on clearance webkinz! i have sooooooo many porcupines i was so excited when i got the new throne as an adoption gift this week. people love their blue boxes! i can't imagine losing an entire theme. the reason people love rares is because they are so unique. there are many rooms i could not make without my rares. my favorite room is my musuem. i mixed columns and different items to create galleries. the hippo fridge and suits of armor are my favorites! even the science gloge is perfect in there! i also showcase my griffin rug. without all the rare themes it will be impossible to continue adding to this room. there is a fine balance between the groups. this is just one of many ideas that are being ruined by the idea of retiring a rare
Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #27

BirdGirl is a splendid one to beholdBirdGirl is a splendid one to beholdBirdGirl is a splendid one to beholdBirdGirl is a splendid one to behold

Ganz, please, please, please, please, please, keep all the rare themes. They are really difficult to collect and those people who started on webkinz more recently have absolutely no way of collecting every item in every set by now. Collecting is also especially challenging for younger members of WW. My younger cousins want to collect many of the pieces from all different sets and it takes them quite a while to save and then wait for Arte to carry them. I think it's great that most of the themes have to do with a period of history, and I love that it is fostering an interest in history for my cousins as well.

If the Rares are programmed into the game already, why get rid of them when they are so much fun to hunt for?

Please keep all the rare themes. They really make Webkinz the best online pet game that there is!

Last edited by BirdGirl; 04-17-2010 at 11:29 PM..
BirdGirl is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #28

maddieplanet11 is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Please don't retire a rare theme ganz

i think they should retire a curio shop theme like the farm theme or something i don't want theme to retire ANY rare theme except the scientist one.....but other then that keep all others!!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by AuntMary57
Don't retire the rare themes, Ganz! The themes you are talking about are ALREADY Curio Shop Only and hard enough to get!

My suggestion is make a New section called "Arte's Back Room"!

"Psssst...hey Arte? Got anything else for sale?"

DON'T RETIRE THE RARES, Ganz!!!!!

YEAH!!!!! that is a good idea........like you have a back section.. and you have to spend an amount of money at the CS and when you spend that amount of money you unlock this section like you said "Artes back room"and you get to pick a rare theme and only buy one item a week or whatever and not be so expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think that will be a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by maddieplanet11; 04-18-2010 at 12:39 AM..
maddieplanet11 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #29
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

i dont think retiring a rare theme shows much manners on ganz part, but im used to that from them. i also dont think retiring a wshop theme without telling which one or giving a months notice or so has any manners either.

i dont want a wshop theme yanked last minute either. both of these things show no regard for us customers. im so tired of this kind of behaviour from the creative director of ganz. i know ganz has tons of creativity. they can do this right if they wanted to. nicolee, the reason they are doing this is because they CAN ............. and i really believe they kinda enjoy the power of it all.............. its as addictive for him or her as playing ww for six hours a day is for some of us. thats just my feeling.

really like i the idea of having an artes backdoor area where if you get to level 7 you get access. i feel very badly for those of us who want to collect the rares just for the fun of it not just for the value of it in a trade or the gift exchange. the kids are like this , and so are those adults who dont have lots of time on ww to play and accumulate kc, or who play mostly for decorating their own rooms and dont trade.

one idea i have is to even go further with the curio shop and make it all rares all day. lots of times i dont even check it because why buy a whop item that costs more there, its a trick that i dont like to see on the site anyway. why retire any items that are gone, when you can put all rares all day................ its ------- so---------simple. nothing would ever be gone, and it would be fun again to check the curio shop................

its so hard to make the cash for the rares and ill be darned if im going to buy everything from the estore either, sicne that looks like a trend too.............. this is just so bad in so many ways to retire a rare theme WITHOUT SAYING WHICH ONE................ so at least people can try to get the pieces to complete a room because what is happening to me, and many others i think, is we are tired of the scrambling and the guess ing and the wasting of kc to buy themes before they go away only to find we wasted a lot of kc because our guess was wrong...... amoung other things that wear me out after four years of playing..................

i honestly feel so bad for the kids ( and adults too) who are wanting to complete a room that will never be complete now.............

and thank you sooooooooooooo much nicollee1978 for starting this thread and for inviting me to it. one suggestion you might want to do is to go to ganz homepage and leave the link to this thread if you are allowed to do that ( or you can just tell them how to find this) or even better you can express your concerns there. i think it is www.ganz.com. and you can also write all you want in the ingame suggestion form. its really easy and you can write all youwant......................

we can all do this if we want to, they will hear us if we do that........they may not do anything but at least they will know how many feel............. they read them .................... its a suggestion.

nicollee,you can also flag your post and ask a mod or admin to maybe post this to the front page. or leave a message for justin on his page to do so.......................

thank you for thinking of this ......................... i hope that they will listen to some of the great ideas here. its jsut toooooooooooooooooooo hard to make kc in order to buy even a room with wshop things.........thats why i dont want any themes retired there either so fast or without notice.........

this just shows no manners to the kids or to us adults either.

Last edited by BASMAT; 04-18-2010 at 01:17 AM..
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #30

i think that is another great point, lots of us collect rares for the joy of rares, not for it's trading value. i don't trade personally. i think basmat has said her opinion wonderfully, clearly, and logically. thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought out comment.

thanks to everyone for commenting so far as well. i have tried very hard to thank everyone individually but i also want to say it in my posts! i am grateful all of you have taken the time to post.

i think this is really important. if we take each small voice and put them together we will have a very big ROAR!
Closed