Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
pathrek
Lil Kinz
HPSAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Question Pet of the Month - Question/Suggestion

I tried searching to make sure this has not been addressed before but couldn't find anything - so I apologize if it has or if I am in the wrong spot - this is my first post.
Here is my question - if you already have the POTM on your account do you get any sort of loot bag? We know that you can get extra spins and coupons, etc in the daily activities section but my daughter is very upset about not getting the special items - like the dandelion. My daughter is feeling punished for already owning pets and wants me to purchase duplicates on the month they are POTM - that is just not going to happen. I admit she is one of those "spoiled" Webkinz mamas with over 160 pets currently logged on - but this is something special she does with my mother. Her grandma lives in another state and sends her some every month and is doing her best to even get some of the retired ones she doesn't have (some are just way too expensive but she keeps looking and hoping to find a hidden deal ). I realize that Ganz is a business but trying to get you to buy duplicates when you already have it is just mean spirited when it come to kids.
So I guess my real question is who I can I contact about my concern that would really take me seriously? I would really like some way for people who already bought the pet to be able to get a loot bag/gift box without purchasing a duplicate animal. With as many as she gets it seems silly not to let her log them in in fear that it may be a POTM sometime but she is feeling left out and punished for logging them in as my mother purchases them for her. Also, I would hate to try and keep track of the tags until the "proper" month to log in (yes I still have every tag just in case but I do not wish to have a whole file draw in my office committed to webkinz). So my suggestion would be that an owner would just have to play with that pet in that month and when they clicked on them to play with them they would get the loot bag. I have no problem with trying to encourage people to go out and buy Webkinz but it just seems unfair to have to buy duplicates if you are already buying them each month as they are released.
Sorry to ramble - I am a very frustrated mom with a very sad, confused and frustrated 8 year old.
And thank you to anyone who can help me figure how to get this addressed.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 
Default Re: Pet of the Month - Question/Suggestion

I know where you are coming from and it is discouraging to have a pet that is already logged on be named the POTM; unfortunately, Ganz does not give a loot bag if it is already logged in... and state so on their website, however I feel like you do if I have bought the product does it really matter if I have already logged it in after all we are talking about virtual items so what's the big deal. However, knowing this I have about a hundred pets that are waiting in line, because I too want that shot at those special prizes. I think it would be a good idea if all of us start to suggest that all the pets that are chosen get the bag. After all this is supposed to be a fun thing for the kids and they should be able to log on their pets as they buy them and still get those items at a later date.

---------- Ergoiam added 3 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

So sorry I got so busy answering you that I forgot to tell you Welcome, you have found a wonder site for information and all things related to Webkinz World....if you have not done so you will find it very helpful to read the FAQ and Rules at the top of the page. Hope to see you around. I off to post my suggestion to Ganz about letting the kids who have already logged their pets on have the same loot bag. Who knows maybe we will get lucky and they will change their minds... P.S. I keep my codes in a database.

Last edited by Ergoiam; 03-11-2009 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Webkinz :)

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

Default Re: Pet of the Month - Question/Suggestion

I agree - if you have the pet, you don't get a loot bag. You have to adopt a new one.

Glad to know your daughter's grandmother does look for bargains though. I have noticed (this is not a fact mind you as it can vary state to state, etc.), but the Webkinz at mom and pop stores (smaller stores) tend to be at least a dollar or two cheaper than at the chains. There is the downside of not getting them before the larger chains; however, the mom and pops tend to also have more of the ones that are now retired - some even keep them the same price. This might also help in that hunt for the harder to find Webkinz.

Also, there is a section on WW that allows for suggestions, though sadly there's no guarantee that they'll be read. You can try sending your idea through that avenue. Good luck in your endeavor, and it's a great idea.

And, welcome to the boards. It's a lot of fun here, and there are some lively debates going on as well (but all polite, which is another plus. )
Closed